Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Live Press Conference At 11:30 Am

Feeling giddy and acting like school girls today?

Where ever he was he was assuredly displaying his usual class.

You two :joker: could take lessons.

Carr deserves more respect from supposed Texan fans.

I've been a Carr supporter, he's gone and Schaub is our qb now.

I will now support Schaub, but hurling insults at Carr is just wrong on your part.

:coffee:

You need some cheese with that wine? :victory:

I will now support Schaub, but hurling insults at Carr is just wrong on your part.

Maybe you should lighten up. After all, some people just have no class. They just can't help themselves. It's not their fault.

everyone who is on bob mcnair needs to take a chill pill...the man brought pro football back to houston...as far as i'm concerned he can be the mayor of houston...don't care what he's done...as long as we have the texans we are in debt to him...that's my opinion

schaub after listening to the press conference on 610's audio vault sounds like a stand up guy...the organization has definetly made a bold move that i am hoping pays huge dividends to us

i assume they wouldn't have annouced all of this unless they had some sort of deal close to being done...so i'm thinking oakland or miami

can't wait to see if schaub chooses jersey number 8 or 7

Lighten up dude! We're just having some harmless fun!:) We are ALL texans fan here! They say reality bites!:elmo:

Nick wanted me to tell you that the first annual message board combine will be announced at 11:30. If you can't pass the basic test your posts will all end up in a special forum that is moderated by Second Honeymoon, QB75 and Ibar Harry.

Vinny, you dont want me moderating anything other than my alcohol intake.

Anyways, its a new Era. Let the Schaub Era begin.

Boy it was sweet hearing McNair admit that he made a mistake last year by resigning Carr when all signs pointed to let him go. That gave me hope for him as our owner in the future. If he can admit a mistake perhaps he will learn from one.

BTW - had a chance to sleep on the deal. I think its a good deal. Schaub is better than anyone we could have hoped for in the 2nd Round and next years 2nd Round was the cost for having Atlanta perform the pre-fabrication on The Schaub.

It should work out well and we didnt get hosed with his contract. Only $7 million guaranteed....no poison pill clause...i like the deal and will enjoy a new season of Texans football 100% Carr-Free.....everyone support this guy and hope for the best.

okay dude just one word......"decafe"

:wheel:

I wish I could've heard it....

Sounds like him and Smith really let loose....

No, not really. The highlight was Schaub starting every other answer with "I played golf with Kubiak" or "When I was playing golf with Kubiak". I may be jumping to conclusions, but I think he played a round of golf with Kubiak. :)

Feel free to copy my avatar: "Matt imitating Brad Garrett"

No, not really. The highlight was Schaub starting every other answer with "I played golf with Kubiak" or "When I was playing golf with Kubiak". I may be jumping to conclusions, but I think he played a round of golf with Kubiak. :)

Feel free to copy my avatar: "Matt imitating Brad Garrett"

yeah I think Schaub was trying to get some free rounds of golf or something. after that contract, I hope he can afford some track time at some of the more well-heeled courses without having to be a schill (sic).

The press conference made me pretty damn happy, I must say. It was a costly move but we didnt get bent over a chair or anything. Market value.

What number is Matt Schaub going to have??

I would imagine he will take #7....he should take #10 imho...that would be a statement in itself

he will choose 7 I am sure though. he wore #7 in college and I believe he wore #7 in highschool as well.

I say he should take #10 but he will end up taking #7

I would imagine he will take #7....he should take #10 imho...that would be a statement in itself

he will choose 7 I am sure though. he wore #7 in college and I believe he wore #7 in highschool as well.

I believe #8 will be available soon...not sure if he wants that Karma, though...
:sarcasm:

#@^%$ 10, that's Bartkowski's number. He should take up 19 for a little pysch ops when we roll into Indianapolis.

He's said he wil play with whatever number the Texans give him. Doesn't care what it is. If he takes number 8, all you have to do is rip off the Carr and insert in a new name. The Texans won't do that though. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you bought an entirely new jersey.

dude i don't care what jersey number he picks...that's probably the least important thing in the world...the only thing that matters to me is that him and andre get together everyday possible and throw the ball together...those two need to quickly become best friends on the field...wouldn't hurt to be friends off the field...and develop some sort of a relationship so that schaub can anticipate andre's cuts

He wasn't filming for sure.

Because if he was, the camera would have been locked on a water cup at the start of the conference and then 3 seconds and a fumble later, you have seen nothing but ceiling.

Could Kubiak playing golf with Schaub be construed as tampering?

From NFL.com:
NFL bylaws prohibit "any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL."

I can't believe this. We just broke the bank for this guy and won't get diddley for Carr now. This FO is no better than the former one in this aspect. Somebody let me know where they play cards!!!! I'd love to play some TEXANS Hold 'Em with them.

Ok since you know better, lets say you put all your effort into dealing carr whats to say the falcons will wait for a buyer on Carr (which im pretty sure that the FO has already been shopping Carr since before March 1st with no buyers) when there are at least 5 other teams interested in Shaub? Dealing carr without finding his replacement first is a risk not worth taking. All we have to do is hold on to Carr til draft day, someone will take him and give us something.

From NFL.com:
NFL bylaws prohibit "any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL."
Schaub was a free agent. Restricted, but free agents are free to strike a deal.

“I’ll address the latter question first. First of all, I think everybody up here and everybody in this organization appreciates the contributions that David Carr made to this franchise and to this city. We are working with his representatives and with David to find a place for David to continue his NFL career. Matt is our starting quarterback and we’re trying to help David find another place. We’re trying to trade him in the next couple of days. We feel good about the prospects; David is obviously a talented football player and has value, and I think that value is recognized over the league. So I don’t think we’ll have a problem with that and I think he will be excited about a new opportunity, and we’re hopeful that he will continue have an NFL career and be successful.

"Next couple of days." That's pretty strong.

Bluffing? Or does he have a deal in principle worked out?

I think that he does.

Couple that with McNair's admission about making a mistake by extending him and it sounds like it's all over but the crying.

It wouldn't make sense to talk like that unless you think the coast is clear.

:twocents:

He wasn't filming for sure.

Because if he was, the camera would have been locked on a water cup at the start of the conference and then 3 seconds and a fumble later, you have seen nothing but ceiling.

That is pretty classless and those that are called Carr Homers defend against this because you are not really talking about his football skills. I can only imagine what your co-workers say about you when your back is turned.

Oh well some of yall just have nothing of real substance to add. at least Vinny who is not a Carr fan what so ever shows class 100% with his views.

Even though I am very glad of the trade and the franchise moving in a different direction would not say this classes crap.

No reps coming your way anytime soon!!

From NFL.com:

Uh. No.

The deal was pretty much done by then. The round of golf was more like a get acquainted session.

Ok since you know better, lets say you put all your effort into dealing carr whats to say the falcons will wait for a buyer on Carr (which im pretty sure that the FO has already been shopping Carr since before March 1st with no buyers) when there are at least 5 other teams interested in Shaub? Dealing carr without finding his replacement first is a risk not worth taking. All we have to do is hold on to Carr til draft day, someone will take him and give us something.
And all we had to do was keep quiet about Schaub til then and keep Carr's status uncertain. You should always deal and negotiate from a position of strength, when possible, and the occasional bluff is good. None of us know where the Falcons were on Schaub(they kept quiet about it and INCREASED Schaubs value, IMHO), so that's a valid point. Do you think it's possible that the Falcons sensed our urgency, read the writing on the wall(we haven't exactly been subtle about Carr) and decided to bluff us? Then there's always the "3 way trade" that could've been worked out. The Texans have a history of just giving players AND picks away. Kubes and Smith are both pretty new to their respective positions. I think they got snookered. All we had to do was wit til next year(no, we won't be a playoff team this year) and we could've accomplished the same thing we did today, without giving away multiple draft choices/position. I do this all the time when I negotiate with a company for my sevices. How bad do they need me VS. how bad do I need a jpob at the payrate they're offering. The decisions I make make or cost me 10's of thousands of dollars. Not exactly NFL money, but make well into 6 digits a year, not counting the decimal point(LOL). Do you know any Fettuccini Alfredo? I love that stuff.

“I’ll address the latter question first. First of all, I think everybody up here and everybody in this organization appreciates the contributions that David Carr made to this franchise and to this city. We are working with his representatives and with David to find a place for David to continue his NFL career. Matt is our starting quarterback and we’re trying to help David find another place. We’re trying to trade him in the next couple of days. We feel good about the prospects; David is obviously a talented football player and has value, and I think that value is recognized over the league. So I don’t think we’ll have a problem with that and I think he will be excited about a new opportunity, and we’re hopeful that he will continue have an NFL career and be successful.

looks like the team was waiting to secure another QB officially before they firmed up a deal for Carr. Based on Smith's comments today my best guess is that they have had some talks with some teams and were just making sure they didn't deal him and have to go into the season with Sage only if they couldn't manage to ink a viable replacement in time. Sage could probably do the job but he is not the ideal athlete and isn't nearly as durable as you want in a starter. I don't think he could play a full season without getting injured.

looks like the team was waiting to secure another QB officially before they firmed up a deal for Carr. Based on Smith's comments today my best guess is that they have had some talks with some teams and were just making sure they didn't deal him and have to go into the season with Sage only. Sage could probably do the job but he is not the ideal athlete and isn't nearly as durable as you want in a starter. I don't think he could play a full season without getting injured.

why couldn't we have just proposed the deal to the falcons, and once we knew they approved, wait unitl after we traded carr to officially make the Schaub deal happen?

I think it's he's close to a deal. He has to be motivated to move Carr ASAP, especially before OTAs. I also think several teams have dwindling QB options (and now with the arguably the best free agent available at the position) and are going to be looking to get their QB situations solidified (much like the Texans were).

Tomorrow wouldn't surprise me.

looks like the team was waiting to secure another QB officially before they firmed up a deal for Carr. Based on Smith's comments today my best guess is that they have had some talks with some teams and were just making sure they didn't deal him and have to go into the season with Sage only if they couldn't manage to ink a viable replacement in time. Sage could probably do the job but he is not the ideal athlete and isn't nearly as durable as you want in a starter. I don't think he could play a full season without getting injured.
How can you say that? Sage hasn't played enough to know how durable he is. Besides, Kubes is on record as saying Sage could be starter in the NFL. IMHO, the Texans got snookered by the Falcons. If they had a solid offer on Carr, all they had to was make the Schaub deal, then call the other team and ship Carr to them. All taken care of before the media gets a whiff. I think this is more a sign of Smith and Kubiaks(mostly Smith's, in this instance) inexperience than anything else.

why couldn't we have just proposed the deal to the falcons, and once we knew they approved, wait unitl after we traded carr to officially make the Schaub deal happen?
It is hard enough keeping a secret in your own organization much less control anyone in another organization.

keep this in mind...when your wheeling and dealing the last thing you want to do is make one side of the trade wait just so you can take care of another deal...it's not real professional...and there is no garentee that if you did go about it that way that the falcons would have been willing to trade schaub to us for the deal we got....and yes it was a deal...remember they gave him a tender that required the other team giving up a 1st and a 3rd rounder...meaning had we upset the falcons by going ok now that we have an agreement lets wait til we trade carr...all they would've had to do is annouce that schaub had signed a deal with the texans...which by all accounts was done by this morning...then said they weren't going to match the deal costing us a 1st and a 3rd

i didn't think we were going to really get anything big for carr...and now it looks like we plain won't get anything for him...which sucks but it's the nature of the beast that is the NFL

Back