Let's try something constructive?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by burro, Dec 19, 2010.

1. burro

burro almost sentient

As devoted fans, it's to be expected that we are more than just a little disappointed in the turnout of this season. We are 5-9 and it seems like it's the same old crap every week with no change in sight. There's plenty to be bummed about.

However, I think we may all need to take a deep breath and calm down. It's gotten to the point that we are going at one another's throats over trivial crap and turning our frustrations inwards. I understand being a newbie here, that I don't have a lot of stroke and room to talk and criticize, but it seems to me that our focus has navigated away from constructive football talk and toward bitter ranting and grumbling. I don't know what we can do, and I'm sure one look at my post count/joined date will inspire "GTFO"s and whatnot. None-the-less, can we stop acting like manchildren and get back to rational and constructive football talk?**

**Of course this isn't directed at anyone in particular or believers in any particular set of opinions regarding the Texans, but only at the general attitude of the fanbase as represented by this message board.

Sincerely,
    newb.

PS I acknowledge that I am guilty of this as well and am making a conscience effort to knock it off.

2. Mr. Texan

Mr. Texan I'm A Texan

*throws chair at OP*

the texans have a LOSING record! Time to go RIOTING! WE GOIN LOOTIN'!!! PAPA NEEDS A NEW TV!!!

arrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhasdfghjkl!!!!!!!!!!

lol j/k

BetaV1 likes this.
  3. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Kiss my ass. :runaway:

4. BetaV1

BetaV1 Veteran

lol. You're freaking hilarious; the Scott Steiner of the Texans fanbase (not trying to diss your grammar. :spin:).

Mr. White likes this.
  5. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

This is an ugly day around here. Lots of friendly fire with bunker-busting bombs.

Most people around here have been pissed off since Thursday when Bob McNair stuck his foot in his mouth. An awful loss doesn't help matters. Hell, a win wouldn't have helped matters.

Now, people that want Kubiak fired are arguing with other people that want him fired.

The Texan-on-Texan violence at the end of the 1st half is the perfect analogy for this day on the message board. The sad thing is that the next 2 weeks don't look much better.

6. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Hey Bob... ┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐

7. CharloTex

CharloTex All Pro

Ok, look at my join date. I've been around here reading as long as EVERYONE. In fact, if I got rep for READING, I'd be at the top of the heap (Sinatra). I'm also 50 years old. I've also lived in Houston since 1973. I've also rooted for the Houston football team since 1973. I've also rooted for all Houston professional teams since 1973 (rep to the Comets).

No disrespect to you, young poster with good intentions or few post (like me). BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, ....

Frustration is ooooooooooozing from our skin. And to listen to people who suggest that we just need to stay the course (keep Kubes), and just let Kubes reconfigure the defensive coaching staff and have another go at it next year is BLOWING OUR MIND. You are 21 years old. There's nothing wrong with that. But you haven't served in the trenches as long as some of the vets here. I'm truly glad that there are young people like you that carry the torch for the Texans. But your level of frustration cannot equal mine.

Gary Kubiak and his team of coaches CAN NOT COACH THIS TEAM TO BETTER THAN 9-7, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEV-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEER. And you didn't say what side of that fence you are on, and even if you are on the wrong side, I can't blame you for you youthful idealism. I was the exact saem, until I was about 45. But to the rest of these posters who are saying to stay the course, most of them are old enough to know. It's not going to happen with Kubes. Love the man, hate the coach. And the coaches ways.

So, if I get a little impatient with those that would support more of the same, forgive me. Been there, done that, many, many, many years now.

Kimmy likes this.
  8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

[​IMG]

9. Mr. Texan

Mr. Texan I'm A Texan

There's nothing finer than Scott Steiner!

10. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

11. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Thats the funny thing about it, pretty much everyone wants a change.

12. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

:spit:

13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Repped

Good stuff LOL

14. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Big Poppa Pump is your hook-up.