Looking ahead to the Washington Redskins

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Sep 13, 2010.

1. b0ng

b0ng Bad Hombre

Heh, they found the motherships main board and are basing their opinions of Texans fans off of "those guys".

Either way though I'm worried about the game just because it's the Texans and I'll be damned if the Texans don't drop games they should win like. . . all the time.

But if they keep the intensity they had on Sunday throughout the year holy ****. Not too many teams can stand up to us when we are playing that well without one of our main cogs on defense.

2. TexansForTheW

TexansForTheW Veteran

My opinion of the Redskins is that they are a much improved team. They looked like total mess against the cowboys but that is ok. I will not overlook them. It will be a tough game in Washington. Saying that, there complaining about what were saying. Were going off a win against the most overrated team in the NFL. If the Redskins play like they did Monday night, we will win by atleast 14 points. Washington is not better than the Colts or any where near it.

Running game- edge Houston
    Passing game- edge Houston
    Run defense-edge Houston
    Secondary-I think we have an underrated secondary, your always going to look bad when Peyton is throwing 50 times- edge Redskins
    Return-I cant make the call, because I have not seen there return game but I have faith in Jacoby Jones. EVEN for now
    Coaching- edge Redskins

I think we should win the game, it will be tough, but our team is much more talented, and it appears like our talent will start turning in to wins pretty soon.

3. Blake

Blake MMQB

We should win this game. 70%. NFC East teams are strong, even when they are #3 or #4 in the division.

Texans win by a touchdown.

4. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

There coaching is the only thing that scares me, we know too much about each other! It will be hard for the pupil to out coach his sensei, that been said I think our team can destroy the skins if we play all 4 quarters.

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Just a reminder, but we throttled the Broncos a couple years ago when Shanahan was coaching them.

However, the Redskins have a much better defense than the Broncos did then. We'll see, but this definitely won't be an easy game.

6. Rey

Rey Guest

I do not understand the fears of the Redskins knowing us...

I understand that Kyle was here last year, but this is Rick Dennisons first year with us. We have a new play caller so it's not like they will really know all the plays that we are running.

Frank Bush seems to have added some more to his defense so I'm not too worried about them knowing our defense really well either.

If anything, Kubiak knows more about their playcalling tendencies. He knows what kind of plays Kyle and Mike like to call...Hell Kyle was spitting plays out to him last so he knows what kind of plays he wants to call in certain situations...

To me, the Texans offense looks different from last year. The passing plays are even a little different.

The Redskins offense looked like ours last year without the QB accuracy. I saw quite a few plays that we ran last year. The Shannys will have to change their playcalling tendencies or hope that their team executes really well, because Kubiak knows both of them really well.

7. Rey

Rey Guest

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/s...offense-up-to-the-task_-848260-102830999.html

8. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

From that article:

Our offense against the Colts was not typical of the Texans. When was the last time we ran so much? That wasn't Kyle's offense on the field Sunday, it was a new one.

9. TexansForTheW

TexansForTheW Veteran

If we can win the turnover battle I think we win the game easily. Take care of the ball. The Redskins will make the playoffs this year IMO, but there offense has a ton of work to do.

10. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

I think the issue isn't so much that the Redskins will know our playbook as much as it is that can the Skins call the right plays to counter. It's a testament to Kubiak and the scheme that routinely AJ and JJ and OD are wide open (not all at the same time). It's is very difficult to defend this kind of offense because we spread the field so incredibly well that teams have trouble getting personnel in the right place at the right time.

If we are able to maintain a balanced offense and take what they give us (run if they defend the pass, pass if they blitz us, etc.) we shouldn't have any trouble beating them on offense.

11. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

And Ware is a different type of rusher than Mario. Mario is a total package, able to run around you or through you. Williams did look good, but he may be in for a shock.

12. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Yeah I'm with you....The Redskins play ugly and they have a knack for making other teams play ugly too....Texans 16 Redskins 9.

13. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

After reading their board, I hope we drop the hammer on them. What a bunch of annoying sacks of wasted flesh. Texas a wasteland...? They did vote a crack head as mayor, right?

14. Section516

Section516 Warrior

This is going to be a big test. IMO, the Texans have the best team in the NFL right now. Definitely the best passing attck and now it looks like the running game has reached an elite level too. Their front seven on D is pretty unbelievable as well. If we can beat the Texans we can beat anyone.

15. Rey

Rey Guest

I do not think we'll have a problem beating the Skins. JMO.

I don' think they're offense will do a whole lot, and I think that our offense will have a big game passing the ball. I see Andre having a good game and some long catches.

16. SkinsHomer

SkinsHomer Rookie

I think you guys are overconfident. There is no question you have weapons on both sides of the ball that be a welcome addition to any team, but don't sleep on the Skins defense.

If this were a year ago, I'd be dreading this game. The potential you guys bring on the field is huge, and for the most part you execute very well. But the Skins are a different team this year, they're inspired and invigorated.

And remember, you're coming into our house. It's going to be a great game, tough for both sides, and it'll be close. Probably too close for either of our likings.

17. Rey

Rey Guest

I'm probably the only one who could be considered overconfident...

Everyone else seems to be saying it'll be a could game and hoping we don't have a let down.

I don't see a letdown in our future though.

You guys have a better D than the Colts, but the skins offense doesn't scare me at all...

18. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Yeah, well, for my part what I want and what I expect are two different things. I want to kick yalls ass, what I expect is.....unknown. The Texans have a habit of doing things you don't expect. Being a great team one week and horrible the next is nothing new here.

What yall as Redskins fans have to consider though, is our running game has sucked horribly for a while now. If we find that Foster is the real deal AND we add in last years best passing attack, any defense we play is in for a long day.

19. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

I agree with you... and thanks for coming here and not talking s**t... It will be a good game though.. And I guess I should thank the Skins for beating Dallas !!!

20. SkinsHomer

SkinsHomer Rookie

Overconfidence. Foster won't have anywhere near the day he had against the Colts (that said, I loved watching those stats climb, I'm happy for the guy, honestly)

Good arguments for the most part, but still overconfident.

The offense will be better this week. You can bank on that. We know Barwin is not a starter. Mario and Smith are going to have their hands full with Jamaal Brown and Trent Williams, should be really fun to watch. And it will be much to your advantage to get out to an early lead, but you won't win handily.

More overconfidence.

Like I just said, it'll be fun to watch, but Williams handled Ware for the most part, I wouldn't expect an epic performance from Mario. And is Cushing going to play? Nope, so him being DROY is irrelevant.

One game does not a pro-bowler make, but you are all ready to crown Foster "King of the Mountain" The guy is good, but I think he still has a lot to prove. A good performance Sunday against our D to follow up his 231-yard freak show will go a long way towards that.

News flash: We're not the Broncos, but at least you came back to Earth at the end :-)

I can't wait for Sunday. I will not say that we're going to kick y'all's ass (as bad as I want to) because I'm not going to get on you guys for being over confident then do it myself. Our offense struggled mightily, and was definitely out of sync against the Cowgirls, but I expect them to be better this week.