Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

"Mario Williams sues ex-fiancee for $785,000 ring"

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
some people never liked Mario even when he was a Texans felt he lacked effort and a high motor ....also the Looked like tarzan plays like Jane

Blake

MMQB
The person who broke off the engagement needs to give up the ring. Now they just need to figure out which one it was.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This board seems to have a trend on hating former players, even if they were cut or traded against their will.

The Jacoby hate I can understand. Mario hate? Eric Winston hate? It is about as old as the VY and Reggie hate.
Let me help you with this.

MW didn't put in the time to improve and when 2 different DL coaches tried to push MW, there were summmarily fired after the seaon was over. (Nobody should ask MW to worharder/learn new things regarding his craft.)

Winston is a confirmed clubhouse lawyer, who puts trying to set himself up with a career in the media after his career in football is over ahead of putting in the work neccessary to improve his game, so that he doesn't get his QB nearly decapitared 1-2 a game. When his QB does get hurt (Cassell) do to his failure to do his job properly, he deflects blame by talking about how unfair the fans are to the fallen QB. This is the definition of a clubhouse lawyer.

Good riddance to both Mario and Winston. You will never win a Lombardi with these type of guys on your roster. No matter how talented they may be.

Speaking of winning a Lombardi, do you fansout there feel as hough the Texans upper level management has done everthing they possibly could to try to win a SB over the yrs?

Dread-Head

Hall of Fame
Good post! If the former fiancee' stayed in the relationship long enough to gain Mario's trust, and dump him after getting more than a million dollars through gifts and engagement ring, he could thank her for being so short sighted. Imagine a million dollar wedding at his expense, two kids in two years, salary he earned the two or three years married, could have cost at least ten times more. He should probably consider the gifts the cost of tuition to the university of hard knocks, but he should get the ring back if she still has it. If not she should be indebted to him until the cost is paid in full.
(cue O-Jays) Money money money money.....MONEY!

tru80texan

Waterboy
I'm so glad the diva Williams is gone. His ex-fiance's lawyer is going to make a complete fool out of him as he has now released text messages from Mario claiming to have suicidal thoughts after his ex refused to speak to him. He was better off letting her have the ring because now he's looking like a head case & still may lose the ring in the process. It's a shame he has resorted to those type of thoughts & claiming to OD on drugs to do it is something that the NFL might take notice of as well. That obviously will not help his situation. It might be time to cut the loses & move on, but you would think he would've thought of all this before pushing the issue. Buffalo's problem now.:vincepalm:

jaayteetx

All Pro
I'm so glad the diva Williams is gone. His ex-fiance's lawyer is going to make a complete fool out of him as he has now released text messages from Mario claiming to have suicidal thoughts after his ex refused to speak to him. He was better off letting her have the ring because now he's looking like a head case & still may lose the ring in the process. It's a shame he has resorted to those type of thoughts & claiming to OD on drugs to do it is something that the NFL might take notice of as well. That obviously will not help his situation. It might be time to cut the loses & move on, but you would think he would've thought of all this before pushing the issue. Buffalo's problem now.:vincepalm:
She is a money hungry POS, IMO. He may or may not have mental issues but for her to pull all of this crap, throwing all his dirty laundry out there, shows her true colors. I hope he gets the ring back and she has tons of legal fees afterwards, would serve her right.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Be careful what you ask for, Mario...
[Her attorney], however, countered that Williams broke the engagement at least five times and made the final decision to end marriage plans. He also said Williams lied when he said in the suit that he gave Marzouki an American Express card on which she charged $108,000 in personal expenses. Most of those expenses, Buzbee said, were for expenses at Williams’ homes.
Friday, [her attorney] released a three-page series of text messages sent to Marzouki’s mobile phone in which Williams wrote on Nov. 11, “I took 3 hydrocodones this morning and no one knows” and “I’m going to take 2 more on the plane and fade away.” He also texted “No money in the world should leave me with suicidal thoughts.”

In a message on the same day, Marzouki replied, “You told me you’re having suicidal thoughts. Clearly me & you don’t need to talk after every mean thing you said to be, but I’m going to tell DD to call you or something BC you went above and beyond saying suicidal thoughts, taking pills. Someone that you trust needs to intervene.”
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/05/mario-williams-text-message-no-money-in-the-world-should-leave-me-with-suicidal-thoughts/

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
She is a money hungry POS, IMO. He may or may not have mental issues but for her to pull all of this crap, throwing all his dirty laundry out there, shows her true colors. I hope he gets the ring back and she has tons of legal fees afterwards, would serve her right.
The lawyer is building a loser of a case. Put these two positions together:

1) He was a suicidal, drug abusing nut-job.

2) She still wanted to marry him.

That's real convincing.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The lawyer is building a loser of a case. Put these two positions together:

1) He was a suicidal, drug abusing nut-job.

2) She still wanted to marry him.

That's real convincing.
I hear ya.

then again, if this goes before a jury populated with like-minded <ahem> "ladies"... this could end badly for Mario.

Texn4life

All Pro
The only thing that the lawyer is proving by releasing this info is that Mario was sprung. He was so in love that he wasn't thinking straight. I'm not really familiar with the law, but I'm not quite sure how releasing this helps her.

Wolf

100% Texan
A Harris County state district judge Friday instructed attorneys for former Texans defensive lineman Mario Williams to turn over his cellular phone and certain financial and medical records for potential examination by attorneys for Williams’ former fiancée.

Williams said in his lawsuit filed in early May that Marzouki “unilaterally terminated” the engagement and refused his request to return the diamond engagement ring valued at $785,000. Buzbee countered that Williams broke the engagement and made false statements about Marzouki in the lawsuit that warranted an investigation by Harris County prosecutors to determine whether he had committed perjury.

Buzbee has been the verbal aggressor during the pretrial phase, and that pattern continued Friday.

“You want to play? Let’s play,” he said at one point. During another exchange, he said, “We want that phone, and we want it now. Then I will take his deposition, and I’m going to ask (Williams) some hard questions. He needs to be asked the hard questions.”

Buzbee also said he needed access to a wide range of documents to determine whether Williams was unfaithful to Marzouki during their engagement, engaged in “sexting” with other women or purchased gifts for other women. He said he also wanted access to medical records to determine whether Williams suffered from mood swings that might explain what Marzouki claims was Williams’ decision to end the engagement.

Monica Orlando countered that Buzbee was seeking wide access to documents because he was “fishing” for information to bolster a weak defense.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/07/williams-ordered-to-hand-over-cell-phone-as-ugly-lawsuit-continues/