Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Marcus Coleman back in court

I do believe that's your boss' way of trying to keep you off the Internet ...
guess it's not working. :hehe:

ABC13 Eyewitness News
(8/24/04 - HOUSTON) — Houston Texans defensive back Marcus Coleman is back in court, charged with driving with a suspended license.
Coleman was convicted of drunk driving just last month and requested a jail sentence of three days over probation.
Coleman was also ordered to pay a $2,000 fine and lost his driver's license for a year. He was busted this week for reportedly driving.
(Copyright © 2004, KTRK-TV)

Sassy...I agree with you there!

Driving with a suspended license is an immediate arrest. He must have been driving outside his designated perimeter, or oustide his time limt. This is punishable the same as a DWI-class B Misdeamenor.

Gosh Marcus. Get it together. Take a taxi or hire somebody to drive you around. I hate to hear this.

ofcourse he'll get another slap on the wrist....but for those of you interested in the extreme possibility vs. the mild consequences he WILL face...

misdemeanor B...punishible by up to 180 days in jail and a fine not to exceed $2,000.

and remember its only a B if its his first d.w.l.s.

this is one of those charges much like a dwi that can enhance and become a misdemeanor A. (up to a year jail time and a fine not to exceed $4,000.)

He needs to keep his drunk butt off of the streets. I thought the Texans ran a class organizaton and would not put up with this kind of behavior. idonno:

DFAN said:
He needs to keep his drunk butt off of the streets. I thought the Texans ran a class organizaton and would not put up with this kind of behavior. idonno:

You know you are right about Coleman, but as for the rest of your comments. That is not the type of arguement a Crackwagon fan should want to get into. :boxing:

V Man said:
You know you are right about Coleman, but as for the rest of your comments. That is not the type of arguement a Crackwagon fan should want to get into. :boxing:

Why not? All I hear is comments about the Cowboys problems and how the Texans would never put up with that kink of behavior.

I hear all the time ya haven't been around long enough to win 5 SB's so ya don't want to hear about our 5 SB's. Ya haven't been around long enough to have the problems either.

We won 3 SB's in 4 year with some crackheads. There is not a team in the NFL that would have cut them players knowing they gave them a chance to win a ring.

Plain and simple. If you are a playmaker you are virtually untouchable.

DFAN said:
Why not? All I hear is comments about the Cowboys problems and how the Texans would never put up with that kink of behavior.

I hear all the time ya haven't been around long enough to win 5 SB's so ya don't want to hear about our 5 SB's. Ya haven't been around long enough to have the problems either.

We won 3 SB's in 4 year with some crackheads. There is not a team in the NFL that would have cut them players knowing they gave them a chance to win a ring.

Plain and simple. If you are a playmaker you are virtually untouchable.

The scarey thing is that I agree with you on many of your points. It is ashame that if you are a playmaker you get kept. If Quincey had any legit talent he would still be wearing the tarnished star.

The cowgirls have won 5 SB, and you can't take it away from them. But it is a shame for players like Troy A. and Jay N. to have their rings tarnished by having so many drugies and thugs on their team. The thing is that you can win without having players like that. San Antonio did it twice. I know that it is a different sport, but it can be done. NFL teams may have to just work a little harder at it.

As for the Texans, I going to wait and see how they handle it. I may be in the minority and take some shots for it. But I would like to see them let Coleman go, McCree did a good job last year. And if we want to be the great organization us fans think we should be is, lets cut him loose and play with the type of players we want this organization to have.

Sad to see and sad to say but drugs and alcohol abuse are a part of the American culture including sports.

The Cowboys certainly had players on their teams that were using drugs but have you looked at the NFL as a WHOLE in the last few years?

Players murdering, on trial for accessory to murder, beating women, drug trafficking (sp?), and various other felony offenses.

I don't see the Texans letting Coleman go.

WWJD said:
Sad to see and sad to say but drugs and alcohol abuse are a part of the American culture including sports.

