Lions Rulez!!! Texans arn't bad either :)

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CharlesRoyKev, May 23, 2005.

1. CharlesRoyKev

CharlesRoyKev Rookie

Just wanna say good luck to you guys this season. IMO we are the two teams that will shock everyone this season.

GO LIONS!!!

2. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

yeah well at least ur not like the lions trolls that go on the texans' board on espn.com. that talk trash and talk about how roy williams is better than andre johnson or joey harrington is better than carr. i think the lions willl compete for the wildcard this year. the vikings appear to be the better team at this point bc of their improvements on defense, but who knows. joey harrington is going to have to make tremendous progress this year. theres no excuses for him. he has the weapons set for him. the same can be said for david carr. by upgrading our o-line, he should have no problem putting up the numbers. defensively, both teams look very solid. i cant wait for the season to start. the offseason is going so slooooooow. :crying:

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I expect more than a wild card out of the Lions this year. I think it's them and (this is going to sound funny I know) the Bears in a dogfight for the division. I see the NFC North as a division that's about the flip. For years it's been Packers-Vikings-Packers-Vikings and now the Packers are about ready to go down for a while. A lot of people probably don't think the Vikings are ready to drop yet but I do. I bet they don't reach 8-8 this year.

4. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

How do you see the Bears improving?

5. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

Urlacher is gonna be back I think, Benson, Muhammed and Grossman all will be back after not having any of them this past year. They had a good D to start with so now they are going to fight for the top spot in the weak divison.

6. CharlesRoyKev

CharlesRoyKev Rookie

The Bears still have a ways to go since they are still in the rebuilding process. Vikes are our most concern but you never know with Favre as the QB for the Packers. Right now I have:

Vikes
    Lions - Wild Card
    Packers
    Bears

Indy
    Houston - Wild card
    Jacksonville
    Tenn

CRK

7. Blake

Blake MMQB

As long as Brett is the QB, and Green is running the pigskin, you cant count out the Pack. The Vikings had a ton of offseason moves, and I think the will still be good enough for playoffs. So good luck. That is a tough division. Just like the AFC south.

8. Koruptified

Koruptified Rookie

Yea, because the Texans are just sooo much better than the Jaguars. :rolleyes:

9. Texan Dave

Texan Dave Veteran

We don't have any problems schooling Jags, just ask Leftwitch.

10. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Only two wins seperated us last year, one to tie. For being our 3rd year, not too shabby in comparison to a more tenured team. It's okay to admit you're worried. :heh:

11. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

finally a Jags fan who admits it. :highfive:

12. B.Diddy

B.Diddy Veteran

Missouri City T.X./ Sam Houston State University
    Well...........umm yeah that pretty much sums it up.....oooh and i forgot we
    freakin owned the jags last year:whoohoo: :neener: :excited:

13. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I disagree with your Vikings take. I think they are the class of this division, and rather easily at that. I expect them to be a potential SB contender. I really like what they have done this offseason. Addition by Subtraction with Moss, having an excellent draft, and a wonderful FA period, which has totally remade their defense.

The Lions have improved nicely too. I just don't think Harrington is good enough to push them into the playoffs. I see 8 or 9 wins. If Harrington improves, the rest of the case is good enough to support a 10 or 11 win season.

The Bears had a nice offseason, and excellent draft. Ricky Williams JR., will help that offense tremendousely. He is my early pick for offensive ROY. I say 7 or 8 wins for them.

The Pack had a terrible offseason. They did nothing to improve a bad defense. They lost a number of players. They cleary regressed imo, and will finish last. I say about 5 wins for the Pack, who won't be back in 2005.

My predictions:
    Vikings - 13-3
    Lions - 9-7
    Bears - 8-8
    Packers 5-11

14. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

to be honest i think detriot has a good chance at the wild card spot. I think they are my pick for the #6 seed. I still see Philly, ATL, Minnesota, Seattle and the last team i think will be Dallas at #5.

As for the AFC it could go many different ways. The AFC teams have so much talent to me it could go almost any way. I do think Pitts, KC, Indy, and NE as the #4 this year will all be division winners. I think Houston, NYJ, SD, jack, and Baltimore have a chance at the 5 and 6 seeds

15. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

I think you might be right about minnesota with their record but i would say more like 11-5 sounds more realistic for them
    Lions prediction i think is right on 9-7 is a great record for them
    I would put the packs at 6-10 i dont know why but they are on the decline i dont think they will have a 500 season this year
    Bears i cant see them winning more than 6 this year but i dont think they will win less then 4. so 4-12, 5-11 or 6-10.

16. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I can buy those predictions. I just feel that Benson will do more for that team than you might think. I see 7 or 8 wins for them. We shall see soon enough!

17. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

What's the over/under on how many plays Mr. Rogers plays???? :D :jk:

18. Koruptified

Koruptified Rookie

I love it how you guys think you're better than the Jaguars just because of the sweep last year. The Jaguars almost beat the Steelers... if they would have, do you think people would say the Jaguars were a better overall team than the Steelers?

Yes, the Texans are an up-and-coming team and have upside, and should be contenders, but to be overtaking the Jaguars just won't happen this year. We've only added talent and lost noone.

If Fred Taylor was going to be gone this season, the FO would be signing another RB like Travis Henry. Taylor won't miss the season... and if Jones is able to do good with the offense, then we'll be fine. I don't expect him to live up to the hype, but he'll help us score more.

19. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Go figure you're on the TEXANS board. :dangit: I'm sure if you did beat the Steelers and asked the homers on your board that question, I'm sure you'd get similar answers.

20. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

ya know i thought the lions were gonna be good last year after around week 6 but they just totally collapsed, hopefully they can start strong and finish strong next season, and we can knock them out of the play-offs :)