Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Life Without Schaub: What if?

We need to make up our minds. Either we want to run up the score, or play it safe.

Can't have it both ways.

:kubepalm:

This was the game that made Gary go into the turtle position every time the Texans get a lead today.

Thanks Sage

and just think if sage would have just ran for 6 yards slid then punt he would of been a hero

This was the game that made Gary go into the turtle position every time the Texans get a lead today.

Thanks Sage

I don't know. I think he tried to push the tempo quite a bit in 2010, when our defense wasn't up to snuff.

Didn't work out well for us. In 2011, he truly understood what a premium it was to win. I could never put my finger on it, but we changed quite a bit between the Tennessee & Jacksonville game that year. His attempts were already coming down by the time he got hurt in Tampa Bay.

Then when Leinart got hurt...... we leaned more & more on Arian & it's never been the same since. Doesn't matter to me, as long as we win. I'd rather win by 3 if we're playing good football, than by 20 playing suspect ball.... as long as we win & that was the difference between 2011 & 2012.

I'm sure Kubiak saw it & I'm sure the team saw it. They tried their best to fix the problem, but just couldn't. & I'm ok with that. Happens every year, even to the best teams.

Like those teams, we need to continue to find a way to win, even when we aren't at full strength, or if we aren't playing our best football. Denver, Greenbay, & New England didn't look particularly strong, until midway through the season. Batlimore never looked like they had a chance...... but they eeked it out & got it done in January.

its all about depth and luck u gotta have good depth players rdy to step in and win games and a bit of luck of course and calls going your way

its all about depth and luck u gotta have good depth players rdy to step in and win games and a bit of luck of course and calls going your way
Exactly.
When the Pats lost Gronk and Woodhead during our playoff game with them, I thought we'd caught a break.

Then Shane Vereen comes in and burns us for THREE TDs!

Who the hell was Shane Vereen?!?!

Exactly.
When the Pats lost Gronk and Woodhead during our playoff game with them, I thought we'd caught a break.

Then Shane Vereen comes in and burns us for THREE TDs!

Who the hell was Shane Vereen?!?!

He is the dude Pollard knocked the heck out!

Last edited:
Back