Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Lemme get this straight...

Grid

All Pro
I keep hearing people say "if we win against the jags we will all 3 be tied for first"

but.. from what I understand..

Jags 5-2
Colts 4-2
Us 3-3

So.. if we won this week, and the colts lost.. that would put the colts and us tied at 4-3 and the jags winning at 5-3.

If we won and the Colts won.. that would put us at 4-3, jags at 5-3, and colts at 5-2

So.. best case scenario.. jags are still leading and we are tied with the colts for 2nd.

Is this incorrect?

I think we would still be in third place if Indy won.

It would be:
Indy 5-2
Jags 5-3
Texans 4-3

It would merely make it a 3-team race. There is no possible way for all three teams to be tied until after Jacksonville's bye week.

if indy loses and we win then the Jags would be ahead of us and the colts by a half game. we would be in second because of our division record since indy would be 1-2 as opposed to our 2-0.

I believe the thinking is that if we win and the Colts lose, then all three teams have 3 losses so we are tied in respect to the loss column...which doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.

RunninRaven said:
I believe the thinking is that if we win and the Colts lose, then all three teams have 3 losses so we are tied in respect to the loss column...which doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.
Although we would be the only team without a loss against a divisional opponent.

See you how your team is doing during the second half of the season..I really enjoy to see that none of you are taking us the TITANS in consideration.

Guess what? 9 of the 12 injured players are coming back...many of our rookies had been wrapped with more experience, they will now better what to do, earlier than expected.

All games, played in a row against our division rivals in this second half of the season...are gonna be outrageous!!! Here is where the TITANS bounce back time. continues!!!

Mistril48 said:
Although we would be the only team without a loss against a divisional opponent.
Lets see. Speaking is cheap...facts weight their truth in gold!!

Titanico said:
See you how your team is doing during the second half of the season..I really enjoy to see that none of you are taking us the TITANS in consideration.

Guess what? 9 of the 12 injured players are coming back...many of our rookies had been wrapped with more experience, they will now better what to do, earlier than expected.

All games, played in a row against our division rivals in this second half of the season...are gonna be outrageous!!! Here is where the TITANS bounce back time. continues!!!

dude get a grip, even if the Titans do improve in the second half so will the other teams, why because they are younger overall & after the bye week the Colts defense will be re-tooled and not as bad as people are saying. .500 is realistic for the Texans, .600 for the Jags & .700 for the Colts until proven otherwise, that leaves the Titans sub .400. Sorry but thats life in the NFL, I must say the Titans do a wonderful job adjusting, coaching and improviseing to stay competitive but its almost impossible to fight cap hell and turn the program around overnight, its just too competitive. Good luck anyways.

Titanico said:

Come back after a week where you've scored more then 3 points against one of the lowest ranked defenses in the league...oh improving that 0-3 divisional record would probably help as well :BananaWav

Titanico said:

Lets see. Speaking is cheap...facts weight their truth in gold!!

Have the Titans outsourced their fans like the computer companies have out sourced their jobs?

Sorry but I think you are seeing the decline of your beloved Titans. Titanic indeed, we knew they were going down, we just didn't know when.

Titanico said:

Some Titans fans just can't come to grips with the reality that after all the winning seasons it is actually coming to an end. Grow up and stop being so defensive about the way we talk about OUR team and Jacksonville. I mean the last time I checked this was a Texans mb. If you don't like the lack of respect for your team as being a winning team anymore, go back to your mb or does it exist anymore?

hmmmm....I am starting to think that in Houston, they like to make a "storm in a glass of water"...but ok. Is your choice.

Our (Jags) bye week is next week. After that, it will be easier to see the standings.

As I understand it:

IF we win this weekend (and that is big "if"), we will enter the bye week at 6-2. And IF (again an "if"), the Colts win their next two, the Colts at 6-2 will be in first place because of point differentials (they beat us by 7, we beat them by 3) and identical division records, each having 1 Division loss.

IF we lose and the Colts win the next two games and you win next week, you will be in second because of Division win/losses.

IF the Colts loose... see what I'm saying. This is a (as we say in Jacksonville) a "cat" fight.

Anyway, you are right. We''ll have to see what it looks like after the Jags' bye week.

Titanico said:

Go move to Tennessee if you haven't already, this is Texanville baby... :BananaWav

Back