LMAO

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by steelbtexan, Jun 8, 2019.

1. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Can we all agree the Texans org is a clusterfvck?

Lovin me some Texans org.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  2. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

It does appear so.

NastyNate likes this.
  3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Remember what I said back in 2010. Nothing has changed.

Texian likes this.
  4. H_Town_Gaucho

H_Town_Gaucho Rookie

Well...we went through 20 quarterbacks in 5 years and ended up with a good one. Maybe they think this can also work with the General Manager position?

5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

The Godfather is returning.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  6. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

That **** ain't funny. I'll boycott football if ricky comes back.

7. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

In terms of GOT, this just feels like Ramsey Bolton stabbed his dad. Call OB what you will but he seems to have a knack for inhouse maneuvering and politics.

8. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Putting you on ignore lasted less than a day since we have actual news!

I’m disappointed in team. Unless Gaine did something awful/non football related to lose his job. It’s one thing if they fired OB because a demonstrably better coach became available (The guy in NE, Reid, Carroll as examples).

But there is no such replacement clearly available at GM. Gaine had a vision for what he was building and though there were valid reasons to pan the inactivity this offseason his track record thus far (2018 draft haul without 1/2 picks) had earned him more leeway than a sudden firing.

9. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Agreed, but there are better guys out there.

McCloughan/Savage/Wolf/Cesario just to name a few.

Question is who would want to come to work for this dysfunctional franchise?

10. TheRealJoker

McGloughan has had time in the GM role but he’s got off field issues making him unreliable. Not demonstrably better (unless of course we find out Gaine had off field issue).

Rest haven’t been given opportunity to prove they are demonstrably better. That would be like firing OB for a hot shot coordinator who has never been a HC. May work out... may not.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Unreliable? He's built 2 championship quality teams, that's what I want down on Kirby. I really dont care what people do in their personal lives. I just care about the results on Sunday's. It's why they keep score.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  12. TheRealJoker

His 49er teams as GM were 7-9 and 8-8 then 6-10 the year after he was dismissed. They did turn around when Harbaugh arrived though in 2011.

Seahawks teams did great but he wasn’t GM. John Schneider is one of the best GMs in the league and unavailable for good reason.

When he was GM of Redskins they went 9-7 and 8-7-1 and after dismissal back to back 7-9 seasons.

Looks like you are a fan of mediocrity as long as they have some off field issue ;)

13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

He was the driving force behind the Harbaugh teams. The guy that found the talent. McCloughan left, then Harbaugh in a lost power struggle to Ballke. That's when the 49ers fell off.

He was the guy that found most of the talent for the Seahawks championship team. He found Wilson for example.

He lost a power struggle to Allen and wasn't there long enough to implement his plan and Allen kept throwing in monkey wrenches. What have the Skins done since McCloughan left?

CWTexansFan likes this.
  14. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

This is incorrect. He had the normal number of picks, 2 were just lower.

BS two ways. 1st he'll never be GM again. You're, most likely intentionally, setting a standard designed for the Texans to fail. Might as well say 'if the Texans were serious rather than cheap they'd buy Belichick from NE.'

2nd McCloughan didn't build either team. He was GM in San Fran for just 2 years and that ended with an 8-8 team that then went 6-10 3 years before they went to the SB. In Seattle he was 3rd man on the personnel totem pole. Yay he was a big Wilson advocate. One player is not a team.

NastyNate, Mr teX and Carr Bombed like this.
  15. TheRealJoker

You can try to give him credit all you want to fit your narrative but I laid out pretty clearly he is undeserving of your lofty praise.

The 49ers had two full offseasons after he left to build Harbaugh’s teams.

He was not the GM of the Seahawks and they are still perennial contenders long after he left. If he was mainly responsible for Wilson and Legion of Boom selections he’d be the GM over there.

What did the Redskins do while he was there other than 9-7? Very Texans-esque sure but not a clear upgrade...

Mr teX likes this.
  16. TheRealJoker

Are you seriously going to say not having the 1/2 pick is a fine scenario to walk into? I know you love arguing semantics but c’mon man ‍♂️

Texas Jake likes this.
  17. infantrycak

Absolutely 100% yes. Why didn't he have a #1? Because it was already on the field in the form of a rookie contract franchise QB. Most new GMs walk in needing a QB. So bottom line Gaine had a 3rd instead of a 2nd. Big fu@kin whoop. Not many new GMs walk into 2 time division winners with a franchise QB. Spare me the pity party over one round.

18. TheRealJoker

2 rounds ;)

NastyNate likes this.
  19. infantrycak

One. The 1st was on the field. The 2nd given up for Oz was replaced with a 3rd.

20. Max

Max Hall of Fame

Cal's putting his stamp on the team, no doubt. It's just too soon to get a sense of what type of owner he's going to be other than different than his dad. So far he's giving the impression (IMO) of impulsive and decisive to get a ring - you're the one person I would have expected to have approved of the move. I'm just hoping that he's only putting his stamp on the team and impulsiveness isn't his M.O.