Longest losing streak in NFL

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JCTexan, Nov 11, 2013.

1. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

With the Bucs & Jags winning this week, the Houston Texans now have the longest current losing streak in the NFL at 7 games. FML. :gun:

2. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

all that hard work to only be 1 game infront of the Jags and Bucs at this point.

fml

3. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

He'll yeah!!! This seven game losing streak goes great with the five straight games with a pick six. Now if only bullock can get back his consistency of missing field goals that would be an awesome hat trick!!

4. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

I think we should officially count the blocked FG. It was another missed opportunity while he was on the field.

One thing's for sure, it's going to be super easy to blame 2013 on Schaub and Bullock. I really can't see that anyone else blew their opportunities and royally screwed their team like those two dip****s.

The streak ends this weekend though. I think we'll beat the Raiders at home.

5. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

Who stood by MS for all those games letting him derail the team, the season and his job?

chicagotexan2 likes this.
  6. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

uhh didn't the lions go 0-16 and I don't know what they did in the pre season or the season before that leading up to 0-16

7. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

losing streak THIS season......................NOT all time.

8. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

Yeah, I think the blame is spread across the board(excluding JJ and Andre). It's a hell of a lot easier to blame tweedle dee and tweedle dumbazz on this one.

Even though "it all starts with him", the head coach did have us in some games before the aforementioned duo took us out of them.

9. qqert

qqert All Pro

i blame the fans, and you all for not seeing this coming.
    i mean, i had pompoms rady coz yall said we were going to the supabowl?

10. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Kubiak is on the bubble; he needs to come back and show something, but he did make the call to start Keenum and sit Schaub, albeit just a little late.

Fire Marciano in the offseason.

Fire Bulluck in the offseason.

J-Jo is on the bubble; so is K-Jax.

Fire Reed. Fire him again. Leave a message firing him a third time, just to make sure.

Keep Phillips, but don't make him the HC. It's not that he would suck, he's just not the one.

Cut Newton.

Get ready to replace Tate.

Foster is on the bubble starting with next training camp. It's not lack of effort, but if he can't stay healthy, he's gone. We might need SEVERAL RBs.

Replace Wade Smith before he has arthritis.

Replace Antonio Smith in the offseason. It's time.

Consider spending a 1st rounder on a MLB. We need 2 Cushings, so one of them will be healthy.

Get an OLB to replace Reed. It shouldn't be hard; oh, btw, cut Reed.

Give Swearinger a raise (not really, but he deserves it) & put Manning on notice.

McCain is on notice as well. In fact, just cut McCain. I'm tired of that crap. Give his spot to Harris and put him on notice too.

On the back-burner: I sure wish we had a huge NT...

Side-note: Somebody get Duane B. hooked on Monster drinks or something. Dude needs his energy back.

drs23 likes this.
  11. Pollardized

Pollardized Division Champ

None of that matters if they continue to run Kubiak's tired old out of date offense. It just doesn't work any more. The NFL is a passing league now, not a running league like he has always preached the Texans to be.

12. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Longest losing streak in team history if I'm not mistaken.

Silver lining? Good draft to suck. Should get quality players if Smith doesn't wet the bed.

13. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

I dont agree with that, we can still be a running team, if we run the ball and eat up 6-7 minutes off the clock on every drive, then the other team cant score that much and our defense is well rested and the odds of stopping the opposing Offense are way better.

2 seasons ago we were running it down teams throats, hell even last year we were, this season foster hasnt really been healthy. I dont buy into the you cant run because its a passing league BS.

14. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Something he has yet to show in the 7 plus years he has been here?

15. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

He's gotten to 11-5 & 12-4 with Matt freaking Schaub. He's even won a playoff game with TJ Yates. I don't just love everything about Kubiak, but this is just one season, blown mostly by a QB who just lost it. I'm not going to cry a river if Kubiak gets replaced, but I don't think I'd pull the trigger just yet.

The Pencil Neck likes this.
  16. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

:lol:

Good one.

17. Bulls on Parade

Bulls on Parade Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be shocked if the Texans lose these final seven games and finish the 2013 season 2-14 with 14 losses in a row. That will likely net us the first overall pick in the 2014 draft. I must admit, that wouldn't be a bad thing since our playoff hopes already faded weeks ago.

These next two home games against the Raiders and Jaguars will tell the story. The Texans will be heavily favored to win both games. The Texans are already -7 against the Raiders and will probably be -13.5 or so against the Jaguars, but if we end up losing these two games that will make us the new frontrunners for the top pick.

We currently own the 4th overall pick at 2-7. Looks like 2005 all over again, Mr. Bob McNair. I never expected this 2013 season to fall apart so fast. I don't want to blame anybody. Coaching staff or players. It is what it is. Injuries in particular derailed us.

But it's no big deal. We can reload in a deep draft class and get some healthy bodies back (Arian Foster and Brian Cushing). And bingo, we're a 14-2 team in 2014. We can become the first team in NFL history to go from 2-14 to 14-2 in one year. Assuming we can lose out the rest of the way like I kind of expect.

18. Bulls on Parade

Bulls on Parade Hall of Fame

Agreed. We're going to go 2-14 this year. Brace yourself guys. But Gary Kubiak isn't going to be fired. Most of us will actually be happy having that first overall pick in the 2014 draft. A good draft can replenish a lot of our weaknesses as a team. I expect to go 14-2 in 2014 and make a run at the Super Bowl. We just need to stay healthy. Knock on wood.

19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yep. Even the worst season (so far) - 2005 at 2-14 - never had a 7 game losing streak.

20. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Exactly!!! Just what the Chiefs did this year. Who knows a regime change might even happen, but the bottom line is that this team has plenty of talent currently, with a smart draft and we bounce back next year. Misfire and We're looking at some cruel and unusual punishment for the foreseeable future.