Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
But Schaub doesn't worry about these things. He doesn't seem fazed by much of anything. There was the time last spring when a number of teams were courting Manning, and Texans coach Gary Kubiak texted his quarterback and asked him to pick up the future Hall of Fame quarterback at the airport. Kubiak was kidding, but that's not exactly the type of thing you joke about via text. Manning was causing insecurity complexes all over the league last spring.

Three articles on the Texans from the front page of the espn's nfl section.

LINK1

LINK2

LINK3

LINK1

LINK2

LINK3

LINK1

This is what some of the doofs in the comments section had to say, so I popped off a reply to their genius conversation:

videriant
I can't believe how long the author managed to make this article.

Selvin4715
LOL yeah she could have edited 30% of it out

GPtexans
Yeah, your one sentence posts are so engaging. I agree. Who needs to hear something in-depth and (gasp!) loooooong when there's so much other stuff for you guys to read and then $@%!$ about on here. LOL. Wow. #shakeweightmotion

Just reading those now. Great stuff

I just tagged 300+ rep points onto the OP.

Everyone needs to rep him. Nice articles, and he brought them all under one thread. Nicely done.

Gave me a nice little lift to my Wednesday.

My only quibble with the Schaub piece is about how "drama free" the Texans always are. Um, let's not forget that Brian Cushing embarrassed this entire town and franchise a couple of years ago after being busted for 'roids, and then our owner made it even MORE embarrassing by appealing Cushing had some kind of absurd medical condition.

My only quibble with the Schaub piece is about how "drama free" the Texans always are. Um, let's not forget that Brian Cushing embarrassed this entire town and franchise a couple of years ago after being busted for 'roids, and then our owner made it even MORE embarrassing by appealing Cushing had some kind of absurd medical condition.

Im not embarassed by it and dont know any other person that is

It was for hcg not steroids.

I wasn't embarrassed.

One incident in 10.5 seasons means the Texans are typical. The Bengals have had 10+ incidents within the last few months. Marcus Coleman is the last Texan I can remember getting correctly arrested after he drove after drinking with Jamie Sharper. The names should tell you how long ago that was.

It was for hcg not steroids.

I wasn't embarrassed.

One incident in 10.5 seasons means the Texans are typical. The Bengals have had 10+ incidents within the last few months. Marcus Coleman is the last Texan I can remember getting correctly arrested after he drove after drinking with Jamie Sharper. The names should tell you how long ago that was.

I agree. The Bengals are a mess. As are the Lions. I just thought the whole thing was embarrassing, and glad it's over. Again: that's just my opinion.

Thanks for posting these!

I just finished reading these three articles and I have to say they were extremely nice. Getting some extra love from the media is great when your team is doing good but these articles were fantastic. I hope to see more articles like this on our Texans players and hopefully coaches.

Wow. Thanks for the rep, everybody!

images

From the Schaub article linked above:

There was the time last spring when a number of teams were courting Manning, and Texans coach Gary Kubiak texted his quarterback and asked him to pick up the future Hall of Fame quarterback at the airport. Kubiak was kidding, but that's not exactly the type of thing you joke about via text. Manning was causing insecurity complexes all over the league last spring.

Schaub said he simply laughed and texted, "I'll send him back to Terminal C."
:spit: I didn't know Kubiak could be that funny.

OT - Skip Bayless , in trying to make Tebow look like a good QB, said Tebow threw for 300 yards against a good Texans D in 2010 when we all know that D was horrible

OT - Skip Bayless , in trying to make Tebow look like a good QB, said Tebow threw for 300 yards against a good Texans D in 2010 when we all know that D was horrible

Skip Bayless (along with his buddy Stephen A. Smith) is a talentless d0uchebag. Save yourself some time and stop watching his garbage, which somehow passes for sports programming on espn.

Skip Bayless (along with his buddy Stephen A. Smith) is a talentless d0uchebag. Save yourself some time and stop watching his garbage, which somehow passes for sports programming on espn.

Those two guys need to stick to basketball talk. Leave the football talk to the heavy lifters.

Those two guys need to stick to basketball talk. Leave the football talk to the heavy lifters.

it's not the sport ... they're just instigators with no real knowledge of any game (richard justice would love them). "tim tebow is better than peyton manning!!!" type of personalities.

Back