Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mario Williams on Rome

beerlover

Hall of Fame
set your dial to 610 (11:00-2:00) for tomorrows Jim Rome show because Mario Williams is going to be a guest. just fyi don't want y'all to miss :mario:

-Seems like a really good teammate.
-Doesn't want Okoye to go through what he did in rookie year.
-Matt Schaub is a general, defense has whole lot of faith in him.
-Likes Carr, but didn't talk down on him.
-Stressed fundamentals for Colts game, also bringing the hat to Manning. Used the word disruption several times.
-Feels like the tide will be turned by the end of the season but not now.

Thanks for the recap. I'm kind of fuzzy on what the above might mean.

I think he meant when it came to "people getting off his case." He was realistic when it came to how fans treat him and he said a few bad games will have people saying the bad stuff again. He was positive about it but realistic as to how it changes game to game. He said you will have to wait a year to see if the tide turns.

Ya know..... Work ****ing sucks!! I was all ready to act like I was working - but listening to Mario on Rome and then........ I had to take a FREAKIN' phone call!!!

Not a whole lot of substance in the interview, but it was a good interview for Mario's image...

If you weren't a fan of his, or didn't know much about him, it'd be hard pressed not to root for him to succeed after hearing that interview...

He represented himself and the organization really well.

Ya know..... Work ****ing sucks!! I was all ready to act like I was working - but listening to Mario on Rome and then........ I had to take a FREAKIN' phone call!!!

Let me call ya right back I have to go to the john.

OK yeah I know I could not do that but what the hell.

not taking anything for granted & waiting until the end of the season to awknowledge the change in fan support. also taking Amobi under his wing to help him avoid the same mistakes he made (I wonder what they where? did not expand). overall just got to play through all the hype, continue to improve & help the Texans win :fans:

I just hate how bitter he is about the whole Vince/Reggie thing. You can hardly blame him, but I get the feeling he just doesn't like us fans very much. I was okay with the pick... I never really wanted VY - as much as I love the guy - and I was never convinced that Reggie was going to be a great NFLer... I really hope he takes a liking to the fans, because he's VERY aware of how the bandwagon is filling up, both for him personally and the team.

Whoa! A Carolina Panthers fan just called the show and propped the Texans and Mario. Man, the Panther fans are the most gracious fans ever.

I just hate how bitter he is about the whole Vince/Reggie thing. You can hardly blame him, but I get the feeling he just doesn't like us fans very much. I was okay with the pick... I never really wanted VY - as much as I love the guy - and I was never convinced that Reggie was going to be a great NFLer... I really hope he takes a liking to the fans, because he's VERY aware of how the bandwagon is filling up, both for him personally and the team.

Really? I haven't heard him mention any animosity towars them yet. All I have heard him say is that you can't compare the positions because of where they play. I'm sure he gets aggrevated about "EVERYONE" asking him nonstop if the Texans made the right choice and why he wasn't producing last year. I really like Mario and thing he will develope into an elite DE for years to come. People need to lay off him.:cool:

I hate Rome with a passion but....that was a great interview. Mario is a class act, and doesnt say anything bad about Carr/Reggie/VY-gate.

This is what the Texan Nation is all about.:texflag:

He didn't say anything to that effect, and he wouldn't. It's the feeling I get when I hear him asked about it. You can tell he was really hurt by it, and I don't blame him.

One positive from it is that it will put a permanent chip on his shoulder when he's on the field.

Back