Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Lets mix up the Defense this week

All these complaints about everything this week but I want some changes on the defensive side. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, we need to do something original, keep growing during the season. I want to see Dunta blitzing, i want to see the safeties blitzing, i want to see Peek on the field, i want to see the linebackers set up with sharper and wong in the middle and babin and peek on the outside a couple times, i want to see the linebackers blitzing in other ways than outside backers going outside and inside backers going straight up the middle, blitz 7 guys so the qb is forced to make a quick pass which allows for less coverage time, which usually means better coverage. Why cant any of these things be tried. Mix it up, do something unexpected. Ive said it before, I want something new to happen, somethign remeniscent of the UFO defense that the Browns came out of now where with, the defense played well when we blitzed and got a little swagger in their step, so do it again.

texansfan88 said:
blitz 7 guys against favre? you've got to be joking...hes going to light us up if we send more than 4

i dont mean we need to do all of this stuff this week, but a lot of it could be done, like mixing up the blitzes adn who is blitzing, coverages, etc. These are small things that will make a difference, including some slight personel shifts.

texansfan88 said:
blitz 7 guys against favre? you've got to be joking...hes going to light us up if we send more than 4
Ah ha! You are correct. HOWEVER, if we give him all day to throw (which is what will happen if we only rush 4 because our D-line doesnt get any push) then he will light us up as well. See, coaching isnt as easy as we all make it out to seem.

Yea it's taking a risk now and then but our schemes against Plummer and Manning sure as hell weren't working. Better to lose guns blazing than to get pummeled doing the same stuff over and over.

texansfan88 said:

Way oversimplified. So any great QB you shouldn't blitz? Funny I seem to remember the Patriots beating the Colts last year by blitzing the crud out of Manning during the 1st game.

when i was watching all the old games they played i nevered realized how predictable they are...every game the same...no wonder these other teams are ready for us....they differently need to do something different....

actually no...i think we should blitz the hell out of farve and the pack...their offensive line is real good...and if we don't bring atleast 5 guys every snap farve will just pick apart out db's...i would actually like to see more blitzing by daunta and earl...and yeah let's shuffle the linebackers around...totally confuse everyone...i mean why not...what do we have to lose after a game like the one last week...nothing...so me might as well make it interesting

yeah we'll have a tough time getting to farve, he's only been sacked 5 times all season ! Good luck D your gonna need it ! And George we know you want peek in buddy we hear it every week ! Personally i like the guy, but i also like babin, so i am stuck in the middle in no mans land !

Of course we all know i like peek, but my point was that he showed last week that he has improved so he deserves more PT, and also my other point was that they should both be out there at the same time. Move wong to the middle for some plays, thats would make a very good pass rush and pass defense threat out there, since foreman was getting smoked last week. I mean do people not realize that every other team in the NFL rotates their linebackers some during the game. Fresh legs make it easier to chase down running backs and drop in to coverage every play. The point is that Dom isnt using what he has in the personel department and also in the possibilities for his 3-4 scheme

we should see if they're gonna pick on dunta for the first two series and if they don't they should send him in on the rush every now and then. he's done a pretty good job when they rush him i think.

Back