Looking ahead to the Washington Redskins

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Sep 13, 2010.

1. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I think you guys are the ones feeling a little to over confident. You guys are on the right path, but I don't think you are there yet. I think your left tackle is in for a little bit of a shock. I think your wide receivers are a little over-rated. Your D is good, but I think our passing game gets on track this week. We have a tough team, if we play like we did Sunday wee in and week out.

2. SkinsHomer

SkinsHomer Rookie

You're preachin to the choir about being up and down, man, believe me. Your running game has been up and down as well, Slaton isn't exactly garbage and wasn't the last couple years. Foster seems to be an improvement and if it can last and complement that ridiculous passing game, it could be a long day. But I have confidence in our defense.

3. SkinsHomer

SkinsHomer Rookie

There are homers that think their team is the best team in the NFL on every board, man. But there are some rational thinking, level-headed fans, most are actually.

We are in the same boat, us and you guys, if you think about it. Both teams beat hated division rivals and are still up on cloud 9. Sure, our win was a little less convincing, but it was still a W.

Trent Williams is money. But so is Mario. I think if you think Mario is going to destroy him, that's overconfidence. Ware is a top tier pass rusher and Williams held his ground, I expect him to do the same this Sunday.

Our WRs aren't overrated, we all know we are weak there. Moss would be ideal in the slot, we don't really have a true #1. But we play with what we got.

And you absolutely have a tough team, but I guarantee Sunday won't be a cake walk.

4. gary

gary Hall of Fame

McNabb won't be the same I do exspect him to improve each week with his brand new team. The Texans should still win though.

5. Scooter

Scooter Funky

welcome to the forum.

6. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

I don't think any of think it will be a cake walk, and we all have our fears, but for the most part we feel that if we play with full intensity all four quarters we will be triumphant, but any thing can happen on any given sunday!

7. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Lol. Your defense front looked good, but I wasn't all that impressed with your defensive backfield and safety situation.

And, why is it that you can say nice things about your team, but when we say nice things about our team, it is "overconfident"?

No offense, but you come off as if you know nothing about our passing game. We are top shelf in that area. That's not overconfident, that's a fact.

Your defense faced a VERY weak Dallas offense on Sunday.

8. Rey

Rey Guest

I don't think T.Williams will be able to handle M.Williams...

Mario did have 2 less sacks than Ware last year, but Mario is much stronger against the run, and he looks like he is healthy this year...

Add that to the fact that McNabb tends to hold the ball longer than Manning, and I think that we will get some sacks as a team...Whether or not Mario gets any, I dunno...But I think that the pressure will be there...

Really could care less if Mario individually dominates.

9. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

You guys do realize the Texans move Mario around from time to time. He'll play the strong side a few snaps too. Mario is an all around beast, he is fantastic in run support to boot! I don't doubt your rookie LT is the real deal, but he's still a rookie.

I don't think it'll be a cakewalk. It's going to be a very tough game on the road. I feel good about what are team can do but I am still a little nervous as we have lacked consistency over the long haul since the inception of the franchise. I hope that changes this season, it sure looked like the end of last season and beating the pats with possible playoff implications on the line like we turned a corner in that regard. But it's just too early to tell and definitely too early to get cocky.

The Skins/cowpie game was not an impressive victory by any stretch of the imagination, but none of that matters. A W is a W and you never know in the NFL. I have seen teams (including our own) look flat, terrible, and play outright embarassing and then turn around a week later and light it up. There are no gimmes, not even against the Raiders since JR was cut.

I expect a hard fought game from both teams. I expect the Skins to come out hungry and play hard. I think Shanny Sr and Jr want to put their stamp on this game and they will have their team ready to go. However, I do like our chances, I am foaming at the mouth to see our team play with the intensity they did against the dolts. They just look like they have a whole new mindset out there, I want to see more of that!

Lastly, welcome to the forum, thanks for contributing.

10. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Things we didn't see from the offense last week that I fully expect to see this week. Screen passes, to either the RB or the quick hitter to AJ (Hall cannot tackle for ****). Either KW or a TE working the seams, work the safties and the ILBs. More crossing routes and slants, if Wash is going to blitz use the vacated space and let AJ and JJ gather up the YAC.

11. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Your D may be better than the Colts' D, but the Cowboys were running the ball fine against you guys (getting five yards a carry). For some reason, Wade and Garrett decided to stop running the ball. Your offense doesn't scare me either. How long has it been since the offense has scored an offensive TD for you guys? McNabb is a step slower, there is a group of over the hill running backs, and outside of Cooley and Santana Moss (who would be the number two WR on Houston), the receiving group in Washington is not existent.

The only thing that really worries me is how the Texans do against a 3-4 defense. I doubt the Texans will have a letdown game though. Especially with the Shanahan's on Washington. Houston knows what up. If anything, the next letdown game for Houston will be the Raider game.

Hardcore Texan likes this.
  12. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I bet Foster doesn't get 100 yds. in this game (not that he always has to), but we still win it by 3 to 7. Trying to stop our offense, if they get a lead, will be like us in the past trying to stop Manning....except, if they load up on DBs, THEN Foster surely will burn them.

I suspect Schaub will put up Manning like numbers in receiving yards (maybe even more), but throw a pick or two, or at least take a few sacks. In the end, we will just outscore them in an ugly game.

Then, we DESTROY Dallas. :)

13. SkinsHomer

SkinsHomer Rookie

One of our starting safeties is out with a sprained knee, Kareem Moore. In his place is Reed Doughty, who hits hard, is a sure tackler, but not that great in coverage unfortunately. We weren't impressed either, believe me. But we feel like we have talent back there.

I wasn't trying to say that every nice thing you guy say about your team is overconfidence, I think saying you'll win handily, by 2 TDs, that Foster will explode again, etc...I think that stuff is over confidence. I haven't said anything like that.

I know enough about your passing game. Schaub is fantastic, I've always liked him and was thrilled when he got out from behind Vick to start somewhere. In Madden 06, I traded for him to be my franchise QB and benched Jason Campbell. And no one is sleeping on Andre Johnson or the rest of your receivers/TEs. We all know you're dangerous.

I wouldn't call Dallas's defense weak, either. I thought they were overrated as a team coming into the season, but they're still good. Ware is not overrated, Brooking is not overrated.

14. Blake

Blake MMQB

2006: The Washington Redskins defeated the Houston Texans by the score of 31-15.

2010: The Houston Texans defeated the Washington Redskins by the score of 24-14.

15. SkinsHomer

SkinsHomer Rookie

Move him to the strong side, we have a legit pro-bowler on that side in Jamaal Brown. I'm not saying Mario won't have any success, but he's got an uphill battle all day.

But you're exactly right and I think we're on the same page here. It's going to be a good, tough game and I'm really excited to see how the Skins adjust from the Dallas game and how you guys come out after the impressive Colts game. And thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, I don't know if you saw them go to Roy Williams twice on quick screens and Hall stopped him for no gain and a 1 yard gain. Then there's the strip at the end of the half. D Hall is money. Not a bad plan though, considering our weak spot at safety.

They abandoned the run because they were behind. That's fine though, you can sleep on the offense as much as you want, brother. I think you'll be surprised at what you see on Sunday. McNabb makes our WRs better. And of course Moss would be #2 in Houston, everyone would be #2 in Houston haha. Portis is just barely 29, that's not quite over the hill. He's getting there, believe me, but he's still got juice in the tank.

16. houstonspartan

I never called Dallas' defense weak. I called their offense weak.

No one is saying that Foster will peel off 200 yards again. We know anything is possible. We are cautiously optimistic. But, you seem really assured that your supposedly-great defense and loud stadium are going to carry the day for you. It won't. You guys have holes on your team just like we do.

17. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Here we go. The Texans are clearly better on paper and should beat the Skins this Sunday. Blame McNabb for being slower or with a new team its hard to tell but I doubt he is going to be all world like in a matter of just one week. Our air attack is one of the best in the entire NFL and probably pretty close to the best in the league. We seem to have found our RB and some blocking to go a long with it let's hope so. Its not going to be a blowout this Sunday although you never know. I won't count on one but I do see a win for the Texans. The key this debate is which Texans team will show up but if the proper one comes to play that would not spell good news for Washington you can bank on that.

18. houstonspartan

Co-sign. And that's not being "overconfident." lol.

19. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Exactly. If the "good" Texans show up, Washington doesn't have what it takes to stop us. If the other guys show up, well, expect a lot of cursing here. LOL

20. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Isn't P-Burnt a Redskin still?