Luck, Mahomes, or Watson

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Chris, Oct 6, 2018.

1. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

Apparently you're not here to do anything except state your opinion, attack anyone that disagrees with you and then say arguing on the internet is stupid.

And here I thought there wouldn't be anything entertaining till the draft.

2. Sonny

Sonny TexSon Proud

Anyone and everyone believes that only their opinion matters.
    The difference on this subject is I actually know what I'm talking about.

I'm not attacking you.. I'm pointing out your flaws so, technically, I'm trying to help you.

And yes, arguing on the net is absolutely moronic.

3. maverick512000

Well while I thank you for the help, and yes telling me to "enlighten myself" was very helpful" you still have not addressed any thing anyone has said. You also still seem to be under the strange idea that you are the only person that knows what they are talking about. Do you really feel that everyone that has ever played college football agrees with you? I'm asking that question seriously do you really believe that you speak for all of them?

FuzzyLogic and Mollywhopper like this.
  4. Sonny

Sonny TexSon Proud

No.. there have been several disillusioned 'student athletes'.

Almost on the same level that you are.. especially if you think I'm to continue a discourse with someone like yourself.

5. maverick512000

You know what, I agree, this isn't worth continuing. You are so arrogant you refuse to not only acknowledge that someone else maybe right or that they may have a point you refuse to even acknowledge that they can speak on a subject or you say that are disillusioned all because they do not agree with you. This isn't even worth the time it takes to type any more. As I said before, moving on to the next circus.

6. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

So let me get this right, unless you played college ball primarily D1 your opinion doesn't matter and if they did play D1 college ball, but feel differently than yourself they are disillusioned? Lol so no matter what you're right, anyone else who disagrees is wrong? Cool, glad to know your are as ignorant and illogical as a 5 year old...... worse part is I agree with your stance, I think the NCAA exploits student athletes, I wouldn't compare it to slavery, these kids get something in return even if the value to the revenue they bring in isn't equal and it's voluntary. They aren't getting ripped from their mother's arms and auctioned off, they still have their freedom they can leave anytime they want, go out to eat, go hang out with friends, chose who they want their partner to be instead of forcibly having to mate with who their master tells them to, etc...

But you see the problem with how you take to arguing, is your "it's my way or nothing" stance. In a debate or argument you need to know both sides, and be open to both sides. Why? because the whole point of debating or arguing is to pull people over to your side or your way of thinking. Maybe not those you are arguing with, but to those around who are listening or reading it. Your "I'm right, you're wrong no matter what" closed minded mentality just turns neutral parties away because then you just come off as the closed minded ignorant fool even if you do happen to be right...

maverick512000 likes this.
  7. Texansfan69

Texansfan69 Rookie

Going to Caveat the O-line is much different, so you are going to get different results.

CWTexansFan and steelbtexan like this.
  8. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Will Fuller missed 9 games and was still the 2nd leading receiver in both catches (32) and yards (503), 198 yards more than Griffin who was 3rd. The 2 shiny new TEs didn't have as many yards combined as Fuller.

Nuk had 33% of all catches on the Texans, highest rate in the NFL this year. Michael Thomas was the only other player above 30% and that's only because he had an insane catch rate of 85%.

So I'd say yeah, Nuk was pretty much all the Texans had going on in regards to receivers.

thunderkyss likes this.
  9. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

I'd love to see a fast elusive receiver with good hands come on board to offset Coutee to create havoc in the slot and midfield.

10. maverick512000

I'd love to see the QB and WR team we have all stay healthy for a full season. Think they could create plenty of havoc just with that.

11. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

That would be ideal, but how badly did we miss some depth this season?

12. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

when everyone can stay relatively healthy, depth isn't quite as important.

13. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

Even with 100% health depth in still important. You need to be able to rotate guys in to get fresh legs in and keep others fresh longer.

Texansphan and OptimisticTexan like this.
  14. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Not saying it isn't still important, just pointing out its not as important as it would be if say your #2 & #3 WR's are lost for the majority of the season.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  15. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Having an extra arrow or two in your quiver can allow for some wrinkles to throw at defenses.

16. Sonny

Sonny TexSon Proud

SMH.. I'm gonna say a couple things to this as I really dig being called a fool by a fool. I guess it takes one to know one.
    I wonder if you people know what a simile is.?.
    To anyone one of you mental giants that are focusing on the word 'slavery' and the verbatim definition of said word... you are really something else. Clearly it's not the true definition of slavery but let's look at the broad comparison.
    Slaves were taught a few things ie. farming and what not and fed so that the masters could reap the benefits of their hard work without compensation.
    'Student atletes' are taught things like economics, which is really funny if you understand why I chose that particular course to reference, and fed (well actually) so that the 'masters' could benefit from these kids to the tune of hundreds of millions without any compensation for said kids. Hmmm.. seems like a pretty good analogy to me.

I don't care if perfect strangers on the Internet whom were/are/remain once neutral decide to side with me or not. What do I care? Their acquiescence doesn't affect my opinion in the least so, you can love or hate me, agree or disagree.. I give zero fucks.

I am neither ignorant nor illogical and you comparing me to a 5 year old only points to your petulance.

I'm off to sleep now as it's clearly past my bedtime. Wanna come read me a story?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  17. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

It's gonna be a very, very long off-season

18. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Folks, stop the name calling. Posts will disappear.

Yup.

19. Sonny

Sonny TexSon Proud

I only return in kind, Cak.

20. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Actually he said 'behave like a fool' and you called him a fool.

I left both, but direct name calling will lose posts. Thx