The Cowboys certainly had players on their teams that were using drugs but have you looked at the NFL as a WHOLE in the last few years?

Players murdering, on trial for accessory to murder, beating women, drug trafficking (sp?), and various other felony offenses.

I don't see the Texans letting Coleman go.

When do we put our foot down and let him go? When he kills someone while driving drunk like Little from St Louis. (How do you cheer for that guy if your a Rams fan?)

I'm not disagreeing with you at all V-Man. I think something should be done.

But as an organization I don't think that the Texans will release him mainly because he's one of their defensive stars. It's maybe not right but that's the way that most teams conduct their business. Jamal Lewis is going on trial for some felony drug charges and all the team will say is that he will play every Sunday around his trial. So are they worried about anything other than the team? Nope. I'm just stating my opinion on them keeping him; I've read no comments from any higher ups in the organization or even from Marcus himself.

They could cut him tomorrow and then I can post that I was wrong. But I think the odds are he stays, he goes thru whatever he goes thru with the courts and deals with that. Most posts I've read feel that he will get some probation or some light slap on the wrist. I don't myself know the sentence he could receive if found guilty.

We turn a blind eye to many wrongs in this country. Athletes just happen to be in the spotlight.

Am I missing something? I know he got in trouble for the drunk driving and got his license revoked for a year as one of the disciplinary actions taken against him. But a couple of you are talking like he got busted for drunken driving again. So what you're telling me is that none of you have ever driven without a license or even a suspended one? I mean he's wrong for breaking the law but you're talking about letting him go over it. Come on.......

Is anyone turning a blind eye on this? Coleman is in the eye solely because he is an athlete in the public eye. Other than those who drive for a living, employers and other people have no idea about who are the vast majority of people that get a DUI--no public ridicule, scorn, condemnation, etc., no loss or threatened loss of their employment--they do their time or probation and move on.

I didn't say he got arrested for drunk driving.

However he just got out of jail didn't he for the 3 days or whatever it was and he is under the punishment/probation for that. It was just a few weeks ago.

It's not a murder he committed or anything nearly so serious but it would seem to indicate that Marcus maybe doesn't care much that the court suspended his license because he was caught driving.

I guess my point is he's a millionaire, he can at the very least afford a cab, afford to hire a driver,get a pal to take him around and pay them, he can do what the court ordered and not drive.

V-Man's point, unless I'm missing something, is that his behavior is detrimental to the team image the Texans have fostered from Day 1 and he should be cut for the arrests.

My point is the Texans won't cut him because he's am important cog to their D and they'll let whatever happen happen.

I think he needs to get it together, he needs to mind his punishment and follow it and I'm sorry he's having trouble.

With all of this going on and Mcree waiting for his shot again, you may see the Texans not make an effort to resign him unless the position switch is remarkable.

"He needs to keep his drunk butt off of the street.." - DFAN

Who is this guy? A Dallas fan knocking Coleman for this? Give me a break! He wasn't drunk this time, and paid his debt last time - even serving time in jail. I want Coleman to walk the line too - but lets not start making comparisons to Little for the Rams as if this is what Coleman has done. He was wrong - paid for it. This time it is a suspended license violation. Hardly warrants a comparison to someone who killed someone.
Now what is wrong with Coleman? Is he having personal trouble, or is this line of thing something he's done before? So far I am looking for him to be a great Safety and am glad for the move - but not if he is going to start down a road of causing such problems for himself, and be a distraction for the team.

infantrycak said:
Is anyone turning a blind eye on this? Coleman is in the eye solely because he is an athlete in the public eye. Other than those who drive for a living, employers and other people have no idea about who are the vast majority of people that get a DUI--no public ridicule, scorn, condemnation, etc., no loss or threatened loss of their employment--they do their time or probation and move on.

