makes me want LaRon even more...

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by AtheGreat, Mar 14, 2007.

1. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

2. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

He's a solid prospect. Of the players we have a legitimate chance at getting I would be bummed if we missed out an an 'Ed Reed-Like' FS.

Ed Reed- 5'11" 200lbs. ????40-time??
    Laron Landry 6'0.5" 212 lbs. 4.35 40-dash

“In the NFL right now there’s a new breed of safety with guys like [Troy] Polamalu and Ed Reed,” said the hard-hitting, 6-1, 205-pounder. They definitely do more than just cover the middle of the field deep. They’ve got to cover, blitz, just do it all.” -Michael Huff

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5048

The way I see it Landry can cover the middle of the field deep, cover, blitz, tackle...he can do it all.

3. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Send Him In!

4. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

He's going to make the top ten....but he's one of those guys who is the answer to why they give the wonderlick at all. No more Ronnie Lott compairison's please. I now understand why the numbers do not match the production.

5. Ole Miss Texan

what'd he score on his wonderlic? and lol what was your 'spot me two on 'c' 'a' 't' post in another thread about?

6. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

I know it's only highlights but everytime I see his I get a little more pumped up about this kid. We shall see come draft day. Never get to attached to a player until the ink is dry on the contract. That way I'm not overly upset day after the draft. Was a Bush supporter last year but was'nt crushed when we took Mario.

7. BleedTheBurntOrange

BleedTheBurntOrange Rookie

i wouldnt mind us taking him if he can have a bob sanders like impact on defense then take him we need that

8. Ole Miss Texan

Intresting fact: Landry's (4.35) was the only Safety that ran a sub-4.40 at the combine.

9. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

I thought Reggie Nelson ran in the 4.3's as well? Also, I'm wondering why Ken Hamlin is getting no play right now? I mean, if we signed him, Laron Landry is done as a Texan. If not, we have NO starting FS...at least not a real one.

interesting...trade down?

10. Ole Miss Texan

Nelson had two 'poor' runs at the combine..something like a 4.5 and a 4.48. He did real well at his pro day w/ a 4.35 so he shouldn't have to worry.

I'm surprised w/ hamlin too...he's been relatively quiet. if we signed him...then traded down and picked leon hall or darelle revis or so, our secondary would be amazing.

11. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

laron landry is a stud...a playmaker...a difference maker on the defense...if we pick him up you'll see more INT's for this team...a few more coverage sacks...and i think in the end a lot of happy texan fans

12. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I think you'll see more dropped passes also . Paired with Robinson we'll have the makings of a hard hitting secondary .

13. jppaul

jppaul Cut and Dry

Comparisons are Reggie Nelson - Ed Reed and Laron Landry - Michael Dawkins

14. Ole Miss Texan

How about the Laron Landry = Ronnie Lott comparison?

15. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

I wrote that about Landry after watching him play Auburn last year. He is a stud, and he is not like Roy Williams he can cover.

16. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

BRIAN Dawkins

but WOW, and to actually think that i wanted Reggie Nelson instead of LaRon, please Laron make your stock fall just a lil bit, hahaha

17. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

This is how I see the draft playing out IMO.

If Peterson or Quinn fall to 8, we are taking them. There is no chance of Peterson, so I still think it would be Quinn.

There will be WR talent in the 2nd (maybe even Jarret) if we go secondary first.

I would rather see Leon Hall over Landry. A corner is a lot harder to find than a safety, and the draft is loaded with safeties for 4 rounds.

Taking a S at number 8 in this draft with all the safety talent would be a huge mistake.

1. CB
    2. WR
    3. S
    4. DT
    5. DE
    6. RB (this shoots up to number 1 if Peterson is there)

Whatever the picks, a franchise back needs to be the first pick next year. McFadden would be great.

18. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

He is definitely worth a hard look if still there at #8. The boy can lay some wood and can cover also.

19. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I just have a gut feeling that we will look to trade down to pick up additional picks.

20. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

nelson is a better player, he'll go first.