M.Williams Survival of the fittest

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...cB?slug=cr-williams061106&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

little more from the link

3. bayoudreamn

bayoudreamn Veteran

Five straight wins and nobody will remember who Reggie is. Ten wins and they'll give Mario VY's car.

4. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

I believe the first time he mauls a QB of the AFC South, he'll be well on his way to the much deserved cheers that he should've gotten on draft day.

5. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

And I look forward to watching it.

6. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

same here

7. gsbtxn

gsbtxn Veteran

Seems to me it is the media, both local and national, that need to let go of stuff.

8. U4ikrob

U4ikrob Guitar Junky

IMO as soon as Mario sacks VY and grabs Bush we will be much better as a team.

Honestly I think the whole mental part of this draft has been way overblown by a few rich fans touting their opinion around this town trying to push fans their way. Mattress Mack is deplorable as a fan and has made what should have been a welcome site in our town with Mario an off-key problem with his Titan/VY slanted advertisements and ringing endorsement of Vince and denouncing of Mario. He reminds me of a T.O. type in our city - not because he likes VY, but because he is endorseing another cities team and players even to the point of monetary and gifts. Please move to Tennesee MAck!! We wont miss your bull, over-priced furniture and commercials that never cahnge in 20 years - And thats a fact Jack!!

So now rather than our city being able to celebrate the teams new directions and staff were being pulled around tried to make feel bad by these so called "Rich fans" towards their favorite players because the team choose to try and be a good franchise and took who would help them the most? Talk about lack of common respect and support in your own city. IMO guys like Mack have just spread their opinion around with money because they can and make themselves and the city look bad because of it.

Honestly I'm not a VY or Bush hater so please spare that stuff. - I think there both great talents.

But it really irks me when I hear on the radio and press about a huge VY welcome to the NFL party being held in Houston rather than in Tennesee where it belongs.

- And yet there is next to no coverage on the Texans in the paper or local news and almost nothing being done outside of this Hat and city key announcement being done to welcome Mario to Houston. I hear much more being done to avoid him. I dont hear anything about a car dealership welcoming him in with a new vehicle, no new furniture, no benefits being done for him etc...no nada. This is still the #1 pick were talking about - Mario Williams.

I find alot of this treatment of VY/Bush in bad taste and disheartening plus way overblown by the media and I'm frankly tired of hearing it. They are rookies and the draft was 2 months ago people - so Please how about more stories on our team, some support for our players and the Real #1 pick if your going to call yourself a fan of the team in this town - and stop with all the VY/Bush media bull.

Vince is a houstonian, but so are alot of NFL players. - But I dont hear about parties for any of them nor do I hear in other cities people doing anything like this for another teams player...

9. Txdimepce

Txdimepce Rookie

Toe that look like "two fleshy light bulbs popping" out of his sandals....OOOOOOOOOOOOOwwwwwwwwwwwuuuuucccccchhhhhhhyyyuuukk!

10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I would love to see Williams go OLD school and be an absolute monster with a mean streak like Elvin Bethea, Deacon Jones, Joe Greene, etc...

11. trutexan67

trutexan67 Rookie

I totally agree with you on that....

12. KingRat

KingRat Rookie

:homer: :stirpot: :cool:

13. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Keep an eye out on the fan blog. Something I've been working on for a while should probably be published later today. heh. :stirpot:

14. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Not trying to throw the thread off course, but from what I got as of now Babin is our other starting DE.

15. HARRYJ

HARRYJ A Great Pretender

If you all remember McNabb was also booed at his draft. A truly sad moment in Eagles history. Mario's play will change all of the peoples minds. Your job is to never let those who did it forget that they are idiots.:redtowel:

16. U4ikrob

U4ikrob Guitar Junky

Thanks TC - Really have been enjoying your blogs at the Chronic. IMO between you and Megan we are actually getting some coverage of the team. Its a shocker that they actually pay a staff at the Chronicle because the lack of reporting has been so bad since the draft I quit reading it for the most part. The texans site has more up to date news for the most part. It's just deplorable to me that McClain our supposed "dedicated" Texans reporter has yet to produce anything on the team for the most part since the draft outside of "We made a big mistake - we should have taken Vince" ravings. Honestly I think/hope he's looking fo a job in Tennessee were his opinions and views are more relevant since he's always talking about that team and not ours to the point I found his views offensive and biased more than once.

17. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

Mario's going to be great!:redtowel:

18. bayoudreamn

bayoudreamn Veteran

Well said.

19. get a clue

get a clue Rookie

97.9 the box had him on few days ago... and he was taking calls from callers.... and everyone was giving him props!-- everyone wanna show there love for him, lets all go out and buy #90 jerseys before the Phily game!

20. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

heres my take on williams as ive stated several times, The guy is gonna change the defense and he doesnt even have to get double digit sacks, he doesnt need to have a probowl rookie season, he doesnt have to be DROY.
    He will change how the offense plays against us, they will line up an extra blocker on him, they will run away from him, they will use strong formations to protect the quarterback, wich gives them less quality targets. they will shift a guard or a center on a pull to help stop him wich will open up ryans or weaver or smith to rush thru the middle. so even if he only gets 5 sacks all year our defense will be alot better than without him. I know one thing, it's really gonna be fun to watch :)

AFD1717 likes this.