Lundy

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by amazingandre, Oct 17, 2006.

1. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

With Dayne and Gado struggling, coach Gary Kubiak said Lundy will get another chance. He's expected to get an opportunity as a punt returner after Phillip Buchanon was placed on waivers Monday.

"(Lundy) is not playing because I don't think he can handle it," Kubiak said. "I think we had a couple of good guys that we needed to take a look at, but it's obvious right now that we have to give the kid a chance to come back and play some more."

Staight out of chronicle........yesi hope he proves himself and get sthe full load not theis splitting time crap. give him a real shot.

lets get some thoughtsfrom people on how we think he will do. i say possibly 60 to 70 rushing yrds and 3 rec. anyone else??????????????

2. real

real Guest

To me that speaks volumes of what he thinks about Dayne and Gado at this point...

He is going to give more carries to a guy "he didn't think could handle it"...and take carries away from slow and slower....

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Lundy is a hard worker. Maybe the only reason he played was how hard he worked and how much the players and coaches appreciated it. I don't know if he has the vision to play RB right now.

4. real

real Guest

I agree...I don't think Lundy is "the" answer...But I like him in there more than Dayne....

5. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Even Hollings is better...

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

That is clearly a misquote situation by the paper confusing a double negative--Kubiak said he didn't think he couldn't handle it. I have heard him on air say that several times--the paper just screwed up this time.

7. Chris Taylor MVP

Chris Taylor MVP Rookie

Chris Taylor should be the Texans starting running back! No ifs, ands, butts (buts) about it! Altogether now "WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR, WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR, WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR!!!.......

8. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

If the quote is true, Kubiak is probably refering to other things besides running. Lundy needs to learn how to chip block and pick up the blitz better. A RB needs to know the offense very well on plays that he isn't just running.

9. real

real Guest

O.K.....that makes me feel better.....

10. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Cold Pizza this morning--> Lundy WILL play! :yahoo: :superman: :redtowel:

I hope he does well, I like the guy!

11. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

From being a 6-year-old with Earl Campbell posters on the wall, I've always been more partial to the power backs.

Right now, I'm all for the guy that can hit the hole the quickest when there is a hole. Dayne and Gado have yet to prove that they are that guy.

Good luck to Lundy.

12. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

What I'm excited about is with the Wiegert ding, we get to see what we got in Erick Winston. He's gonna suck a little bit. But will be fun to watch him play. As far as the running bakcs, I think they are snipe hunting with wet paper bags. Both lines are playing so bad, the coaches are throwing us a bone of hope. The rest of the season is going to be like granny slipin you the toungue. Shocking and disgusting.

13. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Well, time to vomit.

14. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Lundy is going to play because we are at the point of a why not. But don't expect all the running game problems to be magically fixed because of a running back change.

Check out this link that talks about run defense strength: "Jaguar Defensive Tackle John Henderson Will Eat Your Children" (the YouTube video is pretty entertaining, and is something nice to remember for those random people who seem to challenge Carr's manhood).

The Jag's run defense isn't ranked as high as Dallas' but out of all the teams with winning records, the Jags have played one of the harder schedules to date. Harder than Dallas' schedule.

In other words, it is a hard week to be trying to right the ship with your running game. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is a pretty big task to ask Lundy to work miracles in running and run blocking this week.

15. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

And rightly, it is a hard schedule at the beginning of a season for a team trying to rebuild itself. We just need to keep taking steps forward in all facets of the game.

I look for Winston to gain some experience, which is needed eventually. He won't get better or more acclimated to the NFL sitting behind Wiegert. I also look for Weary to have a solid game.

It will be interesting to see if Vonta Leach gets some field time this game to try and open up some holes against a tough Jax front.

Has anyone heard anything about Leach's status for the game?

16. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Here's the quote from the presser: Week 6 of the Houston Texans Running Back Experiment: Wali Lundy to Play

They took that quote out of context.

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

heh, nice vid. Henderson is a load....Leading up to the draft John Henderson was one of the guys who was on top of the draft board and was pimped by many of Texans fan nation till we decided on Carr. Bryant McKinnie, Julius Peppers, Mike Williams and Mr Football himself, Joey Harrington were the others.

18. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

I was partial to Peppers or McKinnie. I thought the team needed to start by building the lines then moving out from there.

19. O.G.

O.G. Veteran

I don't know if he should or shouldn't, but I do believe he should have every opportunity like the previous rb's mentioned. He can't do any worse and I think he can be a suprise.

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

That is how the old Oilers did it before their run of 7 straight playoff years. We took Munchack, Steinkuhler (would have been a perennial all pro if not for his bad knees), Harvey Salem, Don Maggs and of course Bruce Matthews with high draft picks as the offensive core to that team.