Lets complain about ESPN's opinion on Reggie Bush

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HJam72, Aug 22, 2006.

1. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

ESPN sucks. :bananasplit:

OK, you guys take it from here.

PS-This is not "The Girls vs. Reggie Bush" thread. This is the "Lets complain about ESPN's opinion on Reggie Bush" thread. :shoot:

2. RG45

RG45 Noob

I am so tired of the Reggie BS.
    The man had 4 carries for 7 yards and ESPN talking heads made it seem like he was the second coming. I know that he did not play all that much but give me a break. There were more people that did more than him and they did not get an interview after the game. Not sure if I can take Monday night football on ESPN. I guess that I could watch the games with the sound off.

3. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Defense wins championships....offense gets you on sportscenter... we chose defense so BSpn hates us... they dont care if the saints go 0-16 as long as beggie rush gives them good highlight reels.

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Sorry, TC. Uh...."The (Cowpokes) vs. Reggie Bush" thread.

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I bet Capers would've taken Bush. :rolleyes:

6. Scooter

Scooter Funky

what will it take to get espn to put up a comparrison between reggie bush against the texans 3rd & 4th runningbacks?

what do bush & mario have in common this week? they both ended up putting the football on the ground 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

espn isnt and wont take bets on whether or not the entire saints offense scores as many touchdowns as the texans backup rb's.

will the saints ever reach the sack total of the texans? espn wont answer that, because they couldnt even get to drew "the statue" bledsoe.

Txn_in_FL likes this.
  7. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

Would be a great sig. Damn 80 character rule won't let it happen.

8. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

That avatar is STILL hilarious.

9. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

During last nights game, aj posted this comment in the Cowgirls/Saints game thread. I couldn't agree more:

10. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Reggie Bush didn't do much. They were saying how he cut through six Cowboys, when five of him weren't even watching him (or it looked like it). Also, they showed this one guy (forgot his name), follow Joe Horn to the right side of the ball. The dude then let Joe Horn go and was watching Reggie Bust. This let Joe Horn be open in the backfield. After that play, the ESPN guys said, "Even without the ball, Reggie still makes a difference."

11. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I'm sorry, but who cares? If you don't like ESPN, don't watch it. Its a pretty simple solution to this supposedly huge problem.

You may not like it, but ESPN is a business. You heard it on tv last night -- Reggie Bush's jersey is the #1 seller. Guess why people watched the game last night (including many of you, it seems)? To watch Reggie Bush. He's a hard working, likeable, talented athlete that produced exciting plays in college and has the potential to do so in the NFL as well. ESPN needs marketable names in order to suceed as a company first and foremost, and thats what Reggie Bush offers them.

I'm as sick as the next guy at the RB vs. MW debate/comparisons. I personally want them both to suceed. But from a marketing stand point, what ESPN is doing makes perfect sense. MW had a great game in terms of drawing attention away from Peek, moving the pile, etc. But those are boring highlights in the eyes of non-Houstonian joe-schmoe. As long as we win games, who cares what ESPN thinks? The best way to get equal highlight time is to win games

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

21 total yards Vs. the Cowboys ? :crutch:

Ehhhh , the guy is plays a marquee position and in this age of football , popularity and marketing are more important than how you produce on the field . Its more important to be a media darling and make mega $$$ from endorsement deals ....:rolleyes:

Unless you want to win Champoinships :cool:

13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

A more unbiased review of the RB situation by NewOrleansProFootball.com:

The problem remains is that he does not the build, power or the fortitude to be a between the tackles RB.

14. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

He carried the ball 4 times in a preseason game. Holy crap, you all are just as bad as the Saints and ESPN trolls that whined about how "Mario Williams only had 1/2 a tackle in his first game. He's a bust."

It's a PRESEASON game and he's a ROOKIE.

Porky likes this.
  15. GuerillaBlack

BAM!!! The truth hurts...:francis:

16. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

Let's not forget the God awful amount of T.O. talk. He wasn't even there, Bledsoe and the Dallas receivers were making catch after catch, and all they kept talking of was T.O...

It's a shame that the guy wasn't there and they were talking more of him then the guys doing the playing. Just goes to show ya that they want this to be a story when most of the world just wants this whole thing to die down. Then the Romo vs. Bledsoe deal, big story that Kornholio was trying to make a serious point then Joe Schmoe called it the right way, it is no controversy. If Parcells says it, then go with it...

The media want Bush, good highlights, they want VY, but as mentioned, not alot of D makes it to TV, unless you are Ray Lewis or Urlacher. Fine with me...MW will do well, remember, Peppers and Freeney didn't come out the gate kicking a** either and look at them now, regulars on ESPN.

17. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I don't know about you, but unless one of them has a monster game (3 sacks or so) or has an INT/Fumble that they return for a TD, I NEVER see them on TV highlights. Unless a defensive player scores a touchdown, it doesn't seem like they'll show it on ESPN.

18. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Maybe someone can figure out how to give this information to ESPN, if you take away the 44 yard run on the broken play against the hapless Titan D, Mr. all world Reggie Bush has 9 rushes for an amazing 22 yards!!! Sign him up now for the HOF, Sean Salisbury could even introduce him.

19. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Ditto for me. I was more upset about Tony Kornheiser. That guy is terrible as an analyst.

chuckm likes this.
  20. GuerillaBlack

I thought about this a bit, and I feel that Reggie is dogged on because the hyped him to beyon belief. MW wasn't hyped by ESPN. Actually at the draft some of the New Yawkers were calling him overrated. So, since Reggie was hyped, then has a bad performaance, we make fun of him:ok: .