Lions insist on being a running joke

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, May 12, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...g=ms-trippintuesday051209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Disagree with this entire article. At least someone in that locker room is showing some swagger and some guts. Kevin Smith came on really well at the end if last season despite some horrible blocking. I'd compare it to how DD was playing with Houston in his first season with that horrible blocking he had. Smith was playing with a lot of heart and passion and desperately wanted to win. He's one of the only good players that team has and that didn't give up all season like many other Lions players did. At least Smith is trying to rile his team up.

3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I don't blame dude, either. What else can anyone from the Lions say? "We sucked last year, we suck again (this year) and we'll suck in 2010"(??) "We're the definition of suckitude"(??)

4. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

We ***** about the Texans, but jeeeezzzzz, how bad can it get for pro football fans when you live in Detroit?

5. Polo

Polo Guest

Maybe he really feels that way.

Score isn't always an indicator of how well the team played. One or two small mistakes can lead to points by the opposition...As well as on the flip side -- One or two mistakes can wind up in a team leaving points on the field.

One player can make a mistake and ruin a whole play even if everyone else performed perfectly.

Sounds to me like he is buying in to what his coaches are selling because that is nothing but coach speak. When you watch film and break down the plays coaches always point out how one small deal here or one small deal there could have changed the complexion of a play or game...A lot of times they're right...But it doesn't matter if the players don't buy in

6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Also remember another reason they have to be optimistic; they fired the worst part of that organization in Matt Millen. That act alone would have me fired up, if I were a Lions fan or player.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow Work'n da grill

At least he got one thing right ....