Make a statement Smithiak: Cut Chris Brown NOW!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texan JBZ, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

Let's face it - the guy has basically cost the Texans two games this season. The team doesn't ask him to do much. And what little he's asked to do, he doesn't do well at all. He should be placed on waivers today! Give another guy a chance. Let's see what Arian Foster can do with those carries. Hell, he can't do any worse. It's time for this staff to send a statement that this sort of performance will no longer be tolerated. One guy, one stinking player, has basically been the difference in this team possibly being 4-1 instead of 2-3. That's unacceptable, and the Texans should show us fans that they feel the same way we do.

2. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I don't pin this on Chris Brown. I think he did just what he was asked to do, which was to run crappy goal-line plays.

The goal line ineptitude was on the offensive line because they can't get any push up the middle.

It's also on the coaching because there's plenty other real estate in the end zone than between the tackles. The Cards had the middle plugged up all day and we still wouldn't try something else with the game on the line. The playcalling just sucked yesterday.

3. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

I am ready to give Chris Henry a shot.

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Seriously?! Re-watch the play, you'll notice how bad our oline is pushed back. Hell, Leach was even met in the backfield. If you want to point blame on that play at least point in the right direction. Studdard, Myers, Brisiel = Suck

5. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

qft

OR blame the coaching staff who doesn't seem to understand we can't get 1 yard.

6. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

they knew excatly what was coming & loaded the box. The Texans (Chris Brown) simply marched into a massacre (3. Informal. a crushing defeat in sports.) like Custer's last stand :ant:

ATXtexanfan likes this.
  7. Texan JBZ

Chris Brown is 6'3" 235 lbs. His sole purpose on this team is to be a short yardage back. When your only job is to churn out the TOUGH yards, he's not always going to have much push or huge lanes because the defense is going to be crowding the line. Yesterday, our line didn't get much push in short yardage situations, but they did stalemate the Arizona push. If its a stalemate, then your powerback is supposed to be able to get 1 damn yard.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I'll give ya the fumble in the endzone being on Brown - But yesterday was on the OL - they got no push .... the Arizona defenders were on Brown before he got to the LOS. Hell Leach was hit in the backfield on the play.

9. TexansBlood

TexansBlood The CUSH!

Offensive line cost us yesterdays game, not Chris Brown.

10. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

He's not a short yardage back. Never has been, never will be. It was a poor coaching decision to put him in that role. This offense still needs several things before its a complete offense that can take over games.
    1.) A real short yardage back
    2.) A Center than can hold his ground.
    3.) A Guard or 2 that can push the pile

We are a finesse offense no matter how you look at it. That is not Chris Browns fault.

11. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

excatly

12. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

:rolleyes: at the thread

13. Mr. White

Must spread rep. Not to mention, that avatar is killing me.

14. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

The playcalling sucks EVERY damn week! PLUS, it takes an entire half to PREPARE our team for the last two quarters!!!! All that should be done before they get on the plane! Kubiak is one of the most inapt HC's in the NFL when it comes to preparing his team for a game. Getting real tiresome watching this every freaking week!

15. Blake

Blake MMQB

Chris Brown is a 6'3" 235 pound back. He is not a miracle worker. Any back in that situation would have been stuffed and I stand behind that statement. Our center, and guards can be thanked for that.

And its laughable that you think Arian Foster is the cure.

16. Texan JBZ

Good. Then we're in agreement that he should be cut. Guys, you can try and pin this on the line as much as you want, but a back of his size should be able to get 1 stinking yard in that situation. He sucks and is taking up a roster spot that can used on someone who actually contributes to the team.

17. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

235 lbs is not going to move a half a ton's worth of linemen.

And like I said, Leach was even met behind the LOS, so yes, the Cardinals did push the Texans backfield.

18. Texan JBZ

I didn't say that Foster was the cure. I said that he couldn't do any worse than what we've seen out of Brown. And not any back would have been stuffed in that situation. A back that is as fluffy soft as Brown would have been. You can't pin this solely on the line. How many chances has Chris Brown had to convert short yardage situations this season and how many times has he failed? Get rid of the guy! He can't get the job done!

19. Mr. White

How can you gain a yard when you have a cluster******* a half-yard ahead of you?

It's like traffic. I can't exit the highway when the off-ramp is full of cars.

Physically impossible.

Chris Brown had it coming after the Jacksonville game...not so much today.

20. ESAD2-14

ESAD2-14 TexanAmerican

1.) VONTA LEACH?? I am at a loss as to why they don't give this guy the ball in short yardage situations.