Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Louis Rees Zammet and the International Player Pathway

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68268614

Louis Rees-Zammit says he is "loving" the "great" experience of trying to break into the NFL after his switch from rugby union.
The 23-year-old has joined the NFL's international player pathway (IPP) with the aim of securing a place on an American football team in 2024.
Rees-Zammit has moved to Florida and started on a 10-week programme.
"My pursuit to be on the NFL is alive and I am excited to see what the next 10 weeks holds," he told Scrum V.
The Wales and Gloucester wing shocked the rugby world in January when he announced he would leave the sport with immediate effect to pursue a career in the NFL. And he has lofty ambitions.
"In the next five years I want to be a Super Bowl champ," he told the BBC.

This guy is an explosive player off the wing and was putting together an exciting career, a big loss to our Rugby team, obviously there’s a huge difference in pay between making an NFL roster vs being at the very top of the sport in Rugby.

NFL is a very prototype-lead sport and this guy is big and strong and fast, I’d love him to sign for the Texans and become a huge success!

This guy is an explosive player off the wing and was putting together an exciting career, a big loss to our Rugby team, obviously there’s a huge difference in pay between making an NFL roster vs being at the very top of the sport in Rugby.

NFL is a very prototype-lead sport and this guy is big and strong and fast, I’d love him to sign for the Texans and become a huge success!

6'-3" @ 203 lbs gives him NFL size for RB, LB, or Safety.

You think RB or WR?

You think RB or WR?
Yes, that is what he’s working on during the current 10 week IPP camp that’s going on in Florida apparently, but he’ll also have return skills which should give him a better chance of making a team.

If he doesn’t make it in the NFL he’ll be straight back to the top of Rugby Union, Wales are going through a rebuilding period right now and the World Cup is just over 3 years away, so he isn’t even missing out on a high chance of success.

Back