Longhorn Network's 5 New Shows: Why No One Will Watch Them

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Stemp, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

2. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

How many college football games are going to be shown on LHN?

3. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

gonna be some interesting information released sunday night about this network if anyone is curious.. guy named @spadilly on twitter did some FOIA requests and has some documents he's gonna share with the public

gonna get real interesting real fast if its actual big news...

4. c10x

c10x Veteran

What are you implying?

5. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

I'm not implying anything; I'm saying that on sunday a guy named @spadilly is going to release information he found about the network, ut-austin, espn, and Img that hasn't been released publicly.. that's all I know so far, but i'll be tuning in to see what he's got

6. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it kinda funny watching the UT fans squirm or act like the Iraqi Information minister.

jjohns1 likes this.
  7. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I think most Longhorn fans think that LHN is a lame idea. I know I do.

jjohns1 likes this.
  8. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

9. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

From what I got out of that, is that Texas got a great deal on their hands. You being an A&M guy who hates Texas is mad about it, because it makes them stronger and gives them certain advantages. Is this deal with ESPN good for the overall conference of the BIG 12?? Probably not. Sounds like you should be angry with the system and how it operates though, not with the school who found a way to take advantage of it to their benefit. If the NCAA and the BCS had policies in place that made it more fair for everyone in your eyes, then this doesn't create these advantages. The fact is if A&M had the draw that Texas does and was able to develop the same type of revenue that Texas can, then Texas A&M would have done this as well. They just don't and you're angry about it because you hate Texas and are a fan of another team in the BIG 12. Again though, you should be blaming the system of college football and how it's set up. Not the schools that find ways to benefit from it.

10. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Where do you even get the slightest bit of anger or hate from Pbat's posts in this thread? Did you get into a spat with an Aggie about this somewhere else? Because it really seems like you're projecting something onto him in this case.

PS, don't read Texags, it will make your head explode.

11. Texecutioner

Maybe from the dozens of other threads where him and a few others in here have taken shots at Texas and their fans multiple times in here.

I wouldn't, just as I don't enjoy reading Orangebloods.com I can't stand listening to some of UT's fans either.

12. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

ahh, texecutioner, why do you get so angry about my posts?! I think you're just mad that I think ufc/mma is super gay and that I support a&m.

as for your response, first off, I don't hate longhorns like you think I do. two out of what I consider my three best friends are longhorns. you could say I hate the arrogance longhorn fans show, but it's not a big deal as all fanbases have their own respective negatives. seriously though, go back through this thread here and read it. I posted numerous times during a very contentious period and I don't think I ever hated or demonstrated hatred towards the longhorns as you seem to believe. feel free to check through other posts in that forum as well; i'm sure there's some where i've made fun of them but never downright hated.

now, as to what perturbs me from this information being released isn't the fact that ut-austin is going to get a boatload of cash for this, that was a given and they already made way more than anyone else anyways, it's the way that the longhorn leaders have been so deceptive in their public statements on the subject. here's a quote from the blog I posted earlier demonstrating what I mean..

another reason why this information is upsetting to me doesn't have anything to do with longhorns but has to do with my disappointment in the a&m leadership (board of regents, loftin, byrnes, etc) for not foreseeing this happening. when it was announced the conference was staying together and the longhorn network was going to become a reality, I knew then that it would be the end of the Big XII eventually, I just didn't know how soon it would come to be.

after reading this information, it's clear that the endgame for the longhorns is going to be independence and that's fine. I, and i'm sure some other a&m fans, don't care too much about that. I've stated before and still believe that schools should lookout for themselves first and foremost, and I believe ut-austin did while a&m didn't.

at the end of all of this though, I hope and believe that a&m will eventually end up in the SEC. the Big XII is a sitting duck of a conference that will break up at some point and trigger a realignment craze like last summer, it's just a matter of when and not how in my opinion now.

Ole Miss Texan likes this.
  13. jjohns1

jjohns1 Rookie

lmao @ back n fourth... horns on top n every1 made about it!!

hook em!

14. Dan B.

Dan B. Hall of Fame

Psst.. Nobody tell @spadilly, but the UIL is already owned by the University of Texas. It was founded by UT and has been run for 100 years by UT:

http://www.uiltexas.org/about

15. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

here's an aggie grad who's an attorney thoughts on the network and the information from the documents..

I'm much more in line with this guys thoughts than I think texecutioner or others might seem to believe I am, especially his synopsis near the end.

http://marooncarrot.blogspot.com/

and sidenote..

dude, texags is the best!! how do you not love that site?! the hilarious people cloud out the complete idjits that post there so it's enjoyable for me. plus looch's stuff is top notch.

16. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

Websider is much more enjoyable as an A&M fan, with as good or better info. Plus David has been spot on with his insider info on realignment, from both A&M and SEC sources.

17. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

The article was worth reading for this alone....

:lol:

18. Texecutioner

I think you mistake amusement for anger.

Why would any Longhorn fan get angered by what Aggies fans have to say? Be realistic here.

Man, sorry you're missing out.

I've read through enough threads to make my own determination on that.

What do you want or expect them to say.

The Big XII needs to end. I'd like to see that happen as soon as possible.

From what I hear that is starting to change and A&M alums are getting really tired of being a doormat and are wanting to do something about it. I hope they do. I like it when A&M is competitive.

They should have gone when they had the chance then. But why the SEC? You think they're having trouble competing now, and they really become irrelevant. I don't think the SEC would be the right move. I think the BIG 10 would me much smarter for them.

19. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

1) possibly; but I think you're just passive aggressive, not amused.

2) hahahahahahahaha, dear god, get off your high horse guy.

[​IMG]

3) nope, a good friend of mine is real into it and made me go to one of the events in houston in like '07 or '06 and it was the worst. more douchers were there than go out on washington now.

4) fair enough.

5) I want and expect them to tell the truth. they instead chose to lie and shift blame to the ESPN official because they were too cowardly to have their true intentions revealed to the public.. still don't wanna look like the bad guy for the eventual dissolution of the big XII.

6) hey! we agree on something!

7) yeah, i'm tired of being a freaking doormat!

except.. no. just.... no. i'm gonna guess you're about 25-27 years old, so if being a doormat is going 15 - 12 in your estimated lifetime against the high and mighty horns, then i'll take being a doormat. also, athletic department smack!.

8) when have I ever said I think we're having trouble competing in the big XII? that's just ridiculous and would've probably been more relevant from '03-'07ish but seriously, we have the best athletic department in the big XII as of right now, and I don't think there's any denying that*.

as for the big 10, I'd like it from a money standpoint, but realistically it's not a fit. those places are dying, while the south is where the country as a whole is moving. also, we have little natural rivalry with many of those schools. the SEC is where we should be. (as a sidenote, I've noticed many longhorn/tech/baylor fans think we're a terrible fit for the SEC, and I'd really like to understand why. we're not talking about how "we're gonna get the shit knocked out of us by vandy!! hahaha hook 'em, yeah!!!! *high fives* who wants to go to oil can harry's?!" queries that are normally brought up, but rather about the cultural fit in the conference. get back to me on that).

* logically

9) now I have my own question that stemmed from my last response! why are the longhorns so afraid of texas a&m going to the SEC?!

20. MadBurgerMaker

MadBurgerMaker Rookie

If Texas A&M is going to go to the SEC, they need to go now. This continuous cycle of WE'RE LEAVING WE REALLY ARE THIS TIME OKAY MAYBE NOT JUST YET BUT WE WILL SOON bullshit is getting old.