Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mario News?

I haven't heard anything, but it should be healed by now. I think the treatment was to keep off his feet for a few weeks.

No news is probably good news as far as Mario is concerned. If I recall correctly, surgery was a last resort if rest wasn't working for him, so sounds like he is doing find.

dont worry, well hear about his foot again next season. or some other lame @@@ excuse.

You try playing on plantar fasciitis against world-class athletes. Hell, try playing with it against guys at your local gym. Come back once you have then make that same comment.

^^Yep, I agree. Most players take time off but Mario wanted to prove something. I give him all the love because the guy has some heart. I wish all the Texans had his spirit. We are in good hands ladies and gentlemen.

This thread title scared the #@$@ out of me. thank God it's nothing! havn't heard anything about mario..which is probably good.

as far as plantar fascitis goes....the more you rest and take time off...the better. sounds like a good remedy for the offseason.

Just need a little help. I dont the game/team the Texans where playing but does anybody know were to find the video clip where MW knocks one the opposing teams blockers into their running back for a tackle? Can't find it and its driving me crazy. Damn this ADD!

*Note: The Texans will likely exercise a $12 million option bonus on Mario Williams' contract. Per ESPN.com, this will lower his future years' salaries as follows: $975,000 (2007), $1.575 million (2008), $2.3 million (2009) and $3.025 million (2010) and add the 2011 season at a base salary of $3.725 million. Also from the report: "Williams can void the final two years of the deal based on playing time levels and if he and the team reach certain predetermined performance levels, but the Texans then have a right to buy back the voided 2010 and 2011 seasons at a cost of $8.5 million. There are plenty of incentives, like $125,000 in most years for leading the league in sacks, bonuses for honors and playoff victories, and escalators that can raise the base salaries in 2010 and 2011 by $6 million and $9.5 million, respectively."

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html

since this was a mario thread I thought I'd pop it in here. Just thought it was kinda interesting and only understood about half..lol

what's that at the end about escalators that will rase the base by 15.5 million!!! his incentives don't look like they'd kill us to bad though.

What are escalators though and how would this apply....If we get really good...can mario eat up a lot of our cap in the future?

Escalators are basically performance based clauses in a contract. If he and/or the team achieve certain goals he gets performance based raises.

As far as that news goes, looks like we are conceding the cap this year in order to open it up for huge cap space in years to come. Andre restructuring, this news with Mario, etc etc.

I like what I am seeing with the cap here.

dont worry, well hear about his foot again next season. or some other lame @@@ excuse.

Why hate on the dude? He is a gamer, and played through a condition that would sideline the majority of us.

Without Mario's forced fumble, we probably would not have beaten the Colts. He was playing with the pain for a couple of months by that point, so there was no excuses involved. I just don't get the hate, but to each his own, I suppose.

Why hate on the dude? He is a gamer, and played through a condition that would sideline the majority of us.

Without Mario's forced fumble, we probably would not have beaten the Colts. He was playing with the pain for a couple of months by that point, so there was no excuses involved. I just don't get the hate, but to each his own, I suppose.
Ditto that. Bump.

Escalators are basically performance based clauses in a contract. If he and/or the team achieve certain goals he gets performance based raises.

As far as that news goes, looks like we are conceding the cap this year in order to open it up for huge cap space in years to come. Andre restructuring, this news with Mario, etc etc.

I agree...With most of the top FAs off the board and our team not really in a position to overpay anyway, its a lot nicer to setup a healthy cap now and try to find a few more pieces in the draft.

There is an inherent hatred for Mario in some people simply because his name is not Reggie or Vince.

For some people, this hatred will go away when/if he starts playing like a #1 pick. For others it will never go away. It is quite easy to discern between a well founded, logical analysis and an emotional, unreasonable one; just ignore the latter.

Mario did a fine job this year, there are no excuses needed, his condition was real. And any lesser men would have given up on the team and sat out. Mario is a man that is hellbent on shutting morons like yourself up. You can crap on the stats all you want, but even in his condition he was still a guy that made some really game-changing plays this year. And once he's healthy....IT'S ON!!!!

:mario:

Without Mario's tipped pass, we probably would not have beaten the Dolphins.

Yeah if he's all pro or we're in the super bowl or he leads the league in sacks I promise you ain't goin to mind the pay outs.

Courtesy of TexansBullPen.com, hopefully more of this...

DSC_0808.JPG

DSC_0810.JPG

Mario is a big young man.

Nice pictures. 61 looks like he's only still trying because he got beat. The other two are just staring at Frye unsure of whether or not he will survive but aware that there is nothing left they can do.

Nice pictures. 61 looks like he's only still trying because he got beat. The other two are just staring at Frye unsure of whether or not he will survive but aware that there is nothing left they can do.

Imagine how dominate he would be if he had someone next to him to limit the double teams and RB chips. Hello Okoye!

Going into the off-season, Kubiak said that our most pressing need is another pass rusher. I won't be surprised if it's a first or second round pick.

Back