Losman BENCHED

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by PapaL, Oct 6, 2005.

1. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

ESPN:

Looks like the second coming of sitting on the bench...

2. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I heard it on the radio yesterday...I knew we made him look better than he is...

3. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Casserly had a good/prophetic point about that before our game with the Bills. He said it wasn't the 1st game where you usually saw the rookie mistakes because they had a month to prepare for it and even used Carr against the Cowboys as an example. Sure enough Losman held it together with plenty of prep and then couldn't hang with the tighter schedule and better opposition.

4. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I think this has more to do with the Buffalo fans expectations of where this team should be than it does with Losman's play. Sure he's struggled as a young an inexperienced QB, but that's generally what happens with a young QB starting for your team. I think many in Buffalo had unrealistic expectations of him and the team this season. I can't blame them since they're solid pretty much everywhere, and the only question mark was a young QB. Especially since the previous year a rookie QB helped his team to the playoffs as a starter. My guess is that the coaching staff is making the move to tell the fans that they're looking to win and make a playoff push this year, but IMO that is a mistake. All you do by starting Holcombe is delay Losman's development. The sooner you get Losman comfortable as the starting QB the sooner your team starts to win consistently.

5. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

...or Joey Harrington.

6. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

If Garcia was healthy, I think Joey would be riding the pine right about now.

7. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

Texans made Losman look like a Pro Bowl QB... our fault! .. because we gave him too much confidence .... then :thud: