Let's see...

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by LoneStarState, Apr 28, 2006.

1. LoneStarState

LoneStarState Veteran

How will Casserly & Co. screw up the rest of the picks? HEY CHARELY... YOU GOTTA SCORE POINTS TO WIN THE GAME!

I'm sure there's a WR from Shiro Tech that could be had for cheap...

2. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

You also have to stop the opposing team from scoring more points than you. :)

3. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

It is done and TEXANS picked Williams. Let's hope he will be a stud for us this coming season. I think Cass has nothing to do with this pick. Since Cass is believed to be released by Texans in a few weeks, it is more likely Kubiak's call.

4. Frank_The_Tank

Frank_The_Tank Veteran

There is no way this is a Kubiak pick, plus Charley C. said this was his choice, IMO the choice was Reggie Bush's. He chose not to sign, he wanted QB money, he called Houstons bluff and it bit him in the Butt. Hey lets bring in Mario and get -r -done LOL.

5. Vinnie333

Vinnie333 Rookie

The only way the Texans will ever live this one down is if Mario goes to the probowl at least 5 times in his career and posts double-digit sacks his rookie year. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt if Bush ended up being a huge bust in the NFL. That's the only thing that will ease my pain.

6. Frank_The_Tank

Frank_The_Tank Veteran

No Mario has to be a pro-bowl DE this year. Number one overall, no waiting to trade down, the guy has to be a Pro-bowl DE this year

7. LoneStarState

LoneStarState Veteran

The last four years, the Texans have chosen defense with the number 1 pick... and what do we got? NOT A DAMN THING!

8. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

...just not having Dom "execute" Capers will make a world of difference!!!:yahoo:

9. Trenches

Trenches Veteran

at least they did the smart thing.

QB money for a part time RB is crazy. We have a RB. We have a QB. What we dont have is an OL and a pass rush.

have fun with your pipe dreams of building the Indy Colts. Guess what? They let the RB go because the knew he was easily replacable.

The way to win championships is to be able to RUN the football and stop the other team. DEFENSE is the common thread to the majority of NFL champions.

hats off to the front office for making the right pick

10. CITY CAT

CITY CAT Veteran

When it is all said and done, to live up to this pick MW will have to be the best defensive player ever.

11. AustinJB

AustinJB All Pro

I agree...I LOVE this pick. I think Super Mario is a beast and will wreak havoc for years to come.

I did want VY, but when it became apparent that we weren't going to take him, trade down or Mario was my choice. I'm just sooooo glad we didn't get Bush....just think that he's going to be a bust either by lack of production or injury.....I'd just love to see the faces of all the people that kept telling me things like, "Bush is a Texan, get used to it.." Not until draft day I said. LOL....I love it.

I just can't believe that the Texans FO made a good choice and didn't give in to the Bush hype. Not a sexy pick and has upset a lot of the mainstream fan base that follows hype, but fans who realize how important a player of Williams caliber is are excited. Our DL now has the potential to be GREAT....wow, we'll actually have a pass rush, imagine that!:yahoo:

12. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

Everything you said Im 100 percent with...GO MARIO!

13. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

This has to be the most positive thread on Mario I have found.:ok:

Let me too say this is the best pick for this team. He gives us the piece that should make our defence work and make all those other 1st round defenders better.

Go Texans!! :yahoo: