Mario Williams will bounce back.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Blake, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Blake

Blake MMQB

As the poster who shares his name, I think I need to step in and make a positive comment about our newest #1 draft pick.

While I hear the grumblings of Fan A, and Fan B, I also realize that this is week one of 16. I will be the first to agree with you that Mario was a non factor in yesterdays game. I will be the first to agree that he needs to step it up. But lets keep in mind that this is his first full 60 minute NFL game. Lets keep in mind that the learning curve for a DE is more dificult than a RB. Lets keep in mind that as long as he works his ass off to get better (which he is) he deserves a chance to redeem himself. A chance to show the fans why he was taken ahead of the big 2.

Give the guy a chance. Its week 1.

:twocents:

bigcarlos and Hulk75 like this.
  2. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

He will be fine, just has to react faster, that will come.

3. real

real Guest

The Texans orginization could feed some of us water and make us believe it's ice cream....

4. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Heaven forbid a rookie doesnt play like an all pro week 1 . . .

5. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

To me it looked like he was thinking extremely hard about what he was doing most of the game. That will always slow a player down. Once he gets completely up to speed and on top of things, I expect him to be much better. One week down, only sixteen left. Dang

6. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I agree its week one...relax things will get better!

7. Bsacamano

Bsacamano Rookie

Fair Enough.....It's probably unfair that he is facing this much criticism so early in his career. I think the reason is that we made such a controversial decision in drafting him over Bush, that folks wanted and needed to see something from him early. The fact that we haven't is a real bummer

8. real

real Guest

He's not just any rookie...That exscuse would work for Spencer, Winston..yada yada...Mario was the first pick of the draft...He is not and should not be evaluated on the same level as every other rookie....

Heaven forbid the first pick of the draft doesn't show any signs of life...

9. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

Talk to Alex Smith about being the first pick in the draft. He was the worst NFL quarterback last year. Only one touchdown pass all season. Yesterday he actually came to life and started to look like an NFL quarterback. These things take time.

10. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Translation: He's not Reggie Bush

11. real

real Guest

So the learning curve for a QB and DE are the same now...Alex smith made a lot of mental errors during his 1st year...I expect the same from Mario...But All we've heard about is his physical tools and I have yet to see it translate on the field.....

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I thought you should have kept your old name Blake...you had an identy here then...nobody knows who you are now.

13. real

real Guest

Im not sure what you meant by that...but no he isn't Reggie Bush...Reggie Bush was the best player in that draft....I still believe that Mario will help our team more in the long run...atleast that is what I am hoping...

14. Blake

Blake MMQB

You act like every #1 overall draft pick but Williams has had a stellar first year. There is a reason the Texans got the first pick. They are a project just like Williams.

15. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

I like cookies and cream.

16. real

real Guest

oh so we took a project with the first overall pick...don't make me laugh...

And you don't seem to get it...He is a human just like the rest of the players...but he was drafted #1 sorta like that david guy...He will always be subject to mass scrutiny just because of how he came into the leauge...He sucked yesterday and did not show much to be excited about...Don't be so naive and assume Mario will be a beast because Kubiak and CO. told you so....I'm not saying Mario isn't going to be everything that he's hyped to be...Do I think He will at any point be better than Bush ? Heck no...But I do think that He will bring more success to our team by strenghthening our weak defense...Whether not he was worthy of being taken #1...that remains to be seen...

17. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

Bounce back? he hasn't been anywhere to bounce back to.

all that aside, we've gotta give him at least a year to develop.

18. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

When Mario starts breaking some O-line fingers to shed some of those holds, he'll be on his way.

19. Blake

Blake MMQB

I understand your point, but my old username(at that time) meant something to me. Now-a-days it means nothing, so I figured now would be the best time for a change up. Kind of like how I thought this year would have been the best time to get a new QB. But thats in the past...

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

i understand...I just thought that you were a solid poster with a good history and some of our casual fans may not connect you with your earlier screen name.