Lets be serious here.... Morlon Greenwood..

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by [[Gary Kubiak]], Nov 5, 2006.

1. There was a reason the G-Men kept hammering to the right side of our run defense. This guy is not gonna survive to next year. Why not make changes now?

Were paying this guy so much to be non productive like this. S.Orr is no better

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Who do we put in there though? Besides Demeco Ryans, our LB corps in terrible. There's a bunch of holes in this team, but the biggest one, IMO, in linebacker. Morlon Greenwood is another mistake from the Casserly-era.

3. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I imagine we will be looking for another stud LB in the draft.

4. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

It was more like running the stretch and attacked the edge (off tackle) and showed that we are weak at both outside LB's. (Where was Wong today? Was he inactive and I missed it?)

PS I am about to give Morlon back to the agency that I adopted him from. 49 tackles in 8 games for a LB who is on the field all the time is terrible. At least Orr can say that he doesn't play on passing downs (but that doesn't excuse him from the fact that he is terrible also.)

5. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Who are we supposed to put in to replace him? He's better than Orr, and Orr is good enough to start for us right now.

6. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

Wong was inactive due to a tight hamstring.

Texans Horror likes this.
  7. YoungTexanFan

Shockey exposes a lot of people in coverage, but Orr isn't very good in many aspects of football, not just covering a freak like Shockey.

8. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

IMO Orr has been playing better since Wong has been getting healthier, seems a little afraid to lose his job. You guys seem to be forgetting that early in the game Orr dropped the Giants RB (I think it was Bradon Jacobs) behind the line. It was a pretty good play and he has around 2-4 a game, Greenwood on the otherhand can go back to Miami for all I care.

Texans Horror likes this.

9. YoungTexanFan

Orr was blitzing on that play.

10. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

A "stud LB" in the first round, I gather?

That's fine with me.:thumbup

11. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

First off, I would much rather have secondary help than help at LB in the first round.

Secondly, Greenwood has played better than Orr in my opinion. I didn't see Greenwood making that many mistakes, and Kubiak even praised his playing last week. Orr is a total liability. Anyone who can only play passing or rushing downs like that is not going to get far. I felt like I was watching myself go for that ball against Shockey---looked totally lost and silly and out of position

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Orr is a lineman converted to a LB...he really isn't much of a Sam linebacker in a 4-3. He doesn't play in space well and doesn't have the ability to cover TE's. At the will, Greenwood is just another Casserly FA that isn't worth anything close to his salary. We need two new linebackers.

13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think Shockey pushed off. had that call gone the other way, you'd be saying something totally different.

I do believe Orr plays the run better than he covers, but that play was actually a good play by Orr...... every one else was fooled by the Play action, and I believe the ref screwed the call.

But they did run an awful lot to the weakside.... we bit on the misdirection every time. Demeco did just like our other LBs....

I understand swarming Defenses, and running to the ball, but after the third big run, you'd have thought the backside LB would've wised up......

& while I do like Orr, I'd much rather have Peek playing that position. Especially if we are only going to bring him in on passing downs, or drop Mario into coverage.

14. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

2007 Needs:
    WLB
    SLB
    SS
    CB2
    FS (unless Donte moves to FS then we need CB1)
    RB
    C
    ORT (I think Winston is more of a RG, if he does anything for us)
    and possibly a starting QB

Did I leave anything out?

15. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

No that about covers it ogre. I pretty much agree with the needs. Unfortunatly, this is a two year list. Now the question is how do you prioritze in the draft and FA? I would put WLB and corner as 1a and 1b. Closely followed by RB, then FS, then C, then back to SLB(Assuming Wong can come back healthy), then ORT, and lastly SS.

I am going to leave QB up in the air right now. I don't have a good feel just yet on that issue.

The above list does not neccessarily indicate draft order, as you have to see who is available. I am more in the best available player mode, and you also need to see what you do in FA. But, if we came out of the first day with a LB, a corner, and a RB in no particular order, I would be pickled tink. :bananasplit:

16. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

well, we don't need a SS- we have 2... I don't think we need a center either, though an interior lineman of some kind would be good.

If we have another offseason like this one, that list won't even be a challenge!

17. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Needs for Draft:

FS (unless Dunta moves)
    OLB (any rookie on the 1st day would prob be an upgrade)
    CB (1st rounder maybe)
    OT (Spencer may be part 1, but who is part 2?)

18. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Star Player (Peterson)
    RT
    OLB
    CB/FS

then best player after that

19. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

how about an impact defensive tackle to take some pressure off Mario? I would love to see TJ or Maddox become that guy, or for anybody else on the D-line to make an impact, but right now there is very little production from anybody else on the line other then Mario. ND Kalu and Weaver have some flashes, but nothing consistant. And where are Peek and Babin hiding?

20. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

I would love to see a FA CB pickup (Clements or Samuels baby!) and a first round pick for Corner, then move Dunta to FS where his tackling can do more damage and he can see the feild better for picks.

The reason people think Orr had a bad game was the call against Shockey, and thats it? I've been noticing him step up and make plays these 3 weeks and I get more and more infuriated with Greenwood.

Edit: and RDR, Peek and Babin are playing injured ... again, I wish they would just get themselves healthy so they could play at 100%