Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Live Group Mock - 1st rd

Select your Choice for the pick #23

• Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamren Kinchens, S

• Denver offers: Pick 81, 2025 DEN 1st, 2025 DEN 2nd -FOR- Pick 23 and Pick 245

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
I'm going to try to do a live group mock based on PFN mock draft if anyone wants to participate.
I'll include the top 9 prospects (Excluding QB) on the board and an "other" option.
If I am offered any trades I will include that as a poll option in lieu of the bottom prospect(s).
No trade ups.
I'll include a list of a few picks made before our pick as well.
I'll do a different thread for each rd and I'll allow about 30-45 mins from the time I put the thread up for people to vote.
For ties I'll do a coin flip :)

Clock starts now.

Joe Alt
    OT Notre Dame

Caleb Williams
    QB USC

Drake Maye
    QB North Carolina

Marvin Harrison Jr.
    WR Ohio State

Olumuyiwa Fashanu
    OT Penn State

Brock Bowers
    TE Georgia

Malik Nabers
    WR LSU

Jayden Daniels
    QB LSU
    trade icon
    Rome Odunze
    WR Washington

Laiatu Latu
    EDGE UCLA
    trade icon
    JC Latham
    OT Alabama
    trade icon
    Dallas Turner
    EDGE Alabama

Terrion Arnold
    CB Alabama
    trade icon
    Keon Coleman
    WR Florida State

Amarius Mims OT Georgia

J.J. McCarthy
    QB Michigan

Quinyon Mitchell
    CB Toledo

Taliese Fuaga
    OT Oregon State

Chop Robinson
    EDGE Penn State

Jackson Powers-Johnson
    OC Oregon

Jared Verse
    EDGE Florida State

Kool-Aid McKinstry
    CB Alabama

Last edited:
I'm going to try to do a live group mock based on PFN mock draft if anyone wants to participate.
I'll include the top 9 prospects (Excluding QB) on the board and an "other" option.
If I am offered any trades I will include that as a poll option in lieu of the bottom prospect(s).
No trade ups.
I'll include a list of a few picks made before our pick as well.
I'll do a different thread for each rd and I'll allow about 30-45 mins from the time I put the thread up for people to vote.

Clock starts now.

Joe Alt
    OT Notre Dame

Caleb Williams
    QB USC

Drake Maye
    QB North Carolina

Marvin Harrison Jr.
    WR Ohio State

Olumuyiwa Fashanu
    OT Penn State

Brock Bowers
    TE Georgia

Malik Nabers
    WR LSU

Jayden Daniels
    QB LSU
    trade icon
    Rome Odunze
    WR Washington

Laiatu Latu
    EDGE UCLA
    trade icon
    JC Latham
    OT Alabama
    trade icon
    Dallas Turner
    EDGE Alabama

Terrion Arnold
    CB Alabama
    trade icon
    Keon Coleman
    WR Florida State

Nate Wiggins
    CB Clemson

J.J. McCarthy
    QB Michigan

Quinyon Mitchell
    CB Toledo

Taliese Fuaga
    OT Oregon State

Chop Robinson
    EDGE Penn State

Jackson Powers-Johnson
    OC Oregon

Jared Verse
    EDGE Florida State

Kool-Aid McKinstry
    CB Alabama
Brian Thomas

I would have selected Byron Murphy II if not for the trade offer.
It will be a mistake to pass on him but the opportunity to have 3 picks in the top 60 is too good to pass on

I went with option 'other'. I like the Denver trade for the round one and two in 2025. However, I think this off season is the time to make the moves to get us knocking on the door of the super bowl. So I would not do the Denver trade. The Eagles trade is interesting but everything I hear and research says Philly will use their picks rather than trading up for 23. They can get the positions they need at the picks they have.
Washington interests me for their two 2s knowing we'd have to kick back to them something.
I am still pushing two trades with the Cardinals. One brought up by @OptimisticTexan: our round 2s '24 and '25 and my suggestion: 23 for Arizona's three round threes.

I would have selected Byron Murphy II if not for the trade offer.
It will be a mistake to pass on him but the opportunity to have 3 picks in the top 60 is too good to pass on
Whadya do if Newton and Murphy are both there at #23 in April?

Everyone knows or should know my position for 23. I see RT as an absolute hole on the OL. LT is set with a healthy Tunsil. The interior pieces are on the roster…..they all need to get healthy so Ryans can open the competition and let the best 3 start. The depth will be good as well. At this time, no one knows if Howard makes it back this season. Fant needs to back to being the hired swing tackle, if they re-sign him. I also think about the damage Stroud could inflict on opposing defenses if given a cleaner pocket, which in turn gives his weapons that extra second or maybe even two to get past defenders. Collins and Dell would become very dangerous if the OL can give Stroud that extra time. Also, the addition of a solid RT who can run block with some tenacity would help open the run game which would also help Stroud and the offense.

23: RT- Tyler Guyton (Oklahoma) This guy will become a top RT in the NFL. Has all the physical and athletic gifts to be a solid RT who could make the move to LT down the line, should Tunsil price himself out of the Texans checkbook.

-but-

I also get enthralled with the idea of adding another freakish WR to help Collins and Dell. If this guy were to fall to 23 (which I doubt), then it would be a tough decision.

23: WR- Brian Thomas Jr (LSU) He has it all with size, athleticism, catch radius, and that gazelle long speed. This gets me to thinking…..which comes first? The OL that gives receivers time to get open or does the long speed get open soon enough to off-set a weak pocket for the QB.

Yes, I’m making another RD1 investment in the OL knowing I can probably get WR- Roman Wilson (Michigan) later. Wilson just adds another dimension of speed to the receiving group and with a better OL…..that could doom defenses trying to cover them.

Everyone knows or should know my position for 23. I see RT as an absolute hole on the OL. LT is set with a healthy Tunsil. The interior pieces are on the roster…..they all need to get healthy so Ryans can open the competition and let the best 3 start. The depth will be good as well. At this time, no one knows if Howard makes it back this season. Fant needs to back to being the hired swing tackle, if they re-sign him. I also think about the damage Stroud could inflict on opposing defenses if given a cleaner pocket, which in turn gives his weapons that extra second or maybe even two to get past defenders. Collins and Dell would become very dangerous if the OL can give Stroud that extra time. Also, the addition of a solid RT who can run block with some tenacity would help open the run game which would also help Stroud and the offense.

23: RT- Tyler Guyton (Oklahoma) This guy will become a top RT in the NFL. Has all the physical and athletic gifts to be a solid RT who could make the move to LT down the line, should Tunsil price himself out of the Texans checkbook.

-but-

I also get enthralled with the idea of adding another freakish WR to help Collins and Dell. If this guy were to fall to 23 (which I doubt), then it would be a tough decision.

23: WR- Brian Thomas Jr (LSU) He has it all with size, athleticism, catch radius, and that gazelle long speed. This gets me to thinking…..which comes first? The OL that gives receivers time to get open or does the long speed get open soon enough to off-set a weak pocket for the QB.

Yes, I’m making another RD1 investment in the OL knowing I can probably get WR- Roman Wilson (Michigan) later. Wilson just adds another dimension of speed to the receiving group and with a better OL…..that could doom defenses trying to cover them.
I love the idea of a burner for CJ to throw to - remember how our offense looked dangerous in the Will Fuller games when he was on the field?
Intriguing prospect to consider.

Not if you can draft a great WR. Which is what I think Thomas is. After the combine I doubt Thomas will be there at 1-23.
There is a gap after Thomas. Thomas could be a #1 WR on a team. I would love to add him to Nico/Dell. If you're only after a slot WR then there is plenty of depth in this draft.
I don't think Thomas is in the same tier as the top 3 and not much separation between him and quite a few other tier two guys

Back