That's not true. I know my line of work will not allow dwi's. My job may not fire me for it but if I got one and was laid off or fire, most companies would not hire me.

Dilbert R. said:
"He needs to keep his drunk butt off of the street.." - DFAN

Who is this guy? A Dallas fan knocking Coleman for this? Give me a break! He wasn't drunk this time, and paid his debt last time - even serving time in jail. I want Coleman to walk the line too - but lets not start making comparisons to Little for the Rams as if this is what Coleman has done. He was wrong - paid for it. This time it is a suspended license violation. Hardly warrants a comparison to someone who killed someone.
Now what is wrong with Coleman? Is he having personal trouble, or is this line of thing something he's done before? So far I am looking for him to be a great Safety and am glad for the move - but not if he is going to start down a road of causing such problems for himself, and be a distraction for the team.

NO he wasn't drunk but his licence was suspended for the dui. So it's ok to drink and drive as long as you don't kill anyone like Little? Maybe it's just me but there should be no tolerance for drinking and driving. Period.

I much rather an athelete set in a hotel room with some hookers and smoke crack all night than one who gets smashed and decides to get on the road and take a chance of killing someons mom, dad, son, daughter, friend.....

This is really one of those messed up situations where no one wins.

Let me start off by saying I am 32 years old, do not drink, never been drunk, much less driven after drinking. I do not condone drinking and driving and would prefer no one ever do it.

Reality? Every day and night someone is on the road driving that has just been drinking. How many of you have gone to a restaurant, bar, etc. and had a couple of drinks and drove home? How many of you have friends that do this? With the current legal limit, it is easy to to be legally drunk with limited impairment.

I find it funny that when suddenly an athlete is involved in something that many adults do frequently, that it is now one of the worse things ever to happen.

Fortunately, Coleman did not hurt anyone in the mistake he made and I can only hope that he has learned his lesson. Only time will tell if he has learned his lesson with driving while intoxicated.

And although Coleman did break the law by driving with a suspended license and should be punished, he was not found drinking this time so hardly repeated his past mistakes. If he was not drinking, it is not like he suddenly lost his ability to drive with his license suspended. If sober, he would drive the same with or without the license which is either safely or not. I do not see how this offense can be linked with his DWI other than this happening while on probation for that other offense.

The list of Cowboys involved in incidents involving drinking and driving makes the list of oscar winners look like a small town school.

Drew Pearson drinking and driving killed his brother in an accident

Dwayne Goodrich drinking and going about 110 mph ran into an accident and killed 2 good samaritans who were helping accident victims

Erik Williams cost himself a season drinking and driving by smashing his car at a high rate of speed into a wall breaking his leg

So we should listen to DFAN sure he is being a hypocrite and smug about an issue he has no business throwing dirt over, I mean this is the FIRST incident involving a Texans players.

We have yet to do all that the Dallas Cowboys have done to gain such infamy, I mean when the majority of jokes made about your team include a drug reference. When you draft a player who is on probation for guns/drugs and you make him a starter while he is on 10 years probation for violations of laws and you pick him you got to think the whole tree is rotten from tip of tree to roots.

Nothing more needs to be said!!!!

BigDTexansFan said:
The list of Cowboys involved in incidents involving drinking and driving makes the list of oscar winners look like a small town school.

Drew Pearson drinking and driving killed his brother in an accident

Dwayne Goodrich drinking and going about 110 mph ran into an accident and killed 2 good samaritans who were helping accident victims

Erik Williams cost himself a season drinking and driving by smashing his car at a high rate of speed into a wall breaking his leg

So we should listen to DFAN sure he is being a hypocrite and smug about an issue he has no business throwing dirt over, I mean this is the FIRST incident involving a Texans players.

We have yet to do all that the Dallas Cowboys have done to gain such infamy, I mean when the majority of jokes made about your team include a drug reference. When you draft a player who is on probation for guns/drugs and you make him a starter while he is on 10 years probation for violations of laws and you pick him you got to think the whole tree is rotten from tip of tree to roots.

