Mario finishes season as Division Sack leader, runnerup in Conference, & 3rd in NFL

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by nunusguy, Dec 31, 2007.

1. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

2. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I think Mario took a step in the right direction this year. I also think there is some untapped potential still there. Good job Mario!

3. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Naaa . . I think he's a bust. Cut him loose.

:D

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Mario is really doing a good job of getting pressure to the QB as well as following the play making tackles downfield. The thing I expect Mario to get better in (and he really needs to) is recognition of when the QB is going to throw the ball and get his hands up to deflect passes. This is something our whole DL needs to get better at. They're all still real young so I think as they get used to the game they will starting playing more 'naturally'.

5. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I am not sure how football coaches work officials after the season, but Kubiak should put together a "highligt" reel of Mario being held and sent to the officials for clarification on what constitutes a hold. Hopefully year three we start seeing Mario "getting" some calls to accompany his incremental growth in technique and skill.

6. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I know d-linemen get held all the time without getting a call, but I really started to notice it yesterday. There were a couple of plays where Mario was locked up by one guy throughout the entire play.

Because we don't have another threat, teams are just focusing on taking out Mario. I saw one play yesterday, where the o-line created a sideways three-man wall when faced with just Mario. He's scaring some people - I like it.

7. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I saw Mario pleading his case several times yesterday about being held .

I thought I saw the LG jump the snap and take two steps back to cut Mario off .

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I like that too, yet when that happens I am wondering were the other DL are :bat: or is that when Cochran got the sack?

9. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Mario was either pumped up or someone stole his favorite pair of rollerskates, because his body language was demonstrative towards his fellow defensive lineman and the officials during the game.

10. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

We did'nt get any push up the middle . Gray had some nice lanes to throw through .

11. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

he had a good year but year 3 is gonna be pretty tough... he'll be a constant target now

12. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

This is when Okoye and Maddox will have to step up. I think if you give Okoye a pass because he was a rookie, he will improve his play a bit in year 2.

13. RagingBull

RagingBull Hall of Shame

Okoye finished 2nd among rookies with 5.5 sacks (Gaines Adams had 6 and is a DE) and 9th among all NFL DT/NT's. He had one half less than Fat Albert Haynesworhthless. I think he is going to be one of the premier DT's in the NFL in a few years if he can get better on the run and continue to progress as a pass rusher.

sakebomb likes this.
  14. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

Props to Mario. I supported his draft and am glad to see that he is showing the world that we made the right choice. He is definately a keeper in my books.