Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Looking ahead to the Washington Redskins

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
I just HAD to comment, because that was one of the funniest things I've read. I've said what I wanted at the Redskins site and will watch the hilarity this week over there. I just don't know what they see in their team after that Cowboys game. It looked like two mediocre teams trying to see who could have the most mistakes and mental errors, but still win the game.
We are soooooooooo here: :ahhaha:

Miggsy

Tyrone Biggums
GB.... You're not really worried about this ass clown, are you?? What a freakin' ass joke....

WOW!! They beat the 'gurls!!! Impressive!!! :rolleyes:
Exactly. Weak win but they seem to think they really proved something last night.

Whatever let them have their fun. The Texans aren't playing their fans so it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. It is funny to watch the ignorance in action though... :ahhaha:

Stemp

Brew Master
This is about their rookie LT vs our Pro-Bowl DE

He will be better against Super Mario than he was against D Ware. Ware is the one of the most dominant LBs in the game right now. Him and P-Willis are probably the 2 best LB's in the game.
Ummm.. Ever hear of our LBs? You know the Former DROY and Pro bowler and reigning DROY? Yes, I know Cushing isn't playing but they are arguably the 2 best LBs out there.

Trent Williams = Perennial Pro Bowler

It's done in my mind, so long as he stays healthy of course, God willing. Guy is the total package, and it's obvious.
Nobody is going to dominate Trent Williams. Mario is going to be similar to Ware, but I don't see him dominating. Neither one will play subpar.
One game does not a pro-bowler make. He may be good, but he's still a rookie.

:rofl:

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
Exactly. Weak win but they seem to think they really proved something last night.

Whatever let them have their fun. The Texans aren't playing their fans so it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. It is funny to watch the ignorance in action though... :ahhaha:
Don't be an over-hater whether a Texan fan or hater, a Redskin hater or even a week three Gurl hater.... It's the NFL during a time whem parody matters.

While we should beat these ass hats, who knows(????)

Haha one of them just said they need to stop the run and force us to beat them in the air. Ummm... fine by us man! How do AJ, JJ, OD and KW sound to you? With the guy that had a top ten all time passing season last year?

These guys are jokers.
The guy who made that comment is simply an uninformed, clueless football fan. Everybody and their mamma knows that our passing game is dangerous and that we have 5000 weapons at our disposal when we do an air attack.

That person is a douche. Consider the source.

Miggsy

Tyrone Biggums
Don't be an over-hater whether a Texan fan or hater, a Redskin hater or even a week three Gurl hater.... It's the NFL during a time whem parody matters.

While we should beat these ass hats, who knows(????)
Alright I guess I have over-generalized their fan base as ignorant but some of them have just made it way too easy. Don't like being a hater but asking the top ranked passing offense to challenge you through the air? Cmon.

Having said that there are plenty more people over there that are giving our O its due and recognize that this will be a very tough game.

Nothing I have said suggests beating the 'skins at home will be an easy task though and you're right we have no idea who will win. I am fairly confident in this team though after that performance in week 1. Should be a good game.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
The Texans have rarely followed a huge emotional win with anything other than a letdown game so I can understand the Redskins fans expecting one. We've also never beaten them (only played them twice) so they don't see us much and expect to win.

My only real concern is that their offensive coordinator knows us inside and out. I expect them to look and play a lot better against us than they did against Dallas. I still think we win. I expect it in fact. If we lose to Washington then we take a step back. We need to beat the Redskins and come home to play Dallas with the intensity that we had against the Colts. Nothing less than 3-0 will please me at this point.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Win, Texans have more talent.

Have to show up to play for 2 wks in a row for the 1st time.

This is a new yr and a new Texans team with a new attitude. = Texans win.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
:facepalm: Redskins fans!

I'm not even going to bother with posting there this week. Those guys are off the top. :lol:

b0ng

Bad Hombre
Heh, they found the motherships main board and are basing their opinions of Texans fans off of "those guys".

Either way though I'm worried about the game just because it's the Texans and I'll be damned if the Texans don't drop games they should win like. . . all the time.

But if they keep the intensity they had on Sunday throughout the year holy ****. Not too many teams can stand up to us when we are playing that well without one of our main cogs on defense.

My opinion of the Redskins is that they are a much improved team. They looked like total mess against the cowboys but that is ok. I will not overlook them. It will be a tough game in Washington. Saying that, there complaining about what were saying. Were going off a win against the most overrated team in the NFL. If the Redskins play like they did Monday night, we will win by atleast 14 points. Washington is not better than the Colts or any where near it.

Running game- edge Houston
Passing game- edge Houston
Run defense-edge Houston
Secondary-I think we have an underrated secondary, your always going to look bad when Peyton is throwing 50 times- edge Redskins
Return-I cant make the call, because I have not seen there return game but I have faith in Jacoby Jones. EVEN for now
Coaching- edge Redskins

I think we should win the game, it will be tough, but our team is much more talented, and it appears like our talent will start turning in to wins pretty soon.

Blake

MMQB
We should win this game. 70%. NFC East teams are strong, even when they are #3 or #4 in the division.

Texans win by a touchdown.

BIG TORO

TERADACTYL #23
My opinion of the Redskins is that they are a much improved team. They looked like total mess against the cowboys but that is ok. I will not overlook them. It will be a tough game in Washington. Saying that, there complaining about what were saying. Were going off a win against the most overrated team in the NFL. If the Redskins play like they did Monday night, we will win by atleast 14 points. Washington is not better than the Colts or any where near it.

Running game- edge Houston
Passing game- edge Houston
Run defense-edge Houston
Secondary-I think we have an underrated secondary, your always going to look bad when Peyton is throwing 50 times- edge Redskins
Return-I cant make the call, because I have not seen there return game but I have faith in Jacoby Jones. EVEN for now
Coaching- edge Redskins

I think we should win the game, it will be tough, but our team is much more talented, and it appears like our talent will start turning in to wins pretty soon.

There coaching is the only thing that scares me, we know too much about each other! It will be hard for the pupil to out coach his sensei, that been said I think our team can destroy the skins if we play all 4 quarters.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Just a reminder, but we throttled the Broncos a couple years ago when Shanahan was coaching them.

However, the Redskins have a much better defense than the Broncos did then. We'll see, but this definitely won't be an easy game.

Rey

I do not understand the fears of the Redskins knowing us...

I understand that Kyle was here last year, but this is Rick Dennisons first year with us. We have a new play caller so it's not like they will really know all the plays that we are running.

Frank Bush seems to have added some more to his defense so I'm not too worried about them knowing our defense really well either.

If anything, Kubiak knows more about their playcalling tendencies. He knows what kind of plays Kyle and Mike like to call...Hell Kyle was spitting plays out to him last so he knows what kind of plays he wants to call in certain situations...

To me, the Texans offense looks different from last year. The passing plays are even a little different.

The Redskins offense looked like ours last year without the QB accuracy. I saw quite a few plays that we ran last year. The Shannys will have to change their playcalling tendencies or hope that their team executes really well, because Kubiak knows both of them really well.

Rey

Washington Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan is lucky. His Dallas counterpart, Jason Garrett, was even worse than he was in Washington's 13-7 victory on Sunday.

Two of the NFL's young guns fired a lot of blanks on a woeful offensive night, combining for one offensive touchdown. Garrett sure isn't replacing coach Wade Phillips whenever the Cowboys switch -- at least not after this debacle. Shanahan made a few curious calls, too.

The lights shine bright on night games, and they can burn right through resumes.

Is it Shanahan's fault the Redskins offensive line still stinks despite changing three starters? Is it the coordinator's problem the team still doesn't have a No. 2 receiver or third-down back? Maybe not, but he's supposed to make lemonade out of this.

Shanahan led Houston's offense the past two seasons. The Texans rolled up an NFL-best 4,654 passing yards and were fourth in overall offense in 2009. But his Redskins debut never established any flow after the opening drive.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/nfl/Is-Kyle-Shanahan_s-new-offense-up-to-the-task_-848260-102830999.html#ixzz0zW5Unke4
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/nfl/Is-Kyle-Shanahan_s-new-offense-up-to-the-task_-848260-102830999.html

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
From that article:

On Sunday, Shanahan faces his former team, the Texans. Houston's offensive coordinator is now Rick Dennison, a disciple of Mike Shanahan after spending 14 years on Shanahan's staff.

Houston just upset Indianapolis 34-24 so Kyle Shanahan's old offense is still rocking. Question is, will the new one, too?
Our offense against the Colts was not typical of the Texans. When was the last time we ran so much? That wasn't Kyle's offense on the field Sunday, it was a new one.

If we can win the turnover battle I think we win the game easily. Take care of the ball. The Redskins will make the playoffs this year IMO, but there offense has a ton of work to do.

hradhak

Veteran
I think the issue isn't so much that the Redskins will know our playbook as much as it is that can the Skins call the right plays to counter. It's a testament to Kubiak and the scheme that routinely AJ and JJ and OD are wide open (not all at the same time). It's is very difficult to defend this kind of offense because we spread the field so incredibly well that teams have trouble getting personnel in the right place at the right time.

If we are able to maintain a balanced offense and take what they give us (run if they defend the pass, pass if they blitz us, etc.) we shouldn't have any trouble beating them on offense.

BigBull17

Hall of Fame

Ummm.. Ever hear of our LBs? You know the Former DROY and Pro bowler and reigning DROY? Yes, I know Cushing isn't playing but they are arguably the 2 best LBs out there.

And Ware is a different type of rusher than Mario. Mario is a total package, able to run around you or through you. Williams did look good, but he may be in for a shock.

ubecool454

Veteran
14 points? I'd take the Redskins. No way would Vegas give us that kind fo line. I think we'll win, but not by 2 TDs
Yeah I'm with you....The Redskins play ugly and they have a knack for making other teams play ugly too....Texans 16 Redskins 9.

BigBull17

Hall of Fame
After reading their board, I hope we drop the hammer on them. What a bunch of annoying sacks of wasted flesh. Texas a wasteland...? They did vote a crack head as mayor, right?

Section516

Warrior
The Texans have rarely followed a huge emotional win with anything other than a letdown game so I can understand the Redskins fans expecting one. We've also never beaten them (only played them twice) so they don't see us much and expect to win.

My only real concern is that their offensive coordinator knows us inside and out. I expect them to look and play a lot better against us than they did against Dallas. I still think we win. I expect it in fact. If we lose to Washington then we take a step back. We need to beat the Redskins and come home to play Dallas with the intensity that we had against the Colts. Nothing less than 3-0 will please me at this point.
This is going to be a big test. IMO, the Texans have the best team in the NFL right now. Definitely the best passing attck and now it looks like the running game has reached an elite level too. Their front seven on D is pretty unbelievable as well. If we can beat the Texans we can beat anyone.

Rey

I do not think we'll have a problem beating the Skins. JMO.

I don' think they're offense will do a whole lot, and I think that our offense will have a big game passing the ball. I see Andre having a good game and some long catches.

SkinsHomer

Practice Squad
I think you guys are overconfident. There is no question you have weapons on both sides of the ball that be a welcome addition to any team, but don't sleep on the Skins defense.

If this were a year ago, I'd be dreading this game. The potential you guys bring on the field is huge, and for the most part you execute very well. But the Skins are a different team this year, they're inspired and invigorated.

And remember, you're coming into our house. It's going to be a great game, tough for both sides, and it'll be close. Probably too close for either of our likings.

Rey

I think you guys are overconfident. There is no question you have weapons on both sides of the ball that be a welcome addition to any team, but don't sleep on the Skins defense.

If this were a year ago, I'd be dreading this game. The potential you guys bring on the field is huge, and for the most part you execute very well. But the Skins are a different team this year, they're inspired and invigorated.

And remember, you're coming into our house. It's going to be a great game, tough for both sides, and it'll be close. Probably too close for either of our likings.
I'm probably the only one who could be considered overconfident...

Everyone else seems to be saying it'll be a could game and hoping we don't have a let down.

I don't see a letdown in our future though.

You guys have a better D than the Colts, but the skins offense doesn't scare me at all...

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Yeah, well, for my part what I want and what I expect are two different things. I want to kick yalls ass, what I expect is.....unknown. The Texans have a habit of doing things you don't expect. Being a great team one week and horrible the next is nothing new here.

What yall as Redskins fans have to consider though, is our running game has sucked horribly for a while now. If we find that Foster is the real deal AND we add in last years best passing attack, any defense we play is in for a long day.

hobie

All Pro

I agree with you... and thanks for coming here and not talking s**t... It will be a good game though.. And I guess I should thank the Skins for beating Dallas !!!

SkinsHomer

Practice Squad
I was not impressed at all with Washington. Fat Albert on the side pouting and the Washington Defense looked ok. I say if the Texans can runt he ball like they did yesterday, Washington is in for a long afternoon...
Overconfidence. Foster won't have anywhere near the day he had against the Colts (that said, I loved watching those stats climb, I'm happy for the guy, honestly)

we should win the game by 14+ points. Im ready for a beatdown. People forget Wash went 4-12 last year.
Good arguments for the most part, but still overconfident.

They are really counting on their offensive improving A LOT in a week.
Plus they forget we have Smith and Mario as our bookends as they think Barwin was a starter.

Besides that, they had their Superbowl as well as the Cowboys are their rivals.

I think if we jump out to an early lead, we should win pretty handily
The offense will be better this week. You can bank on that. We know Barwin is not a starter. Mario and Smith are going to have their hands full with Jamaal Brown and Trent Williams, should be really fun to watch. And it will be much to your advantage to get out to an early lead, but you won't win handily.

If we both play like we did last week, no contest.
More overconfidence.

Like I just said, it'll be fun to watch, but Williams handled Ware for the most part, I wouldn't expect an epic performance from Mario. And is Cushing going to play? Nope, so him being DROY is irrelevant.

One game does not a pro-bowler make, but you are all ready to crown Foster "King of the Mountain" The guy is good, but I think he still has a lot to prove. A good performance Sunday against our D to follow up his 231-yard freak show will go a long way towards that.

Just a reminder, but we throttled the Broncos a couple years ago when Shanahan was coaching them.

However, the Redskins have a much better defense than the Broncos did then. We'll see, but this definitely won't be an easy game.
News flash: We're not the Broncos, but at least you came back to Earth at the end :-)

I can't wait for Sunday. I will not say that we're going to kick y'all's ass (as bad as I want to) because I'm not going to get on you guys for being over confident then do it myself. Our offense struggled mightily, and was definitely out of sync against the Cowgirls, but I expect them to be better this week.

BigBull17

Hall of Fame

I think you guys are the ones feeling a little to over confident. You guys are on the right path, but I don't think you are there yet. I think your left tackle is in for a little bit of a shock. I think your wide receivers are a little over-rated. Your D is good, but I think our passing game gets on track this week. We have a tough team, if we play like we did Sunday wee in and week out.

SkinsHomer

Practice Squad
Yeah, well, for my part what I want and what I expect are two different things. I want to kick yalls ass, what I expect is.....unknown. The Texans have a habit of doing things you don't expect. Being a great team one week and horrible the next is nothing new here.

What yall as Redskins fans have to consider though, is our running game has sucked horribly for a while now. If we find that Foster is the real deal AND we add in last years best passing attack, any defense we play is in for a long day.
You're preachin to the choir about being up and down, man, believe me. Your running game has been up and down as well, Slaton isn't exactly garbage and wasn't the last couple years. Foster seems to be an improvement and if it can last and complement that ridiculous passing game, it could be a long day. But I have confidence in our defense.

SkinsHomer

Practice Squad
I think you guys are the ones feeling a little to over confident. You guys are on the right path, but I don't think you are there yet. I think your left tackle is in for a little bit of a shock. I think your wide receivers are a little over-rated. Your D is good, but I think our passing game gets on track this week. We have a tough team, if we play like we did Sunday wee in and week out.
There are homers that think their team is the best team in the NFL on every board, man. But there are some rational thinking, level-headed fans, most are actually.

We are in the same boat, us and you guys, if you think about it. Both teams beat hated division rivals and are still up on cloud 9. Sure, our win was a little less convincing, but it was still a W.

Trent Williams is money. But so is Mario. I think if you think Mario is going to destroy him, that's overconfidence. Ware is a top tier pass rusher and Williams held his ground, I expect him to do the same this Sunday.

Our WRs aren't overrated, we all know we are weak there. Moss would be ideal in the slot, we don't really have a true #1. But we play with what we got.

And you absolutely have a tough team, but I guarantee Sunday won't be a cake walk.

gary

Hall of Fame
McNabb won't be the same I do exspect him to improve each week with his brand new team. The Texans should still win though.

BIG TORO

TERADACTYL #23
There are homers that think their team is the best team in the NFL on every board, man. But there are some rational thinking, level-headed fans, most are actually.

We are in the same boat, us and you guys, if you think about it. Both teams beat hated division rivals and are still up on cloud 9. Sure, our win was a little less convincing, but it was still a W.

Trent Williams is money. But so is Mario. I think if you think Mario is going to destroy him, that's overconfidence. Ware is a top tier pass rusher and Williams held his ground, I expect him to do the same this Sunday.

Our WRs aren't overrated, we all know we are weak there. Moss would be ideal in the slot, we don't really have a true #1. But we play with what we got.

And you absolutely have a tough team, but I guarantee Sunday won't be a cake walk.
I don't think any of think it will be a cake walk, and we all have our fears, but for the most part we feel that if we play with full intensity all four quarters we will be triumphant, but any thing can happen on any given sunday!

Lol. Your defense front looked good, but I wasn't all that impressed with your defensive backfield and safety situation.

And, why is it that you can say nice things about your team, but when we say nice things about our team, it is "overconfident"?

No offense, but you come off as if you know nothing about our passing game. We are top shelf in that area. That's not overconfident, that's a fact.

Your defense faced a VERY weak Dallas offense on Sunday.

Rey

I don't think T.Williams will be able to handle M.Williams...

Mario did have 2 less sacks than Ware last year, but Mario is much stronger against the run, and he looks like he is healthy this year...

Add that to the fact that McNabb tends to hold the ball longer than Manning, and I think that we will get some sacks as a team...Whether or not Mario gets any, I dunno...But I think that the pressure will be there...

Really could care less if Mario individually dominates.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man

You guys do realize the Texans move Mario around from time to time. He'll play the strong side a few snaps too. Mario is an all around beast, he is fantastic in run support to boot! I don't doubt your rookie LT is the real deal, but he's still a rookie.

I don't think it'll be a cakewalk. It's going to be a very tough game on the road. I feel good about what are team can do but I am still a little nervous as we have lacked consistency over the long haul since the inception of the franchise. I hope that changes this season, it sure looked like the end of last season and beating the pats with possible playoff implications on the line like we turned a corner in that regard. But it's just too early to tell and definitely too early to get cocky.

The Skins/cowpie game was not an impressive victory by any stretch of the imagination, but none of that matters. A W is a W and you never know in the NFL. I have seen teams (including our own) look flat, terrible, and play outright embarassing and then turn around a week later and light it up. There are no gimmes, not even against the Raiders since JR was cut.

I expect a hard fought game from both teams. I expect the Skins to come out hungry and play hard. I think Shanny Sr and Jr want to put their stamp on this game and they will have their team ready to go. However, I do like our chances, I am foaming at the mouth to see our team play with the intensity they did against the dolts. They just look like they have a whole new mindset out there, I want to see more of that!

Lastly, welcome to the forum, thanks for contributing.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
Things we didn't see from the offense last week that I fully expect to see this week. Screen passes, to either the RB or the quick hitter to AJ (Hall cannot tackle for ****). Either KW or a TE working the seams, work the safties and the ILBs. More crossing routes and slants, if Wash is going to blitz use the vacated space and let AJ and JJ gather up the YAC.

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame

Your D may be better than the Colts' D, but the Cowboys were running the ball fine against you guys (getting five yards a carry). For some reason, Wade and Garrett decided to stop running the ball. Your offense doesn't scare me either. How long has it been since the offense has scored an offensive TD for you guys? McNabb is a step slower, there is a group of over the hill running backs, and outside of Cooley and Santana Moss (who would be the number two WR on Houston), the receiving group in Washington is not existent.

The only thing that really worries me is how the Texans do against a 3-4 defense. I doubt the Texans will have a letdown game though. Especially with the Shanahan's on Washington. Houston knows what up. If anything, the next letdown game for Houston will be the Raider game.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
I bet Foster doesn't get 100 yds. in this game (not that he always has to), but we still win it by 3 to 7. Trying to stop our offense, if they get a lead, will be like us in the past trying to stop Manning....except, if they load up on DBs, THEN Foster surely will burn them.

I suspect Schaub will put up Manning like numbers in receiving yards (maybe even more), but throw a pick or two, or at least take a few sacks. In the end, we will just outscore them in an ugly game.

Then, we DESTROY Dallas. :)

SkinsHomer

Practice Squad
Lol. Your defense front looked good, but I wasn't all that impressed with your defensive backfield and safety situation.

And, why is it that you can say nice things about your team, but when we say nice things about our team, it is "overconfident"?

No offense, but you come off as if you know nothing about our passing game. We are top shelf in that area. That's not overconfident, that's a fact.

Your defense faced a VERY weak Dallas offense on Sunday.
One of our starting safeties is out with a sprained knee, Kareem Moore. In his place is Reed Doughty, who hits hard, is a sure tackler, but not that great in coverage unfortunately. We weren't impressed either, believe me. But we feel like we have talent back there.

I wasn't trying to say that every nice thing you guy say about your team is overconfidence, I think saying you'll win handily, by 2 TDs, that Foster will explode again, etc...I think that stuff is over confidence. I haven't said anything like that.

I know enough about your passing game. Schaub is fantastic, I've always liked him and was thrilled when he got out from behind Vick to start somewhere. In Madden 06, I traded for him to be my franchise QB and benched Jason Campbell. And no one is sleeping on Andre Johnson or the rest of your receivers/TEs. We all know you're dangerous.

I wouldn't call Dallas's defense weak, either. I thought they were overrated as a team coming into the season, but they're still good. Ware is not overrated, Brooking is not overrated.

Blake

MMQB
2006: The Washington Redskins defeated the Houston Texans by the score of 31-15.

2010: The Houston Texans defeated the Washington Redskins by the score of 24-14.

SkinsHomer

Practice Squad
You guys do realize the Texans move Mario around from time to time. He'll play the strong side a few snaps too. Mario is an all around beast, he is fantastic in run support to boot! I don't doubt your rookie LT is the real deal, but he's still a rookie.

I expect a hard fought game from both teams. I expect the Skins to come out hungry and play hard. I think Shanny Sr and Jr want to put their stamp on this game and they will have their team ready to go. However, I do like our chances, I am foaming at the mouth to see our team play with the intensity they did against the dolts. They just look like they have a whole new mindset out there, I want to see more of that!

Lastly, welcome to the forum, thanks for contributing.
Move him to the strong side, we have a legit pro-bowler on that side in Jamaal Brown. I'm not saying Mario won't have any success, but he's got an uphill battle all day.

But you're exactly right and I think we're on the same page here. It's going to be a good, tough game and I'm really excited to see how the Skins adjust from the Dallas game and how you guys come out after the impressive Colts game. And thanks for the welcome.