Nothing more needs to be said!!!!

Goodrich was not drinking just being a *****.

The Texans have not done the things the Cowboys have done off the field or on. But don't be double standard. Ya haven't been in league long enough to accomplish what the Cowboys have done on the field but it doesnt' count on off the field inncidents?

All I here is how much of a class organization ya have and how we run a prison. That's fine. Ya should be calling to cut Coleman. He got a dui and thank God didn't kill anyone and now he's driving with a suspend license that he got form the dui. People like that doesn't belong a class organization.

Teams don't cut star players or players who are important to there team.

Trust me if the Texans was to win the SB within the next few years and a few of the key players started getting in trouble off the field they would not be cut. Especially if they had the team to repeat. Nor would any of the fans be calling for there head. Maybe a few but very few.

3 SB's in 4 years is still 3 SB's. Crackheads or not. That's not me tring to take a shot at anyone about the SB's. It's just the truth.

Doug said:
Am I missing something? I know he got in trouble for the drunk driving and got his license revoked for a year as one of the disciplinary actions taken against him. But a couple of you are talking like he got busted for drunken driving again. So what you're telling me is that none of you have ever driven without a license or even a suspended one? I mean he's wrong for breaking the law but you're talking about letting him go over it. Come on.......

I know that the third time wasn't for drinking, but he already has two run ins for drinking, how many chances does he get, as many as needed til he hurts someone.

As you stated, many people drink and drive. But that doesn't make it o.k.. What is upsetting to me about Marcus, is that he has the financial means to hire someone to drive for him if he knows he is going out drinking. And many employers can get rid of you if you get a DWI.

I'll say it....CUT HIM. If it happens once, it can happen again. We don't need that type of stuff.

But don't even compare the off field problems of Dallas to the Texans, shoot, your QB just got booted this year for drugs. Compare Dallas' off the field problems with the other 31 teams and tell me what you find. Where do you think Dallas ranks? I would say pretty high....no pun intended.

I'd like to know why he was driving with his license suspended. Was he just blowing off that particular part of his DWI or was there any kind of legitimate reason why he was driving. Once I know the answer to that I know all I need to know about whether Marcus needs to be here.

Generally the suspended license part of a DWI gets covered with a permit allowing you to drive to work and during daylight hours (or during a restricted number of hours during the day) for things like groceries, doctors appointments, stuff you have to do. I understand that and I'm for that. If Marcus was a doing something that's explainable and went a bit past his time then no problem. If he was doing as he pleased, when he pleased then he learned nothing from his DWI experience and I don't want him here (like what I want makes any difference here).

On the DWI thing I've got one thing to say. You've got two kinds of DWI's out there IMO. A number of them are people who made one mistake. They're not drunken monsters out looking for babies to run over and they learn from what happens to them after they get this DWI. Thankfully, hopefully nobody gets hurt in the process. People make mistakes. That's life. If they learn from it and never do it again then I have no problem them.

I know one person who is otherwise a very good person in every respect. He made one mistake one night and got a DWI. It doesn't make him a bad person all of a sudden and the lesson is learned. I feel safe saying you'll never catch him driving after too much to drink again. I'm glad he didn't hurt anybody of course but I'm not going to continue to hold his offense against him either because he's straightened up his act 100%. I'd apply that same thing to Coleman if he demonstrates that he's pulled his head out of his posterior.

The second group are people who don't learn. They're going to drink and they're going to drive and no matter how many times they get caught they'll do it again. It's their S.O.P. and someday I hope that we can find a way to keep them from getting behind the wheel. Until then they need to be kept behind bars because they're just as dangerous as any killer.

Did Marcus learn or didn't he? That's what I want to know.

