Link where you can send complaints to ESPN about the Monday night game

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DiehardChris, Sep 12, 2008.

1. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Not that it will do much good, but it's worth a shot:

EMAIL ESPN w/ COMPLAINTS

This is such BS. ESPN is taking a game away from fans that they would have had on Sunday - IF A HURRICANE hadn't come through to blast Houston!

I mean - literally - ESPN is victimizing Texans fans outside of primary and secondary markets - because of a natural disaster! They should at the VERY LEAST relax their exclusive hold over MNF this one time (or whenever a natural disaster is involved) so that Sunday Ticket can show the game allowing it to be shown at LEAST in sports bars in TX who have Sunday Ticket. Really, what's it going to hurt? People who were going to watch the Cowboys are going to watch the Cowboys anyway.

We're not talking about millions and millions of viewers here - we're talking about fans scattered in Austin, the RGV, etc. It's not like we're asking them for the world.

2. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Ok I'm confussed. I thought ESPN2 was broadcasting the game on Monday night...is that not the case? Or is the ESPN2 broadcast just in the primary/secondary markets?

Where is ESPN8 "the ocho!" when you need them?

3. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

I'm confused. I thought ESPN2 would be televising the game. Are they not making it available to certain areas? I was going to the game but with this hurricane and all, I figured I would just stay here in New Mexico and watch it on ESPN2. If it ain't available, I just may have to find my way to H-town somehow.

4. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

NO - as stated in many places - ESPN2 is not showing the game. That was a mistake made by the Texans when they made a press release.

They made that statement assuming that ESPN2 would send out their announce team and make it an ESPN2 MNF game. That is NOT the case.

5. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

6. Errant Hothy

Is it just ESPN's decision or is the NFL offices involved as well?

Because of the NFL ain't known for changing it's mind too often.

7. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

Complaint sent! It only makes sense for ESPN! Maybe that's the problem.

DiehardChris likes this.
  8. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

this is f-ing BS! I thought the same thing when the dolphins game got moved because of a hurricane a few years back. I purchased the Sunday ticket to watch TEXANS games and just because some Hurricane moves to game from SUNDAY to MONDAY I don't get to watch it? Chicken spit! This needs to be addressed and fixed!

9. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Looks like I'll be trying to get a flight out to Houston either Sunday/Monday now. Ike, be gentle!!!!

10. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

It's on both ESPN and NFL:

ESPN
    They have exclusive rights to Monday night games, regardless of circumstances. They could relax those rights so that Sunday Ticket buyers can see the game - which would also allow sports bars to show the games in the non-primary/secondary markets.

NFL
    They are in charge of which markets are secondary and primary. They could allow markets like Austin and other non-primary/secondary to show the game on the local CBS affiliates - but thus far they have not allowed it. I know that our CBS guy in Austin has already lobbied them, and they turned him down.

11. Errant Hothy

Then I think we are all screwed, as the NFL will more then likely not change it's mind (because they never do).

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

I would if I thought that I would have electricity to watch the game. I really don't think the game will be played Monday night in Houston.

13. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

Maybe I should take a road trip to Bryan.

14. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Sent. I just spit in the ocean and the sea level didn't rise. But I will do everything I can as always. Thanks for providing the link Chris.

DiehardChris likes this.
  15. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

You know, I thought about doing that - but I was afraid the city would be full of people fleeing the storm, so there would be no motel rooms available.
    ...and you know seeing it at a sports bar in Bryan wouldn't work. All the TVs will be tuned to the Cowboys game.

16. TexanBorn51

TexanBorn51 Veteran

I sent the following email to ESPN, Houstontexans.com, DirecTV, CBS, and nfl.com(which does not relate to the NFL itself)

"As of 1:29pm today I realized that being one of many Texan fans and not only in San Antonio and in parts of Texas that we will not be able to watch the Texan game because of paid Sunday Ticket Directv, ESPN2, and CBSin most parts of Texas. Also because of this no sports bars either because they can't get it.Then I just found out from Houston Sports Texan radio that we can't even listen to it on live stream. I would not only be glad to pay for it but also add a humanitarian contribution to the hurricane efforts too.
    Houston is still in Texas, right...???"
    Sincerely
    Bob E. McClain
    TexanBorn51 (houstontexans.com and texanstalk.com forum member)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
    DiehardChris likes this.
  17. Errant Hothy

Never mind, the storm is jacking my brain.

18. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

The storm will have passed by then. If I can find a power plug for my laptop, I should be able to pick up the game with my HD antenna and TV tuner card.

19. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Ya, I'm in agreement on this as well but I went ahead and changed my flight just in case. You know, this might impact the Dallas/Philly game as well. Has anybody thought of that?

20. GP

GP Go Texans!

IMO, ESPN doesn't want to pay for the cost of staffing the Texans' game.

LOL. As much as we stink right now, I wouldn't either.

Everyone gripes that "we get no love," and you know what? That's how it works. If we want love, we got to be a good team. And we're not worth the extra effort for ESPN to send an entire crew down here for game # 2 of the season.

Won't there be a local radio station streaming the audio, as usual, or was that a pre-season thang?