LOOK - It's ONE GAME...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DerekLee1, Sep 8, 2008.

1. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

I'm just as upset as the next guy, but it's ONE GAME. Pittsburgh has the best, most aggressive defense in the NFL. They threw things at the Texans that this team has never seen. And with a rookie left tackle and a rookie RB taking the majority of snaps with our guys, facing a defense like that has "BRUTAL" written all over it. A loss is a loss, whether it's by 35 or 1. Just like a win is a win.

So suck it up, consider it a valuable learning experience for our young guys, and stop being quitters and fairweather fans. The team needs your support against Baltimore this weekend because they have a couple of nasty road games coming up for us. GET BEHIND THEM AND LIGHT THE FIRE UNDER THEM. Let this ass-kicking be the wakeup call that it needs to be, and we'll return the drubbing in the playoffs.

The good news is that our division looks vulnerable. Indy's offensive line is banged up and weak, and Peyton looks gimpy, rusty, and timid. VY is out for a few weeks, and we won't be facing him when we visit Tennessee. The Jags lost an offensive lineman to a tragic gun attack in the offseason, another in a preseason injury, and two more in the opener. That run game will NOT be what we saw last season.

We are primed to make some noise in this division and shake things up, so we need to pick up our embarrassed arses and show this team we have their backs no matter what. Did you guys SEE San Francisco's empty end zone seating for their home opener? That's just shameful. I don't want to be THOSE guys.

GuerillaBlack likes this.
  2. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I got the same feeling yesterday that we might be going backwards again. I mean I just feel that we are the Lions of the AFC South every single freaking year and what makes it worse is that I live next to a Titans fan. I mean I f'ing hate the Titans!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
  3. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

I don't see many on this board being quitters and fairweather fans.

I see pissed-off die-hards that demand something better.

That game sucked, and I am going to say it sucked.

4. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

Yeah it sucked, but you had to expect a beat down. I did. Even so, I didn't think it would determine the rest of the season. The screaming banshees are out of control. The OP is correct--it's just one game.

MOVE ON!

5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

my concern is Weaver is getting paid alot of jack and what we have seen is 1 sack in 2 years plus one game

He averages about the same am't of tackles as he did in Baltimore but getting to the QB is almost non-existant

14.5 sacks in 4 years at baltimore... here 2 years 1.0

now i understand that he didn't have mario the first year , and I understand that this is one game and he drops into coverage .. but if Mario get doubled and tripled team and someone on the other side of the line can't get in.. we are in some serious trouble.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=3580

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

well for a "knocking on the door" potential playoff team (hence knocking on the door part) .. we may be beat but not in the fashion that we did

7. KEYE SUX

KEYE SUX Veteran

I did not expect a win but I expected us to at least be in the game. By the way a loss is not always just a loss and a win is not only just a win. If we went to Pitt and showed heart but lost we build confidence and can gather some momentum to carry us through the next couple games. Now we have to worry about the psyche of the team and hope that they can forget about this one game, grow a sack, and hand the ravens a thrashing. Are you telling me that a win over the dolphins is the same as a win over the colts?

8. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Exactly.

I would be OK with just a loss.

It's how we lost. No heart. That worries me.

9. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

Several that post on this board, that have tickets to the game, will show up and back our team.

Hell, I know some that will tailgate with Ike engulfing Reliant!

Don't worry DerekLee, we will hear a different tune throughout TT.com when the Texans give us a good outing this Sunday. I am counting on Mario and several others to show up and welcome Flacco to the NFL.

10. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

NO HEART???

We just got beat. You don't have such a long injury list and scores later in the game with no heart.

This team has tons of heart and fight. They just ran into a full speed train in Pittsburgh.

11. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I voted in the poll on this board that the Steelers would win by a little. I did everything I could to convince myself that would be the case prior to the game. But when I left work on Friday, I told my co-worker we were going to get owned. And we did.

Sure, it's just one game, but it's a continuation of the way things have been. We have no running game, and we have no defense. Until we get those two things, we're going to continue to lose against good teams and be inconsistent against mediocre and bad teams. We're not ready to take that next step.

12. KEYE SUX

KEYE SUX Veteran

If he pulls a run on us like he did against Cincy...man that was ugly. Now THAT was a bad defense. My prediction is Mario will have 3 sacks and another FF.

13. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Where I saw heart was on the Steelers D after Mario caused the forced fumble. The Steelers dug deep and came out swinging.

Where was our heart? In that big open spot in the middle of the field?

14. KEYE SUX

KEYE SUX Veteran

We scored against their backups and still only looked ok at best against them.

15. junior

junior Veteran

16. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

Blame it on scheme, coaching, conditioning, preparation or mis-execution....

There will never be a lack of heart on this team.

You think are guys were laying down?

17. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

I think you may be misreading me.

I don't think they are lying down. But I don't think they played as hard as the are capable of (obviously).

I think they need more fire in their belly's.

Show up and make it a game, no matter who the opponent is.

18. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

Depending on where ike goes we might not even have a game this sunday ................

19. GNTLEWOLF

GNTLEWOLF All Pro

This is so true.... I don't think anybody really expected us to win this one, but for our team to look like some class 1-a girls jv volley ball team is a total embarrassment and might just be a harbinger of a long season.

20. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

The Sky is Falling! LOL

Actually, the sky is not falling at all. Folks, it's simple. We are a somewhat middle of the pack team, not a loser anymore. We got our asses handed to us by one of the elite teams in the NFL. So what? That's life in the NFL.

As others have pointed out, we do have our weak spots and we aren't going to the playoffs this year, but that doesn't mean we are going 2-14 again and also doesn't mean we are gonna be 5-2 at the bye.

What it means is probably anywhere from a 7-9 to a 9-7 season. At least it looks like the hurricane is going to miss us, so now we can concentrate on beating the Ravens. Go Texans! :fans:

ObsiWan likes this.