DUI's are serious and since I am a Cowboys fan, I will take this in a different direction from one-upsmanship. Coleman was intoxicated, and fortunately for all, his car was the only thing damaged. On the other hand, Leonard Little was intoxicated and someone lost their life, a family member, a friend, an employee, etc. There by the grace of God goes I. So, what happened to Little could have just as well happened to Coleman.

If Coleman's licence was suspended, there is no excuse for him disobeying the law. Should he be cut from the team? IMO, based on the information I have at this point, no. However, his coach, agent, or someone in is sphere of influence needs to drive home a point that the behavior is unacceptable. :twocents:

SESupergenius said:
I'll say it....CUT HIM. If it happens once, it can happen again. We don't need that type of stuff.

But don't even compare the off field problems of Dallas to the Texans, shoot, your QB just got booted this year for drugs. Compare Dallas' off the field problems with the other 31 teams and tell me what you find. Where do you think Dallas ranks? I would say pretty high....no pun intended.

I'm not comparing the 2. Just trying to make the point that star players don't get cut. Perfect example is Q. Do you think Aikman would have been cut? People harp on the off the field problems they had or have but they won 3 rings with that team. NO GM,Owner or coach would have broke that team up.

As far as the off the field problems compared to the other 31 teams. That depends on when you are talking about. I would say pretty low now.

DFAN said:
As far as the off the field problems compared to the other 31 teams. That depends on when you are talking about. I would say pretty low now.

Quincey cut for substance abuse, and now I heard the Crayton kid has failed on also. 2 in 3 weeks. Yep pretty low right now. Or does that not count as off the field problems.

V Man said:
Quincey cut for substance abuse, and now I heard the Crayton kid has failed on also. 2 in 3 weeks. Yep pretty low right now. Or does that not count as off the field problems.

Quinthy was cut and I have not heard anything on the Crayton kid. If you have a article or something please post.

Patrick Crayton is still listed on the Cowboys roster as of today. They did cut 3 players a few days ago and he was not among those.

If he was cut I wasn't able to find out that information nor was there any mention of a failed drug test on the DMN website.

WWJD said:
Patrick Crayton is still listed on the Cowboys roster as of today. They did cut 3 players a few days ago and he was not among those.

If he was cut I wasn't able to find out that information nor was there any mention of a failed drug test on the DMN website.

I know he wasn't cut. He's pretty guranteed a roster spot. I just never heard anything about a failed drug test.

I don't think Coleman should be cut at this point. I don't think that driving with a suspended license quite rates high on the list of offences that will bring the downfall of or shame to the Texans organization. If he repeats with the DWI he should get the same deal the crackheads get- a 1 year suspension (assuming of course, he doesn't kill or hurt someone in the process). I agree that he should have gotten someone else to drive, though.

I don't condone drinking and driving but, its not like the substance impaired drivers are the only ones you have to watch out for these days with half the drivers talking on the phone, running the lights well into the red, and the excuse of "road rage" we are all lucky to survive any excursion away from home; there are drunk, stoned and sober id iots behind the wheel everywhere. Do I sound paranoid?

Dead is dead and it really doesn't matter if you are killed by a drunk, a guy looking in the floorboard for his Tupac CD or some chick who is putting on makeup while she is reaching out and touching someone.

Every year we see athletes/ entertainers abusing one substance or another, get arrested, go to rehab or get suspended, do community service telling all the little kiddies "Don't do --insert your favorite vice here---" and then repeat the process until they are dead, have a near death experience or kill / injure someone. How many strikes should we allow?

If you are continuing this Cowboys=bad/ Texans= good pissin contest purely for entertainment value have fun but, if anyone thinks their making a point- give it up already.

WE ARE NOT THE COWBOYS AND DON'T WANT TO BE THE COWBOYS, SO DO WE KEEP COMPARING OURSELVES TO THEM??? Finding one of their players that has commited a bigger F up than our player's F up doesn't justify our player's F up; does it?

Sorry, my ADD kicked in a while back and I jumped around a bit.

Back