Looking ahead to Indianapolis Colts:

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Sep 10, 2006.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I'd like to compare them to the Colts:

QB: Indy
    RB: Eagles
    WRs: Indy by a long shot
    OL: Indy
    DL: Push. Although Indy's DL is much younger, and probably better at pass rush
    LB: Indy again
    Secondary: Push I guess

Is anyone else very nervous about this? We are up for a VERY rough week. Indy's OL is better, their QB is better, and their WR corps is better than the Iggles. Imagine what Payton will do with 8 seconds in the pocket. Ouch

2. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Mathis is going to have a field day!

But our D played Manning well last time so lets hope! I remember one year they had to make a last 1:00 comeback to beat us. I'll have hope but Im not fooling myself.

3. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

That is going to be one nasty game if we don't fix a lot of things quick. Preseason's over.

4. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

We got torched because of Phillies RBs(and of course our abysmal pass rush, but I thought I'd add something new to the debate), few people on this board gave Westbrook any credit, even fewer gave Buckhalter any credit.

5. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Yeah, Philly was good. Also, I think you can make a pretty good case the Philly's O-line is better then Indy's, especially in run blocking. I think we could be able to take away the run and focus on Peyton. Lets see how the Giants play them and if they have any success

6. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

What I think killed us was Philly's ground game. Can Indy do that without Edge? I was actually moer worried about Philly than I am about Indy.

7. gjmac2

gjmac2 Veteran

Are you on crack? You think Indy has a better offensive and defensive line, better Linebackers and the secondary is a push? Dude, you need to wake up, and quit posting dumb comments. :crazy:

Quick, name me any two starters for the colts in their secondary? I know who Brian Dawkins, Michael Lewis and Lito Shepard are. Who is in the Colts secondary?

The Colts are good because they run their system to perfection, and they have a QB who knows how to exploit defenses. The Colts defense is "good" because the Colts offense makes the other team one dimensional.

8. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

If our D is aggressive I think we will look much better against the Colts. I hope that Smith called contain so many times, because he didn't want to let McNabb out of the pocket, but Manning is less mobile so I am hoping, more like on my knees praying that he will be fearless and let our guys pin their ears back and take the chance. Make Manning at least work for his passes.

9. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

I'm inclined to think that was it, remember earlier in the week the defensive players said that they had to practice for Donovan McNabb differently because they needed to contain him.

10. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Hahaha are you kidding me?

Freeney and Mathis are pass rushing animals! Corey Simon was great laast year too.

Bob Sanders and Michael Doss are maybe the best Safety combination in the league, their DBs aren't bad, and June, their LB, was also a monster.

They had 3 players selected to the 2005 probowl on defense. You wake up.

11. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

i say pman drops 320 and and 3 td's on our secondary.

12. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

you need to shut your mouth already, and stop lookin at things to negative, your pissin me off and a whole bunch of other people already

13. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Calm down, he's allowed his opinion, no matter how wrong it might be.

Note: There is no such thing as a wrong opinion, its just a joke.

14. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

I hope Carr keeps AJ involved next week like he did today .

15. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Freeney is a BUST!!! He's getting shut out!!!!

:rolleyes:

16. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Manning looks at least a little human

17. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

The Colts are a better team offensively than the Eagles, they are strong on D too but not as strong as the Eagles D is IMO. The Texans traditionally play poorly over the stretch against the Colts, and the Broncos haven't faired too well against them in the recent past either. I think the Colts will take this one convincingly, although our run game will look modestly better. The crying over MW will get worse before it gets better, IMO.

18. gjmac2

gjmac2 Veteran

I will give you that Freeney and Mathis were great pass rushers last year. But the Colts picked up Corey Simon from who? Anyone? That's right, the Eagles, and the last time I checked, the Eagles aren't to bad at pass rushing themselves. They just had a lot of injuries last year.

Sanders and Doss the best Safety combination in the league? No way are they better than Dawkins and Lewis of the Eagles. The Redskins and Steelers also have better Safties, just to name a few. Add to that the fact that the Eagles secondary is so good it allows them to blitz like crazy.

19. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

Maybe you just need a new team? And that goes for the rest of the naysayers...leave please, I love my koolaid and rose colored glasses, and I don't apologize to anyone for being a Homer....just find a team that pleases ya, cause apparently this one ain't gonna cut it for ya...have a nice day :)

20. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

P.S. We didn't suck today. :wild: