Mario Should Have His Biggest Game

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by the wonger need food, Nov 17, 2006.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

If you thought our Offensive Line was in bad shape, stop over at Buffalo's message board (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/) and read about their problems. You will have to filter through the thousands of JP Losman threads, but they're in there.

Mario should get at least 3 sacks this Sunday.

The 2006 Bills are basically the 2005 Texans with a better defense. A loss in this game would be very disappointing.

2. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

It looks like the Bills have two rookies at the right tackle position and a second-year starter at left tackle. Mike Gandy is in the mix somehow as well, but he's listed as a backup. Anyway, if Mario spends significant time against a rookie, I think he will have his best game yet.

3. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

All he needs is two healthy feet...oh wait. Hope he is feeling well this weekend.

Runner likes this.
  4. wolfscar

wolfscar Veteran

It's going to be an interesting one, and I think the quarterbacks are going to be the key to it. Carr is better than Losman, and all round our offense is far better than theirs (in terms of personnel). But their Defense is outstanding on paper.

If Mario and co can rattle Losman (which shouldn't be too hard given their current O-Line issues) and we can keep things simple for DC then we should be able to grind one out. If we can take their defense out of the game by not allowing turnovers then they don't have the weapons to beat our D.

I think this is one we should win

5. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I hope they drug Mario up real good so he can have 60 minutes of havoc against Losman (60 minutes minus our posession ofcourse :)

6. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

So I assume the strategy against Buffalo is wha the strategy has been against us for the past couple years.... blitz all day, every play.

With two young OL and a scatty QB, I assume we just try to contain the line and get as many guys in the backfield to force bad decisions.

7. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

IMO, Losman is the least of our worries. Against the Pack he threw 15 times, completing 8. Against Indy he threw 12 times, completing 8. A combined 185 yards in two games is not something to be game planning for. 231 yards on the ground in the past couple of games is something to game plan for. On top of stopping the run, winning the turnover battle should be top priority. Buffalo has scored 2-3 times the past couple of weeks on fumble returns and Ints. Stop A-Train, win the turnover battle, there's no reason why we would lose.:twocents:

8. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

No, no. Don't subtract our possession time. While our offense has the ball, Mario will be standing on the sideline glaring at him and rattling his cage.:wild:

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Carr needs to have games like the last two, where he was precise with the ball. This will be a tough game offensively. At this point we need to look to our defense to play hard for us again.

10. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

OK, I'll just hope for ST and D TD's :)

11. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I dunno.

In just watching the last game, you could see how messed up his foot was.

One play in particular, he was trying to chase a guy down field and it was painful to watch him run. Totally hobbling.

12. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

you do realise losman throws it 7 times a game lol??

anyway im not expecting a big game from mario- his feet are bothering him and he was against some crappy backup for the jags and didnt do much- some pressure but no multiple sack game imo

Runner likes this.
  13. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

Yeah, it was kinda sad. But he was still able to lay the wood to li'l Reggie.

He's still a big strong kid.

14. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

We need more players than just Carr and Super Mario to play well. A big part of the win will include a lot of newcomers playing up. But this game's winnable, and the Texans tend to play to the team's standings, so they should bring it this Sunday. I hope for a win and no injuries.

15. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Hopefully a big week here and then we play Oakland in a couple weeks who's pass protection has been horrible this year :)

16. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Im thinking the Bills will be like the Titans game earlier this year.

The Texans will focus on stopping A-Train and the plan will force JP to beat us. Didn't work in the Texans game because their Defense and Special teams scored points. But if we dont allow turnovers, dont commit stupid penalties, and our special teams plays solid football then I dont see any reason why JP will be able to beat us by himself.

Consider this game, if all goes well, to be how the Titans game would've gone had it not been for "the incident(s)"

HOU-TEX likes this.
  17. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I dont look for Mario to have big games with the injury

18. moses77550

moses77550 Rookie

I think he will have 2.5 sacks(.5 with meco) and a couple swatted balls at the line.....and of course a few tackles.

19. hackitorcrackit

hackitorcrackit Rookie

Yeah and I think that David Carr should be fired. After all this is a right to work state.

20. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame