Lendale Is Just Another Titan's Bud

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jul 12, 2006.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

This PFT piece speaks for itself:

LENDALE LASHED OUT AT TUAOLO

Last month, former NFL defensive lineman Esera Tuaolo was the first openly gay player to speak at the rookie symposium.

Asked one attendee during Tuaolo's session, "Is it offensive if I call you a ****** if you are a ******?"

Many readers were curious as to the identity of the person who asked the question. On Tuesday, we received a tip in this regard, and we then obtained confirmation from a league source.

The question, we're told, was posed by former USC tailback LenDale White, second-round draft pick of the Tennessee Titans.

White gained significant notoriety prior to the draft when he arrived at the USC Pro Day workout out of shape and unable to run. He didn't perform a 40-yard dash for scouts before April 29, and consequently fell out of the first round.

We suspect that there won't be much fallout from White's statement. If asked about it by anyone in the media, he'll surely deny it. Then, others who were in attendance surely will confirm it -- hopefully at some point on the record.

Heck, it could be a good idea for White to admit that he said it. It might go a long way toward building up his fan base in the red states, including the one in which he'll be playing his home games.

2. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

Pretty juvenile of him, and that's an insult to juveniles. I must say that's the sort of act that makes me happier he is not on our team.

3. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

If he turns into an all pro-back do you think we will care? He could hate white people and I could care less. I'm paying money to see good athletes not people with good personalities.

I don't think Whitesox fans care that Guillen called Mariotti a "fa**ot" .... if they did, they got over it quickly

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Nice rationalization of immature and offensive conduct.

Here is a link--(CnD--we need links for copy and pasted material--thanks).

5. Titan "Tack" Fan

It's not even a rationalization. I could care less what kind of guy he is as long as it doesn't affect the team (e.g. breaking the law)

Plus, I would highly doubt that's true. It's all speculation.

6. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

That was a pretty ignorant question.

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist reinforcing the stereotype of Titan fans. :heh:

I have to wonder, though, if Lendale White would like it if someone asked him, "is it offensive if I call you a lardbutt if you are a lardbutt?" idonno:

8. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

Hopefully no one will take offense from this comparison, as its not directed at anyone in particular. Isn't this about on the same level if I asked an African American if I could call them the N word because "by definition" they are the N word, even if the connotation is extremely offensive? Oh well, it was pretty childish anyway. It makes me think of some stupid question a 5th grader would ask someone to make all his friends laugh.

9. CloakNNNdagger

My bad! Will do better.

10. CloakNNNdagger

[​IMG]

11. Titan "Tack" Fan

I dont know if its this computer (its my work computer, it sucks) but i am seeing a red X

12. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i see archie friggin bunker.

13. Titan "Tack" Fan

People can make fun of LenDale for being fat but as long as that weight is used to run over people (like he did Michael Huff in the Rose Bowl) then I am fine with it

14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Well c'mon. You know Huff got the better hit at the end when he stuffed him for no gain on 4th and 1

15. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Just reinforces the opinion of the guy that I already had. He must really be as stupid as we all heard he was.

We'll see what he calls gay people when he's in the joint with them....

16. Titan "Tack" Fan

Well yeah but a 4th and 1 is like 95% O-line and 5% running back

17. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I am in no way, shape or form a "gay basher" and am really sypathetic to
    the plight of gays regarding some forms of descrimination they suffer.
    Frankly, IMO life has really delt a person an automatic liabilty or disadvantage
    to others in our overall society if it turns out that he or she is gay. Having set the record straight on my attitude about this issue, let me get to L. White.
    If anybody here thinks that White's remark is not representative of the view
    point of most of the men in the NFL, I think they're be badly misinformed. Now of course White reportedly said it, and nobody else did. And that's a big, big difference. And that's the main issue. But I'd also want to know Whites motive for making the remark. Since I certainly don't know anything about the young man personally, I could still make make assumptions about his motive for the remark but won't.
    Was his remark based on hostility or animosity ? Was he just trying to be a smart alect to somehow impress other rookies in the audience ?
    The word in question goes something like this "***@@t" ? He should probably
    should know that word is off limits, but whos to know for sure ?
    I would think the term "que@@" is off limits ? But there was and I think still is
    a popular TV show with that word in its title. And a large, relative prominent politically active group with that name in the title. And yet I suspect a gay
    would not want to be called by that name. It can get confusing about what
    one can use and not use without risking the wrath of the PC crowd.
    White is a very young man and pro athelete who's peers are a lot of other young jocks who are totaly consumed with the concept machismo. Cut him some slack and give him some time to grow up a little.

18. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

So in other words he won't really help your short yardage game. Can't have it both ways.

19. real

real Guest

good point...

20. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Wait a minute - are we saying that a guy just out of college in a room full of a bunch of other guys just out of college made an off-color joke? :shocked

Did anyone else in the room laugh? We need their names too.

For their sakes I hope this meeting didn't take place in a state with the death penalty. :rolleyes: