Mario v Reggie

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Texan Ned, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Texan Ned

Texan Ned Rookie

Lets follow these two all season and see who is most productive and more worthy of being THE #1 pick. I mean seriously, are the Saints THAT much better than the Texans?

Game 1

Mario 2 Tackles 1 Assist 0 Sacks

Reggie 61 Rush Yds 58 Rec Yds 0 TD's

Season to Date

Mario 2/1/0
    Reggie 61/58/0

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

You are forgetting that right now Saints are 1-0 and Texans are 0-1.

3. 19-10

19-10 Veteran

While we're at it let's compare oh I don't know ... oranges and apples or night versus day. Don't mean to be a smart a&* but this horse is dead ...
    at least on this board it should be

4. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I shouldn't have even read this thread but honestly, how can you compare a DE and a RB? Two different positions on two different sides of the ball on two different teams. Just because the guys were drafted #1 and #2 overall doesn't mean they can justly be compared to one another.

5. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

6. caspian

caspian Rookie

I agree. Let's follow them despite all the ridiculous homerism on this board. The staff should be accountable for the decision they made, good or bad.

I swear; some people think being a fan is putting "earmuffs" on and saying, "la la la la la la...I'm NOT listening"; no matter what evidence is shown.

The question is, how good is this apple relative to other apples compared to this orange relative to other oranges?

7. 19-10

19-10 Veteran

Wow - could that make any less sense? What other apples were #1 DE's? and #2 RB's? Relatively speaking that is :rolleyes:

8. real

real Guest

I think this is beating a dead horse, but for arguments sake...The two can be compared...Who was the better player last year...Favre or Freeney ? Tomlinson or Travis Johnson ? It's not rocket science...If they both do relatively well then why would it matter ? One will have to do extremely better than the other one for someone to say i told you so...

9. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Why did'nt we draft Laurence Moroney ... he had 145 total yds on less touches than Reggie Bush . We are dumb #$# because we did'nt draft LM .

How can we be so stupid he carried , the University of Minnesota and did'nt have Matt L , Lendale , Byrd , Justice , or the two gaurds that were drafted to lighten the load . Nope we're stupid because Moroney's the real deal . To hell with Mario and to hell with Reggie ... LM for ROY .:hunter:

10. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

Let's say Reggie turns out to be a HoF'er and Mario busts. Oops, didn't see that coming, in hindsight Kubiak should've gone for Reggie. Now what? Will you be content if we all kick and scream and lament over how stupid our front office is, and how reggie was so great, and how you knew it all along? There's no crystal ball folks, if we look back 5 years from now and see we made a mistake then we made a mistake, no sense b*tching about it. I advise you to judge Kubiak based on how our team performs with him at the helm, not how lucky he gets in the crapshoot they call the draft. One player, one draft pick does not a team make.

As for keeping track of their stats to seeing who's playing better, sure. That's interesting, but not very indicative of who will be better for their team in the long run.

run-david-run likes this.
  11. 19-10

19-10 Veteran

I like LM too but "to hell with Mario"???? Dude that is out of line if you are a Texans fan. What could possibly prompt that???

12. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

who was better? Marshall Faulk or Johnny Unitas?

13. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

let's see. two positions that recieve different levels of hype. there's the flashy rb position played by reggie bush, and then there is the more grunt work position, dl, being played by m williams. the numbers of a rb are bigger in comparison to the of a dl position. plus...i have a question. what's the average tackles a dlineman makes in a season? i'll take williams over bush all the time because it will better for the team in the long run.

14. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I'll take Unitas cause he played against Frank Gifford ... who's been with Kathy Lee .:redtowel:

15. TreWardTxn

TreWardTxn Veteran

Although its way too early to make any judgements whether any of these rookies will pan out to be quality picks, I disagree that wasting first round, top 10 picks will not make ur franchise; bad personnel decisions always haunt a team. Look at Capers' crew, there first decision was to bring in Boselli, and the franchise is still dealing with that mistake. I can't think of many teams with first picks that don't pan out, but still wins (Broncos maybe w/ the WRs). Bottom line, if Mario or any top 15 pick is a bust, the stink will not go away for a good while...

16. real

real Guest

I know I'm gonna get the whole "When did Football=Basketball" argument but...Darko Milicic(sp)

17. Texan Ned

Texan Ned Rookie

Jesus. Since it was such a huge issue and so many people had such strong opinions, I just thought it would be fun to follow the production of each throughout the season. Who cares about apples and oranges, just have a little fun and go with it. Afterall, since the Texans spent the #1 pick on a DE, wouldn't you expect him to be an LT (Lawrence Taylor) type of impact player...without the coke of course???

18. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

I bet if we had played the Browns instead of Philly, no one would be having this conversation....

19. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I detect a hint of sarcasm...

The Texans FO tried to trade up to get Maroney or DeAngelo Williams, but the Bears offered more. We wouldn't have ended up with Meco, so I'm not complaining.

20. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder