Mario where are you at?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by silvrhand, Sep 28, 2009.

1. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

I know this will be an unpopular thread, but I have to say it where were you during the Jags game? After watching Freeney destroy the cardinals LT all night long why can't you take over a game like this from the pass rush sense at least?

We were up against rookie "tackles" on both ends and we come away with 0 sacks and almost 0 pressures.. How can this be, this isn't about schema this is pure ability vs ability.

)(*$)(@*$(*@()* frustrated..

2. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

He was being guided in a semicircle around the qb. Oh and giving the Jags an extra 15 yards for a horse collar tackle. He has been playing just as crappy as the rest of our defense.

3. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    He's lost with the rest of the :d:

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Freeney destroyed Eugene Monroe in game 1

5. silvrhand

Yes, he's just about destroyed every tackle he has faced so far this year, he just takes over the entire side of the line and creates oppurtunity for others. He just destroyed Gandy last night, he shoved him and a friggin running back into the QB on a play that he just bull rushed it was insane.

Mario is supposed to be some freak of nature as the strongest or second strongest on the field but never see any power moves from him.

6. BrandonLwowski

BrandonLwowski Veteran

Where was Mario and Cushing against the jags. Cushing was all over the feild the titans game and seemed like a ghost against the jags, especially on that bootleg keeper from garrard

7. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

The Jags were chipping and doubling Mario like crazy yesterday. They did a good job of scheming against him. He was good against the run and had a few pressures on Garrard.

8. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Yeah, I saw a few times where they chipped and double teamed. He didn't play great, but he is about the only guy you have to worry about. It's repulsive how little we get from the other linemen.

9. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

you ought to stop creating threads and sticking to commenting in existing threads if this stuff is the best drivel you can come up with...just sayin' (as I peek in the lazy Schaub thread). Mario is the only guy worth anything on the line and it isn't even close.

Texans_Chick likes this.
  10. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Mario was on the field trying to get to the QB who was easily getting the ball to wide open receivers.

If the secondary cannot do their job, the pass rushers cannot do their jobs.

11. Vinny

Both have to work and the Texans have awful DT play and nothing on the other edge. Hell, TJ was the best DT on the team and they just gave him away. The guys we 'went to war' with play like the French taking on the Germans. The make up of this team D is awful and poorly thought out.

12. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Yeah. He had alot of attention. He's also one of the few guys who didn't miss tackles.

13. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Fixed it. Can't say pass rushers plural, because we have one.

14. Dan B.

Dan B. Hall of Fame

As pointless as this thread is, it at least makes more sense than the Schaub thread. Mario does play on same side of the football as the half that no-showed yesterday. And he really did seem kind of a non factor yesterday, holding or no.

Criticizing Schaub after yesterday makes no sense. None. It shows a frightening lack of football savvy IMO.

BigBull17 likes this.
  15. silvrhand

Both are dependent on each other, if a QB has more than 4 or 5 seconds against a zone defense and especially man to man they are going to find an open receiver.

It's been proven multiple times, and multiple teams.

16. Vinny

Yeah, I merged a few other of his threads but if something has merit I don't mind noobs starting lots of threads...but don't fill the place with crap threads and push the decent conversations off the page. This ain't the .com mb....not that there is anything wrong with that.

17. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Eh Cushing was rarely the first guy to the ball, but he was around the ball all day.

I think Cushing is only going to get better. I think Mario is fine, he just needs some help from the rest of his unit. Other than those two, Ryans is the only guy I'm not worried about.

As far as everyone else goes, there is plenty to complain about. Take your pick...

18. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I didn't even see all the game yesterday and was thinking the same thing to myself this morning. Typically a player like this makes everyone else better but noone is stepping up.

19. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

Seriously? Really?

20. Blake

Blake MMQB

I dont understand this thread. I watched Mario on many plays get some pressure and even force a hurried throw or 2, but DG was able to step up and get rid of the ball. Not to mention the obvious extra attention paid to Mario all game.

Also when you have good DT play, and another good DE it helps. I dont want to hear Freeney being compared to Mario like this again. Its not even close to the same circumstances.