Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Luv Ya' Blue!

Currently the Texans hold the record for most sacks allowed in a season and the longest term of an expansion team not to at least make the playoffs.

Again, if you are going to try to use stats or whatever, you may want to do some research... A team kinda close to your neck of the woods (Seatle Seahawks) didnt reach the play-offs until their 8th season (1983).

Currently the Texans hold the record for most sacks allowed in a season and the longest term of an expansion team not to at least make the playoffs.

YOUR franchise holds the record of all negative records: THE BIGGEST CHOKE IN NFL HISTORY.

Embrace it, because it's yours. Love it, because it's your team's history. Revel in it, because your team always finds a way to choke.

So do you watch the NFL Films version of 35-3 every year? Do you flip on ESPN Classics and see the old Oiler unis and think "Hey, there's my team!"

Because if you don't, you're not a diehard fan of your franchise. Without embracing the dubious past along with the glorious history, you're nothing but a bandwagon fan of a chump franchise owned by a man that doesn't know how to conduct himself in any sense of the term "ethical behavior".

All of your revisionist history aside (which is the majority of it), you should do some more research into the subject. Read John Pirckle's book sometime for a revealing journey of your owner's checkered past. You might not be so quick to spew nonsense defending the guy if you had an inkling of the truth in your perspective.

Sake - I seem to recall Bud retained rights to the name, colors, and history when he took his ball and (went to someone else's) home. waaaaaah ah ah ah ah

I never knew that song had words to it.

YOUR franchise holds the record of all negative records: THE BIGGEST CHOKE IN NFL HISTORY.

Embrace it, because it's yours. Love it, because it's your team's history. Revel in it, because your team always finds a way to choke.

So do you watch the NFL Films version of 35-3 every year? Do you flip on ESPN Classics and see the old Oiler unis and think "Hey, there's my team!"

Because if you don't, you're not a diehard fan of your franchise. Without embracing the dubious past along with the glorious history, you're nothing but a bandwagon fan of a chump franchise owned by a man that doesn't know how to conduct himself in any sense of the term "ethical behavior".

All of your revisionist history aside (which is the majority of it), you should do some more research into the subject. Read John Pirckle's book sometime for a revealing journey of your owner's checkered past. You might not be so quick to spew nonsense defending the guy if you had an inkling of the truth in your perspective.

I think this post sums it up. I'd like to know how many Titan fans watch reruns of that game and get sick to their stomach as some of us old Oiler fans do. That's a telling tail of fandom. I guarantee it doesn't hit them the way it STILL hits us. :gun: Then tell us who the history belongs to.

So far,
Vinny
Texan_Bill
Gwallia
Double Barrell,
Infantrycak, and
Overalls

have corrected you on your quoted post above.... Want to keep playing?? C'mon, we know people in NOCal know trivia....

So far,
Vinny
Texan_Bill
Gwallia
Double Barrell,
Infantrycak, and
Overalls

have corrected you on your quoted post above.... Want to keep playing?? C'mon, we know people in NOCal know trivia....

Wow I just checked this thread. All up in arms about your sack total huh? You would all agree that the sack leader for one person would be Carr though correct?

Again, if you are going to try to use stats or whatever, you may want to do some research... A team kinda close to your neck of the woods (Seatle Seahawks) didnt reach the play-offs until their 8th season (1983).

I believe the stat I was looking for was most winless seasons by an expansion team. But good catch! :texflag:

I believe the stat I was looking for was most winless seasons by an expansion team. But good catch! :texflag:

Did you mean the most without a "winning" season or most "winless" seasons. The Texans have no "winless" seasons and off the top of my head the Cowboys went from 1960 to 1966 without a winning season. Could be wrong but that sounds right. Don't know who would be tops in that category though.

-Twitch

So far you can't get anything right the Denver Broncos never had a winning season in the AFL and that was 9 years, then AFL and NFL merged before the 1970 season.

Of course your view of history would also leave out the simple fact that the rules for an expansion team was changed right before the Texans came into exsistance to make harder for an expansion team to build a team, but that little fact does not fit with your world and revisionist of history.

Sorry Arrow, you just struck out, because the Cowgurls had their first non-losing season during their 6th season in which they went 7-7. The Cleveland Rams did not have a winning season until their 8th season. Certainly you can not forget about the New Orleans Saints who took 13 years to have their first non-losing season...

(Yes - I said the Cleveland Rams)

Wow I just checked this thread. All up in arms about your sack total huh? You would all agree that the sack leader for one person would be Carr though correct?

C'mon Arrow. You know me better than that. I am up in arms, because for whatever reason, you are WAY off your game...

C'mon Arrow. You know me better than that. I am up in arms, because for whatever reason, you are WAY off your game...

To be honest I just regurgitated it from another site. I was bored and it seemed about right. I had forgot about NO and Dallas, though.

Work has been busy so I have to ninja post if I post at all.

To be honest I just regurgitated it from another site. I was bored and it seemed about right. I had forgot about NO and Dallas, though.

Work has been busy so I have to ninja post if I post at all.

I understand Blazing Arrow. I have been playing nice on the Titans site the last few days.

I understand Blazing Arrow. I have been playing nice on the Titans site the last few days.

I noticed the post at the Texans event. Looked like a good time. I was going to try and get one of our better Photoshoppers to put you in Oilers Jersey and a derek on the head, thought it would be funny.

I noticed the post at the Texans event. Looked like a good time. I was going to try and get one of our better Photoshoppers to put you in Oilers Jersey and a derek on the head, thought it would be funny.

I got one of me standing on the 50 yard line in the Dome when we drafted McNair.

That was the only draft party I remember Bud throwing.

Back