mario vs. reggie

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by buckaroo_banzai, Nov 5, 2006.

1. buckaroo_banzai

buckaroo_banzai Rookie

hey guys, who do you think is having a better season so far...mario or reggie?
    i already know what ESPN thinks, but what do YOU think?

for my:twocents: i feel like mario is getting better each week while bush is struggling.:yikes:

2. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Not even close.

Mario >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bush

3. buckaroo_banzai

buckaroo_banzai Rookie

mario must be doing something right. the bush supporters seem quiet lately

4. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Mario, hands down. Running backs are in a better position to come in and start with a team as a rookie. Bush has been a bad running back and a so-so dump off option. He's getting a lot of catches but not much yardage...

BUT...

Now he's going to use the "I hab a sower ankew" excuse. Watch ESPN talk about how he's injured and that's why he's not walking on water.

Anyway, Mario has set the Texans rookie sack record already, he leads the team in sacks, and he's getting better each week. He's going to be scary good.

5. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I remember right after preseason before the season started ESPN was doing a special on the rookies & the last question was Mario vs Reggie.

Trey Wingo asked if Bush will have more TDs than Mario has sacks.

Golic & Schlereth said it would be Mario= 8 sacks & Reggie= 5 TD.

Salisbury & Jaworski said it would be Reggie= 12 TD & Mario= 6 sacks.

It is nice to see who was wrong.

How is this "Reggie is God" thing workin out for ESPN now?

6. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Well, when they took Mario over Reggie in the draft, I was mad that they took an unproven "work-out warrior" who wasn't really the best DL at North Carolina, over the "2nd coming of Gale Sayers", who was a lock to be the greatest HOF player in history.

Looks like Kubiak knew what he was doing.

bah007 likes this.
  7. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Mario, easy. I like the fight I saw in him today. With him and Demeco Ryans, I see a dominant defense in the making. Do you think the talking heads will ever admit they were wrong? Not until we start winning, my guess. Heres hoping we go 6-2 over the last half of the season!

8. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I think ESPN has given up on Bush. He has been so bad (as I predicted) in his rookie season that they have nothing to manufacture more hype. Not only was this guy not worth the #1 pick, I don't think he was worth a 1st round pick. The other 3 running backs taken in the 1st round are having better seasons.

9. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

As of right now it's not even close, Mario is outperforming Bush. Just don't forget they're both half way through their rookie campaigns. I think they're both going to make good pro's.

10. Marcus

I'm wondering if a "few" posters are going to admit they were wrong. I remember what it was like around here back on draft day.

11. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Did Bush have - yards today running?

How does Mario compare to Vince and D Brick though?

12. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Your right.

I wasnt a member of this board at draft time but I did want Mario.

Actually, I think I just wanted anybody but Bush. I would've been happy with Ferguson, Young, or Hawk.

13. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I have really been impressed with Mario, he put a lot of pressure on eli today that goes unaccounted for.

I loved this years draft. I keep flip flopping about next year. LaRon Landry, no Leon Hall, no Offensive Line stud, no Adrian Peterson. How bout all of them!

At this point I trust Kubiak and Co. they sure as heck know more about everything than we do. I think I'll be happy with whatever they decide to do. I'm just really excited to finish the season strong, see what happens in the offseason and next years draft.

14. los is 7

los is 7 Rookie

All you Carr haters, must be Bush lovers. Look at Mario He will be an animal in a couple of years. The Bush lovers sure are quiet, it would be nice if they would come on board and admit that maybe the coaching staff and talent evaluators know a little more than they do.
    :mario: So to them I say go Bush yourselves!

15. Marcus

:pigfly:

16. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Not true, I'm a Carr "hater" (ok, not really a hater just don't think he will get it done for us) and a Bush hater, so that theory is out the door.

17. FanFromCali

FanFromCali Rookie

I think the argument is about done by now. Willams was the better choice, and thank God we didn't take Young. I know all you guys love the guy because he is from Houston but he just does not have what it takes to be a QB in the NFL. It makes me happy the Titans screwed up and took him instead of Leinhart

Now, I have to admit I wanted the team to trade down and take Ferguson but I am VERY happy with Williams.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I don't know how D'Brick is doing.... it's hard to judge an OLman if you aren't watching the game. Same as judging a DLman, but there are even less stats for an OL man.

Then Vince.... just because he was starting way before any one thought he would be, IMHO, means he is doing a lot better his first year than "everyone" thought he would. Don't expect Vince to complete more than 50% of his passes, don't expect Vince to throw for 26 touchdowns, or to rush for 500 yards this season. All he has to do, is get used to the speed of the game, learn the play book, and start recognizing the defensive looks he'll see. It's hard to determine how well he is doing in those situations, But if the Titans are competitive next year, you know he did what he was supposed to do.

If the Titans are competitive this year.... Vince is doing better than any of us thought.

Mario is doing fine....... but I'd like to see him step it up a bit more in the 4th, when the game is on the line.

I like his energy through out the game, I'm satisfied with Mario, very pleased indeed...... But he & Demeco need to step it up in the 4th, and take over the game.

19. tbell ncsu

tbell ncsu Rookie

north carolina STATE!!!!!

yes, it absolutely matters.

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I take it you don't care for TarHeels??:shoot: