Let's Put Our Differences Aside And Cheer For Carr

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by the wonger need food, Dec 6, 2006.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Seriously, it's for the good of the team's future.

I don't know if you guys have seen the movie Funny Farm with Chevy Chase. If you haven't, you're missing out because it's a classic. Anyway, the plot to the story is that Chevy and his wife are breaking up and need to sell their house. To help speed up the process they tell everyone in the town that they will pay them $50 to be nice to anyone that comes to see their house. The theory is that the potential buyers will fall in love with the house and their neighbors, etc.

Over these last 4 weeks we need to pull together and stop bashing Carr in print, on the radio and especially in the stadium. Let's make every other NFL franchise believe that we love him and that he is great. Maybe Mr. McNair will discount our season tickets next year as an incentive. It could mean the difference between a 6th round and 3rd round pick.

thunderkyss likes this.
  2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I think most of us have been cheering for Carr to do well despite what we may think of his ceiling....welcome to being a Texans fan.

LORK 88 likes this.
  3. ib4texans

ib4texans Veteran

Oh! Now I've seen it all,Wonger wants to be nice to Carr. I think it's a great idea,it will be like Jim Carey in Liar Liar. It will kill Wonger!

4. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

im not gunna be nice to the guy because i dont think this is his last year. theyre gunna shove him down our throats next year too.

5. Texanfan4ever

Texanfan4ever All Pro

Wow Wonger, I'm proud of you. I couldn't have said it better. There IS hope still!!! LOL

6. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Somebody get Satan a jacket .

7. 19-10

19-10 Veteran

Wonger aren't you the one that hijacked me on the platinum parking trade? I don't remember getting any discount from you. I come here to vent, why else does this board exist? Football knowledge? Please. But I do promise to keep it out of the mainstream media :rolleyes:

Just messing with you about the parking - sort of. :)

8. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Shouldn't we cheer for the Texans. Carr isn't any bigger or smaller than the team. I liked the return of Mathis as it added another dimension to this team. I could say as so goes AJ so goes the team. We could say that of almost any player. I hope this coaching staff and team can put a good game together against the Titans. I would like to see a well played game where there is a looser, but no one gets embarrassed.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Keep watching football, keep learning.... soon you'll see there is no position on the team equal to that of QB.

10. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

I began this season with a lot of hope for Carr and have been severely disappointed. It's not like we (the 'Carr Sucks' faction) don't cheer for our QB and hope he does well. I spouted the party line when this season began but eventually had enough of that. Just because some of us think Carr sucks doesnt mean we are any less of a fan than one who still thinks Carr is good and blames his problems on all the other players.

Just my 2 cents. Don't count on McNair lowering prices any to the 'loyal' fans. To the contrary, expect ticket prices to escalate to compensate for his revenue streams lowering in other areas (jersey sales, loss and depreciation of corporate sponsorships, season ticket base, increasing number of noshows, etc.) Those factors coupled with a lot of leveraged/borrowed money from purchase of Texans will guarantee prices wont go down at all.

11. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

But Thunderkyss, he is only one guy. It's never Carr's fault. It's always everyone elses fault. Don't you know anything?

:sarcasm:

12. 19-10

19-10 Veteran

Yeah - what he said - twice!

13. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

If we cheer extra loud for Carr, McNair will think he's a fan favorite and he should get another year to prove himself.

14. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

LOL! So, so true. :texflag:

I've never booed the dude. I'll criticize (and praise when possible) his play on the forum, but when it's gametime, it's on! I always root for whoever is playing in a Texans uni.

15. the wonger need food

What's wrong with the platinum lot? I liked it over there but was tired of hauling all of my stuff to the RV section of the blue lot.

16. kfranco_utexas

kfranco_utexas Veteran

I'll switch my avatar when we get rid of Carr. Until then.... GO VY:mario2:

17. the wonger need food

I have been clammering for Capers and Carr to be gone since mid-season 2004. It was the only reason that I signed up for this board. If that makes me Satan or less of a fan, so be it. I guarantee that I spend at least as much money and time (probably more than most) as any of you on this team. I cheer as loud as anyone on Sunday when the defense is on the field and try just as hard to quiet the tools making noise when we have the ball on offense.

I hate to say "I told ya so" but I told ya so. Mr. McNair chose to hold onto Capers and Carr for too long and it has severely retarded the growth of this team. I have a lot of admiration for Mr. McNair and this organization but at some point they have to wake up and put winning ahead of politics and pride.

18. 19-10

19-10 Veteran

Nothing it just isn't worth any extra money but that was my choice - no hard feelings. I will say to anyone considering it be sure you roll up in a golf cart or a 3 series at most. Those spots are tight.

19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

wow.... :wacko:

The 7-9 season? :um: interesting

20. the wonger need food

The 7-9 season where they were pathetic in the second half of the season. They regressed tremendously after the Denver game. Remember the comments by Jamie Sharper, Gary Walker, etc. It's a misperception that the wheels fell off because of the Cleveland game, but it all started that day in Denver. And that was the game that Carr really started to regress and hasn't looked back since.