Mario Is A Bust!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Barkley, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barkley

Barkley Guest

OK....I drank the kool aid when we drafted Mario thinking he might be a stud. The first mistake of the new coaching staff. HE HAS NOT DONE ONE THING TO IMPRESS, and our defense gave up over 400 yards. Nice F%$#ing game Texans. We look like last seasonm. TEERRIBLE!

0-6 here we come

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

So do you judge every player on his first game?

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I think mario had more tackles and the same amount of sacks as Peppers..

however. did Carolina move Peppers around like we did with Mario?

I recall mario was at DT on some 3rd down situations.
    just curious

4. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

WOW mario is a Bust??? Dang, he has played one game and we should already give him the boot. he was double teamed 90% of the game but he is a bust. O.K. let me guess, no one in the history of the NFL has had 60 yards rushing and 40 yards recieving. Bush for the Hll of Fame!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. southtexan

southtexan Veteran

I can understand your anger, heck I'm angry too but you can't call anybody a bust after one game.

6. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

If they play like the way they did today, that is true. I don't think they will though. I've confidence in the coaching and the players that they'll make adjustments as necessary to play better and better.

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Adrian Peterson came out last season?

8. southtexan

southtexan Veteran

I have to agree with on the defense, our defense didn't look good at all. No running game either.

9. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Westbrook had more yards from scrimmage: 71 yards rushing, 61 yards receiving (excluding return yards) and a TD today.

10. Texan

Texan Rookie

Ridiculous comment. Way too early to tell. You're railing on the defense which did not play that well, but you should be just as concerned about the offense. No running attack and they did zip in the 2nd half.

It's going to be another tough year. We have a tough schedule and are still a below average team.

11. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

I agree...nothing like good ole game film to study and learn from week to week.

12. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

Sorry, but I need to correct you there. He was NOT double teamed 90% of the time at all. I sit up in the end zone at the 500's and focused on him allot. Didn't see that at all. Did catch him however standing around during the play doing absolutely nothing. Like he was lost or something. He did not rush, looked like he was suppose to drop back in coverage, but didn't. I am not a coach and do not know his assignment, but I am pretty sure a DE is not suppose to be there standing around...

No I do not consider him a bust at all. He needs to be taught technique right now and quickly. He has not gotten past the learning curve. Only time will tell on this, not 1 game and 3 pre-season games...

13. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Understand something here. 1 player is not a result of a defense giving up 400 yards in a game.

The responsibility mostly falls on our DB's who gave up 311 yards passing. The defensive line did a decent job with stuffing the run in the beginning of the game...but as usually happens with us, the offense began to figure out how to pick apart our defense as the game wore on.

Our DB's did an absolutely horrendous job of tackling...it made me wonder if they thought they were playing flag football with how many times they'd reach around a guy's waist and slide off. Even Dante Robinson was being manhandled all day.

The fact is that we've got new systems for both our offense and our defense. It takes time for players to adjust to an entirely new system. Just be patient and everything will turn out ok.

14. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

NEWS FLASH!!! NEWS FLASH!!! Peppers had 3 total tackles today and Carolina Fans are screaming for a trade because they feel he is a BUST!!! Only 3 tackles and no sacks. Peppers is washed up! LOL You Bush Homers are so sad!

15. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

HAHAHHAHHAAHHAAHHAAHAHHAAHHAA

16. BattleRedRaider

BattleRedRaider All Pro

Barkley: HAHAHA! THIS PLAY ON WORDS WILL SURELY ENTERTAIN THE TEXANS FANS!

17. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

Not only that, but Mario was taken out of the game on several pass rushing 3rd down situations.

18. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Adrian Peterson will be the next once in a lifetime back, then Jamal Charles and Steve Slaton, then someone else, then someone else, then someone else, then someone else,....

infantrycak likes this.
  19. tbell ncsu

tbell ncsu Rookie

someone want to explain to me why a titans fan is on this board talking crap about mario? anyone see them get their butts handed to them by chad pennington and the jets? what about vince young promptly throwing a pick as soon as he enters the game? oh, then kerry collins... hahahaha!

bigtex77 and Texans_Chick like this.
  20. CMoak1982

CMoak1982 Rookie

Our safety's were the reason we gave up that much yardage, the corners did decent jobs, sanders needs to hold on to the ball, and Williams was doubled alot, he needs to stay at end not DT. with that oline philly has you need mario in space not doubled by 350 pound guys. O-line of ours looked like the same old same old, Carr was responsible for maybe 1 sack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.