Looking ahead to the Washington Redskins

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

Uhhh... Barwin wasn't a starter, Smith and Mario are and we got pressure before and after he went down.

Cushing was missing for the Colts as well. Our LB corp is pretty good and we played a lot of nickel against the Colts. Our secondary is young, but not poor.

They still don't have an answer for Foster, AJ, Schaub and OD. And we moved the ball well against the team they couldn't get a TD against.

2. b0ng

b0ng Bad Hombre

Perused Extreme skins, they seem to think we'll be a push-over. I'm not too worried about the 'Skins except it feels like a trap game to me.

I'm willing to bet most posters here think we can beat them legitimately.

3. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Fixed it for you.

After watching Boys v Skins neither team scares me and I really doubt there will be any complacency from our guys because it is up against the Shanny's.

4. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Wherever I was, I was more than likely drunk
  5. C Madd

C Madd Veteran

Did they all not watch their first game?

6. TexansForTheW

TexansForTheW Veteran

I thought the Redskins had playoffs written all over them until I saw the game Monday night. I still think they will be the wild card team but I know if we play how we did on Sunday, we should win the game by 14+ points. The Colts are a ton better than the Redskins.

The Cowboys ran for about 5 yards a carry. They lost the game because of the inability to stick to the run. Im sorry but if your running the ball 5 yards a pop, you better run and run and run. Get some second and short chances and air the ball out occasionally to Jacoby and Andre via play action pass.

Donovan Mcnabb looked lost, there line is worse than the Colts so we should be able to get equally the amount of pressure if not more and if we can keep Mcnabb in that pocket then this game wont even be close. He has questionable accuracy and seems to be a bigger threat on the outside. Helps he has a bum ankle at the moment and the offense has not clicked. There running game up until the end of occasion was getting stuffed.

They thought the Cowboys run d was good. We gashed that as bad as we did Indy. Im ready for a beatdown. People forget Wash went 4-12 last year.

7. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Yeah, I totally feel a trap game. This is where the Texans need to prove us....... well somewhat cynical Houston fans with much baggage - WRONG!

We need to go into DC and whoop that ass!! I know its a case of the master and the "groundhopper"..... I know this. The thing is, people forget that Kubiak is NOT a Shanahan.... He played under Dan Reeves which included Dan Reeves which also had the three amigos as it related to the passing game.... WOW, that's a pretty good pettigree...

Not to mention he's an Aggie, but I digress!! ;)

8. burro

burro probably drunk

lol redskins fans. let's look at some stats from the last night's game:

mcnabb: 15-31 (46.9%) for 171 yards and 0 tds.
    portis: 18 runs for 63 yards

i think we can handle it.

9. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I appreciate the thought behind the thread, but we seriously need to shake this mentality.
    The Texans record over the last three seasons has been better than the skins.

They're implementing a new system, with a new coach, a new QB, a group of over the hill running backs, an overpaid, under performing fat ass Dlineman, and a rookie starting left tackle.
    The question should CLEARLY be: Are the skins up to OUR level?

houstonspartan likes this.
  10. PockyAF

PockyAF Site Contributor

No offense, but what the hell are you talking about?

Skimming through their first page of their main board and their NFL section, they have a couple of topics on the Texans. Most turning into a "hoo-rah Redskins! Championship! ******* [insert upcoming opponent]" or into a Cowboy hate fest thread.

There was only two threads about us that was actually being discussed seriously; and the majority of their fan-base was giving us props/respect:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332285-If-I-m-the-Skins-I-m-very-afraid-of-the-Texans

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332496-Vegas-Texans-Open-Up-as-3-Pt-Favorites-in-DC

I am interested in seeing what you're seeing though; just so I can see what they're saying that has them thinking we're a pushed-over team.

11. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

Went over to Extremeskins as well and the edit kiwi made by adding delusional is completely accurate. Those guys make HT.com boards look like a scholarly debate.

Also, this game will be weird as it will be basically the same offenses except one going against a 3-4 and another against a 4-3.

12. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Hell Arian Foster by himself put up more yards than those two.

I'm only worried about the trap game aspect. Kubes has been pretty good against Big Shanny though.

We should really see what we are made of against a more normal NFL team. Indy isn't balanced and is really different than any other team by far. Hard to compare anything from them to any other franchise.

I just hope our guys in the ground attack aren't too sore.

Fosters Jersey was thrashed at the end of the game........

13. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

They are really counting on their offensive improving A LOT in a week.
    Plus they forget we have Smith and Mario as our bookends as they think Barwin was a starter.

Besides that, they had their Superbowl as well as the Cowboys are their rivals.

I think if we jump out to an early lead, we should win pretty handily

14. brakos82

brakos82 Yaters Gonna Yate.

If we both play like we did last week, no contest. However, I've seen stranger things before. Besides that one video of Bill and the voo-doo chick from NOLA. Nothing gets stranger than that.

15. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I think he was being sarcastic with the thread title.

16. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Wherever I was, I was more than likely drunk
    Wait! What???

17. TexansForTheW

TexansForTheW Veteran

I think we need to score atleast 20 points for a win.

18. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Alright, if that video means this bill... I need a link......

There is so much from New Orleans that I do NOT remember...... OUCH! :eek:

19. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

Hmmm... I didn't pick up that.

"Dear Santa, all I need for Xmas is":

[​IMG]

20. Miggsy

Miggsy Tyrone Biggums

Went over to extremeskins with an open mind and was pretty disappointed. They sure seem to whine a lot and are a little delusional. We all saw how they won that game. Neither team deserved the win they both looked awful but all they want to talk about is how pundits won't respect their win. Give me a break.

I can understand a little homerism to that end but what puts them into the negative category as a fan base (although from certainly a small sample size) is their obvious lack of knowledge of their next opponent while still being supremely confident that we aren't a challenge to them.

Also the fact that they lump us in with the cowgirls just settles it. I don't like 'em.

Let's go get em this week. :strangle: