Leon Hall conversation

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Errant Hothy, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

link:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2844914

I don't think that there are any character issues with this guy.

I know alot of people don't like him, but Chad Johnson hardly ever fails to bring a grin to my face.

2. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Chad Johnson, to me, is a perfect illustration of the subtle difference between good-sported, brash fun vs. the more negatively charged trash talk. I think CJ is brash and confident, but he never really seems to go about things in a negative manner.

As for Hall, I think people have way overblown some of the misperceptions about him. I think he'll step in and be an impact corner from his first season. All this garbage about how he isn't worth a top-10 pick is no more justified than it is for any other highly regarded prospect.

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I like Chad Johnson. He seemed just cocky to me at first, but he brings humor with it and have grown to like him. He's nothing like Terrell Owens who I hate. Chad seems like a fun guy to hang with.

I think Leon Hall would be awesome in a Steelers uniform, but I can see him as a Bengal too.

Hall seems like a cool guy, i liked he said that about shutting down CJ but said he was joking *of course. lol

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

The best part of Chad Johnson is he (usually) backs up what he says. he's a great football player. I wish they'd let him dance again

5. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I agree on your take with Johnson. As far as Hall goes I think he could potentially be a solid corner in the NFL for some time. We need an impact guy or game changer in the secondary and I do not see that in Hall. In essence taking at Hall at #20 and at #10 are two different things. But then again I would be looking at Nelson/Houston over Hall if we found ourselves down in the 20 range.

6. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Is that the same Chad Johnson who took a swing at his position coach during the halftime of the Bengals playoff loss to Pittsburgh in '05? I don't know, but taking a punch at a coach and screaming at your head coach because you haven't gotten enough touches (While your team is leading?) seems a little negative to me.

7. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

You and your memory are always poo pooing on things. :)

8. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Whats the rest of the story? Was there an apology? Did it happen again?

As you know, people make mistakes. Some of us learn from them and press on.

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I definitely agree that Hall is worth a top 10 pick, but I'd rather have Revis (slightly). Doubt they'd both go in the top 10 this year, but they'd both be worth it.