Let Someone Else Have This Headache

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by texansfan1974, Jan 10, 2006.

1. texansfan1974

texansfan1974 Veteran

I'm Bush and Young fan, But I'm a Texan fan 1st. I've been doing alot of thinking on this matter and all it is (is a big headache). My thoughts are to trade the #1 pick with the Titans pick up a 1st rounder next year and 2nd or 3rd rounder this year, then trade with the Jets or Packers for a 1st next year and 2nd 0r third this year. We can then draft A.J. Hawk, save money + have 3 1st round picks next year and 2 maybe 3 extra picks this year. So give the Titans the #1 pick and let them blow it, give them the headache.
    If this were done there is no way CC could screw it up. He could blow a pick or two and it would not even matter. Plus how cool would it be to wear a jersey with the word hawk on the back of it.:ok:

2. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I'd love to get AJ Hawk somehow; we certainly have defensive needs too! However, I don't know if that's the right thing to do even if we do trade down.

Furthermore, I don't think the first pick of the draft would be a headache to any team outside of Texas.

3. cap1

cap1 All Pro

I would love to trade down and pick up more picks. I just want what is best for the Texans. Even if it doesn't have anything to do with bush or VY.

4. texansfan1974

texansfan1974 Veteran

My thoughts exactly. Trade down get more picks and more of sure thing.

5. Frills

Frills Veteran

No more trading with teams in our division...especially if casserly is negotiating them

6. CenTexNative

CenTexNative Veteran

WE need mor beef on the offensive line. As far as I am concerned that is what should concentrated on.

7. Wordem

Wordem Veteran

If you think this is a headache, you haven't watched Vince Young play enough. This is an easy, EASY decision to make. And it will be made. Vince Young is the best player on the board and the Texans will take him.

8. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

We've needed a real left tackle on this team since Boselli never happened and we still need one. Perhaps we should overlook it again this year.

9. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Less you forget that we would be hurting the Titans more then helping them by giving them first pick. Why? Arent the Titans in cap trouble. To have them trade and pick up a high cap player on a cap strapped team, they will have to lose a few good players to get it to work.

10. johnboy

johnboy Rookie

When theTexans traded up to get Babin The Titans got 3 or 4 more draft picks and they finished at 4 & 12 last year.Trading down is not the cure all to make your team better ask the Titans & Fisher I can't believe people on this board want him as a HC of the Texans.

11. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

I watched Vince Young play against A&M and have seen him struggle against teams like Oklahoma State. Yeah, the decision is easy. Trade the pick.

12. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Trading down gives you depth and an overall better team for the long-term. That cannot be disputed.

13. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i'm not sure exactly which picks we gave up, but it looks like ben troupe, randy starks, & bo schobel. i'm pretty sure the titans would trade babin for those 3 every time.

14. titan hater

titan hater Veteran

I agree with this...Other then in Texas most of what I have been hearing and reading seem to suggest Bush should be the 1st pick...Again, I think too many folks are using one game as their gage...Prior to the national champ game I think the majority of the folks on this board thought Bush was the right choice as well...Why change after one great performance?

15. SBTexans08

SBTexans08 All Pro

Before the Rose Bowl....Young wasn't considered for the 2006 draft. Since the Rose Bowl....it was only the most prudent thing to do in coming out for the draft. He couldn't rise any higher than he'd come after that performance. That's why one game has changed the outlook in this whole debacle.

16. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

But if you're Bob McNair and looking to win now - you will NOT take him so it's actually NOT an easy decision...especially for those of us who think they're both great and are not big UT fans.

17. exclude

exclude Veteran

Its really the influx of UT fans swamping the boards.

Most true Texans fans believe in Bush, although I'm starting to get worried why its taking him so long to declare.

18. 1-3

1-3 Veteran

Hell, if we trade with the Titans isn't there a great chance we can still get Vince or Reggie? .. with both NO and Tenn going QB or with NO liking Lineheart as has been tossed around

19. CenTexNative

CenTexNative Veteran

If he does indeed declare. He might take a page from Lienert(sp) and stay for his senior year. I'll wait and see.

20. titan hater

titan hater Veteran

It is possible that he is going to stay in School...If this happens I think we should trade the pick...A DE, LB, or D'Brick would not be a bad pick...