Los Angeles Looking at 6 Teams

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Vinny, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/oct/06/bn06industry-offer-bolts/?chargers

Kulluminatii likes this.
  2. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

Oh god...not the Chargers:gun:. I'd rather have the Rams back in L.A. then the Chargers. I'm surprised though, I thought at most there were talks with three teams, definitely wasn't expecting six.

Anyone want to guess who these six teams are?

I think, most likely, they are the:

Chargers(duh)
    Rams
    Raiders
    Vikings
    Jaguars
    Bills

Although I hope I am wrong about the Bills and Rams...for some strange reason though, I would love the Lions to come to L.A. (and yeah I know their owned by Ford :cool:).

3. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

I would like to see either the Rams come back to LA, or the Jags move. The other teams need to stay where they are.

4. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Adrian Peterson, and Brett Favre in L.A. = Big time media hype.

5. Blake

Blake MMQB

I would assume that they are looking more long term than 2 players on a team.

6. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I would be interested in seeing Broncos TV base compared to LA. Seems like a positive move to me but don't know about agreement team has with city.

8. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

take the cowboyz please :pop:

9. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Haha Los Angeles Cowboys. That's worse than the Tennessee Oilers or Utah Jazz.

10. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

San Francisco cowboys would be the funniest :)

Utah Jazz is the stupidest name in all of sports

11. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

This really makes me feel very sad! Screw the fans, from whatever city/state they decide to F over, just go out and BUY themselves a football team simply because it is LA! I understand the small market teams that are struggling, etc, BUT, it's just sad for the fans. BUT, when has the NFL really cared about the fans anyway! SCREW LA!!

12. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I'm with ya Sandy.

The only fan base I would not mind being screwed over would be the Titans. I hate the Titans and all of their fans!

13. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

LA needs a team, its the 2nd largest city in America.
    I know many people get angry about this statement but many people also said this about Houston(being the 4th largest).

If these other small market team's fans dont show up to the games(Jags) then it only makes sense to move the team to a place that is wanting a team and has millions of people.
    I dont understand why Minny would be on the list(I guess a stadium situation?)
    I also hope that the Bills will stay in Buffalo, they have that cities support.

14. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

I don't know about that...

[​IMG]

:thisbig:

I kid of course.

15. Dan B.

Dan B. Hall of Fame

Neither is in one of the country's top 32 markets, but Jacksonville is larger than Buffalo.

Oddly, Buffalo has a larger TV market and Jacksonville a larger Radio (I guess more cars in Jacksonville?). One other major point is that Jacksonville is growing faster than Buffalo. I think Buffalo is actually shrinking. I do think that the Buffalo Bills' 50 year history has to be taken into account, and it will be sad when the Bills move. But I use the word "when" for a reason. I am pretty much certain the Bills will move. Buffalo is simply not large enough. There isn't enough corporate support, and the city is not able to afford to subsidize a new facility. I feel for the fans, though. I truly do.

16. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

The only team I'm interested in seeing in L.A. is the Rams. The Rams belong in Los Angelas just like the Cardinals should be in St. Louis and a host of other teams belong in their former digs.

That's just an opinion and I know it's not practical for most of the carpet bagging teams but the Rams have a legitimate shot at going back to L.A. and getting it right this time. I think that should happen. St. Louis should then get the Jaguars like they were supposed to back when the team was originally awarded.

Jacksonville goes back to watching the Dolphins, Buc's, or Falcons.

The Raiders stay right where they are and Al Davis dies alone in a dim room plotting an imaginary revenge against the NFL for taking "his" city from him.

17. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

The problem with your position is it assumes the people of LA want a team and for the most part they do not. Something is going to have to be done about Jacksonville and maybe the solution is giving LA one last shot.

McClain actually had an astute statement this morning which was folks can keep talking about an LA team all they want but until there is a viable plan for a stadium on the boards it isn't happening.

Sounds like a plan. I have family in LA and you know they just aren't a football town, or aren't a loyal to their own town football fans. Back when the Rams were there they lost tons of fans to the Cowboys because they used to hold training camp out there every year. I don't think people appreciate how awkward traffic can be out there as well. Some of the places they are talking about putting a stadium are technically suburbs of LA but it might as well be like putting Texans' stadium in Austin.

FWIW - McClain says there is a condition on the St. Louis sales negotiations that the team has to stay there.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  18. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

At the bottom of it all, everyone is out to make money. I don't blame LA for wanting a team, or the NFL for wanting one there...its too big of a market to pass up. When thinking about it, I doubt the Rams will move back. If Limbaugh and the St. Lois Blue's owner are able to buy the team...I am almost certain they would stay there. Bills have been "linked" to moving to Canada a few times, but I doubt they would move as well. And your correct imatexan, Vikes want a new stadium from what I hear, but they have a large fanbase in Minny, and I would hate to see them move.

19. Dan B.

Dan B. Hall of Fame

I swear I know it sounds conspiracy theorist but I think that the NFL will have a problem with this because the stadium in the original link is privately financed. I honestly believe that many of the owners will be leery of setting this precedent and that the vote could be very close for that reason.

20. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I think my biggest problem with having a team in LA is based on the past they really haven't shown that they care about having a pro football team. How many teams have moved from LA? Raiders. Rams. Technically the Chargers were in LA for a year as well.

It's a Laker/USC town. They don't care about pro football.