Lendale White 260 pounds!!!

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HuttoKarl, Mar 28, 2007.

1. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...bYF?slug=cr-lendale032707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

PHOENIX – Quarterback Vince Young made the strides. Now it's the other half of the Tennessee Titans' former Rose Bowl tandem that needs to kick his career in gear.

Multiple sources told Yahoo! Sports this week that Titans running back LenDale White weighed in at over 260 pounds earlier this month while working out in the team's offseason program. It's believed to be the heaviest White has been since entering the NFL last season, and underscores the physical conditioning concerns many believe contributed to the former USC back slipping to the second round of the 2006 NFL draft. Clearly it's concerning news for Tennessee, which has seen its backfield options dwindle with Travis Henry signing with the Denver Broncos, and Chris Brown still floating around in free agency.

Now the Titans are looking at candidates to fill out their backfield and push White, who apparently left the team in shape after last season but gained around 30 pounds before returning for the offseason program. It was only one year ago that talent evaluators were opining that White's weight would likely be a constant battle in his career, after he showed up to the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis at 238 pounds, and then USC's pro day at 244. This after White admitted that he played in the national championship game against Texas at over 250 pounds.

2. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

He's 30 pounds closer to that goal. What a pig.

3. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

The bust watch of the 2005 draft begins.

4. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

At the risk of oversimplification, I don't personally understand how a professional athlete can't maintain target weight. I struggled to gain weight when I was a college basketball player for a crappy program with zerio training staff, let alone what I would've experienced with a professional organization. I know that age and hereditary factors play a substantial part, but when you have 24/7 access to some of the world's finest facilities and medical professionals, getting paid a fortune to be an athlete, then what excuse do you really have?

Now that my knees are shot and I have a hard time getting intense aerobic exercise, I've fought to avoid unhealthy weight gain, but as an active player? Just don't get it.

5. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

So who has the better rack: White or Leftwich?

FILO_girl likes this.
  6. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I don't get it either. I may be oversimplifying it as well but If you're on an NFL team that's your job. If they really want to be a difference maker for their team or want to be in the probowl, superbowl, mvp, or just do your best...you need to act like that. I would be working out a lot. I would be running, conditioning, studying film etc.

Now that it's the offseason, I understand if that calms down a bit...but in the offseason you need to stay in shape or actually get in shape so the season will be easier for you and you will reap your reward. Lendale should be jogging everyday and doing a light workout with weights everyday. He has nothing else to do.

7. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

This just in.

Lendale White just ate Pacman Jones' posse.

Please_Evolve likes this.
  8. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

Lendale White lives here...

regards,
    McDonalds,Burger king, Jack in the Box, Wendy's, KFC, taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa Johns, Church's, All you can eat buffets, and deep fried and battered chocolate bars....

9. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

boy i can't imagine why people wanted to steer clear of Levithan White last year...sheesh.

10. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I dunno, but maybe he's gonna play 2-way this year and be a DT when the
    other team has the ball ?

11. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Signed,

Bill Parcells

dirty steve likes this.
  12. ROCKY

ROCKY Rookie

HA! Bad news for the tacks, Great idea letting henry and brown go.

But I guess you know youre in trouble when Bud Adams waddles up to you and tells you you're fat. And to top it off he did this in what ....3 months? Imagine if the offseason were any longer....

:joker:

13. texaslifter

texaslifter Veteran

Whos to say its fat?

14. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

It's table muscle.

15. Blu

Blu All Pro

Yo Rocky... if VY is Darth VYdar ...I guess this makes Ledale Jabba tha Hutt.
    :joker:
    maybe this year the Titans can choose 10 Ewoks in the draft.

16. jlam

jlam Veteran

I'm pretty sure the Titans front office would view that as a favorable trade-off.

17. yourfavoritetexan42

yourfavoritetexan42 Veteran

Yeah...is everyone sure its not from lifting and its just fat? because gaining 30 pounds of fat is almost impossible in that short of time... I gained 30 pounds of muscle from my junior to senior season, and I was a lot faster too...so it's not always a bad thing.

18. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Maybe his bones are getting bigger?

19. SamuraiSword

SamuraiSword Veteran

This must be Lendell white during his physical at the doctor's office.....:joker:

[​IMG]

20. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Beefcake!!!!!!!!!!!