Lestar Jean??????????????????????-

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ASidd_1990, May 30, 2013.

1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Veteran

I get tired of hearing about all of his potential. He needs to step up this year and establish himself as the solid #3 receiver - if not at least challenge for the #2.

2. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

the guy couldn't even beat out an aging slow Walter or 2 inconsistent rookies...what more needs to be said?

3. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Even if he hasn't improved from last year he'll probably still make the team due to Posey being out. I still haven't heard anything about how bad Posey's injury was and when he's coming back. If he tore his achilles bad enough he may never be the same, so we may be stuck with Jean for awhile. I'm hoping for a much better Jean and Martin this year.

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Lead Moderator Staff Member

Why is Posey may never be back and Micahael Crabtree is back in about 6 months? People treat every Texans injury as if the player died.

5. Fili

Fili All Pro

Because Crabtree is good and the 49ers don't want anyone to panic.

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Andre
    Hopkins
    Posey
    Martin
    Bonner
    Maehl....

It's funny, I look at the Texans' roster on NFL.com & at WR you have Aj with 11 years. The next closest guy is LeStar with 3. We've got 9 other guys on our roster, 2 guys with 2 years (Martin & Posey), Maehl with 1, & 6 guys with 0

7. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

HAHA thats not saying anything since Kubiak is so loyal to his guys, we have all seen it time and time again with kubiak. Just because Walter was a head of him on the D.C means jack really !

8. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I'm going to ignore the 22 question marks and ask what the trailing hyphen is for.

TejasTom likes this.
  9. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

That might have something to do with the Texans downplaying every injury and it taking much longer for a player to come back than was initially indicated. There have also been some odd injuries with Texans that were career ending.

10. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Lestar Jean is a #4 receiver best case who can make a nice play once every few games. I'm not sure why everyone tries to believe he is something more.

11. Vance87

Vance87 Hall of Fame

Right. At this point we'd be lucky if he reached Jacoby's level. When Jacoby was a Texan. And before his playoff blunder. And now I'm mad again.

12. False Start

False Start On # 69

:heh: I was gonna say something along the same lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

dc_txtech likes this.
  13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

You have to be really good @ something specific to make Texan roster, WR no exception. Lestar needs to get more physical & engage in blocking schemes then open bigger windows for Matt to make it easier to target him.

14. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

The guy was a UDFA who was basically playing in his rookie season last year. I'm not quite sure what people were really expecting from the guy.

15. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Take advantage of opportunity. Like Posey flashed before tearing ACL.

16. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Posey was drafted in the 3rd round and I expected him to make an impact. I can't really say I've ever had high expectations for Jean. There was hope that he would play well but I didn't expect him to.

17. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I once had high expectations for Jean, but that was when I thought he was fast just because he looks fast. Now I just want Posey healthy, too see improvement from Martin, & hope for the best from Hopkins (obviously). I think Lestar is just what he is, which is pretty good for a UDFA, but nothing I'm going to worry about.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Honestly, I never thought much about LeStar Jean until I saw him last season in the regular season. I love his size, those long arms, big catch radius.... & the guy seems to have play making ability.

I want him to be a badd ass. I want him to be come off the bench & ready to contribute at any receiver position in a pinch. I want him to scare any WR ahead of him on the depth chart into being an absolute beast in order to keep their jobs.

But....... I buy lotto tickets pretty regular as well.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  19. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

I would've given my opinion, but the title needed one more question mark.

20. tru80texan

tru80texan Veteran

Being stuck behind Kubiak's man crush Walter is one reason I feel Jean, as well as Martin & Posey for that matter, didn't get a real opportunity to show what they are capable of, but it seems that most seem to forget that Jean also suffered a knee injury & had torn cartilage repaired during the season 2012. That is not something that you instantly recover from & I'm sure it had to have had some effect on his play. Writting him off after being placed on IR for his entire rookie season & then playing thru a knee injury in his 2nd season while being stuck behind Walter the love child hardly seems like a true opportunity imo. Now that he is healthy, I think we may finally get to see what he is capable of & make an accurate judgement.