Levi Brown falls down to the second?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by baba ganoush, Jan 12, 2007.

1. baba ganoush

baba ganoush Veteran

get either Nelson or Landry in the first round...if Levi brown were to fall to the second, do you take him or a guy like rufus alexander?

2. travfrancis

travfrancis Veteran

definitely would take Levi Brown, that would be a nice get in the 2nd round.

3. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

I have no problems taking him in the second.

4. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

He won't slip to us in the 2nd, it doesnt even matter.

5. threetoedpete

That's what you said last year with Winston isn't it ?

6. baba ganoush

baba ganoush Veteran

looks like somebody just got told...lol...:tease:

7. AustinJB

AustinJB All Pro

Arguably the 2nd rated LT on the board...no way 32 teams pass on him.

8. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Rufus Alexander. I don't think Levi Brown is a very good fit for our system, Ryan Harris or Joe Staley would be a better fit at OT or Ben Grubbs or Josh Beekman would be a good fit on the interior line. A sample list of who stands a good chance of being there in the 2nd round that would be good acquisitions for us:

OLinemen
    Ben Grubbs, Joe Staley, Ryan Harris, or Josh Beekman

WRs
    Robert Meachem, Dwayne Bowe (one would likely fall, although it's not especially a high priority for our team with AJ and Moulds still here)

DLinemen
    Adam Carriker, Victor Abiamiri, or even Brandon Mebane

LBs
    Rufus Alexander, David Harris, Jon Beason, Earl Everett, Buster Davis

CBs
    Chris Houston, Fred Bennett, maybe Daymeion Hughes

S
    Brandon Meriweather, Michael Griffin if he falls

9. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

I didn't have him R1 in my final mock, so the answer would be no. I was too busy campaigning against Reggie Bush. Anyways, Levi doesn't have T-Rex arms or a torn ACL that isn't fully recovered. He also is the 2nd best player at his position (Winston was 4th behind Justice, Ferguson, and McNeill) and doesn't have to deal with the competition level Winston did. Also, do you think that if Detroit and Arizona had the chance to get him with their 2nd pick that he would last to us? Not a chance in hell! He won't last to us unless he self distructs.

10. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

whats the feeling on justin blalock of texas? he can play guard and tackle and i think would be a steal with our 2nd round pick, if he is still on the board.

11. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I think he's the one interior OLineman that will go in the 1st round, I haven't seen enough of him yet to say but from what little I've seen he would be a good addition to our line but I'm not sure I'd use a 2nd on him, would largely depend on who else is available.

12. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Levi Brown reminds me alot of Jammal Brown, OK back in 05 draft. remember the Texans traded the 13th pick to NO & they selected him? if I'm not mistaken did he not just get voted to the Pro Bowl team? to add insult to injury thats LT y'all :ok:

people just dog guys like this and all they do is win & produce. yes I would take him in the 2nd if still there :stirpot:

13. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I'm not fond of Brown for our team.

Red bold = Yes to player in the second round
    Blue bold= No to a player in the second round

14. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

According to many scout, rufus alexander stock has taken a major dive and he is now being considered second day pick.

15. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

Agree with your OL selection.

16. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I haven't heard of any such thing. I have made some friends that I use as connections in the scouting world and they have mentioned nothing even close to his. What has he possibly done to make his stock drop that much? I want proff, links, quotes, something.

17. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

Look I like Rufus Alexander, he has been all over the field chasing the ball but many scouts are worried about his size and ability to shed passers. Some of the same concerns they had with DJ as well. They feel, he is light and needs to gain some weight.

I personally think he will fall to third round.

18. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Wasn't DeMeco too small too?

19. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Are these guys you don't think will be available in the 2nd, you don't think are good enough/not a good fit for us to take in the 2nd or a combination of both?

I've heard this rumor bounced around a couple draft message boards but haven't heard it from a reputable source yet, I think he goes in the 2nd round somewhere unuless he has a disaster of a workout.

20. threetoedpete

Agreed beerlover. And I haven't banged on the guy because of the simularities. I missed on the two probowlers. I'm keeping my mouth shut this year . I'll leave it to the scouts this year. But....do you pass over the D tallent to take him ? I mean what is the point at this point in time. He's not going to make it into round two. Carr is basically a shread of a QB with the 258 sacks. So why at this point in time do you get the guy help ? At the expense of building a top fifteen defense ? I dunno the answer. What I do know is what they were quoted as saying...they're looking for playmakers and pass rushers. What does that tell you ? My team I move up and try to get JT. Fix it once and for all. But DC's been the pinata for four years. Why not five ? He does it very well.