Things we didn't see from the offense last week that I fully expect to see this week. Screen passes, to either the RB or the quick hitter to AJ (Hall cannot tackle for ****). Either KW or a TE working the seams, work the safties and the ILBs. More crossing routes and slants, if Wash is going to blitz use the vacated space and let AJ and JJ gather up the YAC.
Yeah, I don't know if you saw them go to Roy Williams twice on quick screens and Hall stopped him for no gain and a 1 yard gain. Then there's the strip at the end of the half. D Hall is money. Not a bad plan though, considering our weak spot at safety.

Your D may be better than the Colts' D, but the Cowboys were running the ball fine against you guys (getting five yards a carry). For some reason, Wade and Garrett decided to stop running the ball. Your offense doesn't scare me either. How long has it been since the offense has scored an offensive TD for you guys? McNabb is a step slower, there is a group of over the hill running backs, and outside of Cooley and Santana Moss (who would be the number two WR on Houston), the receiving group in Washington is not existent.

The only thing that really worries me is how the Texans do against a 3-4 defense. I doubt the Texans will have a letdown game though. Especially with the Shanahan's on Washington. Houston knows what up. If anything, the next letdown game for Houston will be the Raider game.
They abandoned the run because they were behind. That's fine though, you can sleep on the offense as much as you want, brother. I think you'll be surprised at what you see on Sunday. McNabb makes our WRs better. And of course Moss would be #2 in Houston, everyone would be #2 in Houston haha. Portis is just barely 29, that's not quite over the hill. He's getting there, believe me, but he's still got juice in the tank.

One of our starting safeties is out with a sprained knee, Kareem Moore. In his place is Reed Doughty, who hits hard, is a sure tackler, but not that great in coverage unfortunately. We weren't impressed either, believe me. But we feel like we have talent back there.

I wasn't trying to say that every nice thing you guy say about your team is overconfidence, I think saying you'll win handily, by 2 TDs, that Foster will explode again, etc...I think that stuff is over confidence. I haven't said anything like that.

I know enough about your passing game. Schaub is fantastic, I've always liked him and was thrilled when he got out from behind Vick to start somewhere. In Madden 06, I traded for him to be my franchise QB and benched Jason Campbell. And no one is sleeping on Andre Johnson or the rest of your receivers/TEs. We all know you're dangerous.

I wouldn't call Dallas's defense weak, either. I thought they were overrated as a team coming into the season, but they're still good. Ware is not overrated, Brooking is not overrated.
I never called Dallas' defense weak. I called their offense weak.

No one is saying that Foster will peel off 200 yards again. We know anything is possible. We are cautiously optimistic. But, you seem really assured that your supposedly-great defense and loud stadium are going to carry the day for you. It won't. You guys have holes on your team just like we do.

gary

Hall of Fame
Here we go. The Texans are clearly better on paper and should beat the Skins this Sunday. Blame McNabb for being slower or with a new team its hard to tell but I doubt he is going to be all world like in a matter of just one week. Our air attack is one of the best in the entire NFL and probably pretty close to the best in the league. We seem to have found our RB and some blocking to go a long with it let's hope so. Its not going to be a blowout this Sunday although you never know. I won't count on one but I do see a win for the Texans. The key this debate is which Texans team will show up but if the proper one comes to play that would not spell good news for Washington you can bank on that.

Here we go. The Texans are clearly better on paper and should beat the Skins this Sunday. Blame McNabb for being slower or with a new team its hard to tell but I doubt he is going to be all world like in a matter of just one week. Our air attack is one of the best in the entire NFL and probably pretty close to the best in the league. We seem to have found our RB and some blocking to go a long with it let's hope so. Its not going to be a blowout this Sunday although you never know. I won't count on one but I do see a win for the Texans. The key this debate is which Texans team will show up but if the proper one comes to play that would not spell good news for Washington you can bank on that.
Co-sign. And that's not being "overconfident." lol.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
The key this debate is which Texans team will show up but if the proper one comes to play that would not spell good news for Washington you can bank on that.
Exactly. If the "good" Texans show up, Washington doesn't have what it takes to stop us. If the other guys show up, well, expect a lot of cursing here. LOL