Marcus Stroud

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Imatexanfan, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

The Buffalo Bills just released Marcus Stroud cuz he didn't fit their defense scheme, I believe he would be a perfect fit for our new 3-4 defense in Htown...get it done McNair!!:fans:

2. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

From what I've read about the situation, Stroud really struggled trying to convert to the 3-4 last year. That is why he was released.

3. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

Damn that sux, so the Bills ARE running the 3-4 defense...stupid Kentucky Sports don't know nothing about football only basketball...

4. Blake

Blake MMQB

I was under the impression that they are switching from the 3-4 to the 4-3. And Stroud was their LDE.

But they also just drafted Alex Carrington who is a cheaper player. Could it be a cost saving move, but played it off as a scheme thing? I mean hell, Stroud was a damn good DT with Jax a few years back.

Edit: Also I would consider a better title for your next thread. Holy Shit is a little obscure.

5. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Yep.

Link

But if he was asked to be a 2 gap DT, that may be why he struggled. Maybe he would work in Wade's 1 gap scheme. But his salary would need to be affordable

6. playa465

playa465 Site Contributor

Stroud's best years were when he paired with Henderson as a DT with the Jags...I still dont know why they split them up...either way I don't see him as a DE in a 3-4 and I doubt he would want to play NT in the same alignment.

7. Blake

Blake MMQB

Did you really neg rep me because I suggested a title change? You are a piece of work dude. Try using your big boy words next time.

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!