Manning Has A Rough Night

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by texasguy346, Aug 28, 2004.

1. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

Eli Manning had a rough night against the Jets. He had a QB Rating of 0 I believe. Warner looked pretty good on the other hand. I stll think the kid will be a very good QB, but he got knocked around pretty hard tonight.

Jets 17 Giants 10

2. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

With the Giant's O-line, they are BOTH going to get knocked around this year. A real question will be, can Kurt stay healthy long enough for Eli to get the offense and game reasonably down. If not, the G-men are in for a long season. I think in the long run, Eli will be the real deal, IF he survives.

3. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

4. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

That was pretty much a given since they're facing the Eagles in Week 1. Part of the reason why Manning had such a bad night against the Jets was because of the blitzing, and different fronts they showed. The Eagles would eat a rookie QB alive despite his pedigree. Warning may very well be eaten alive too, but he's at least more familar with reading blitzes, etc. Who would've guessed that one year after getting demolished by the Giants that Warner would be starting for them the next year in Week 1.